Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've seen it all now.

Saw someone on my enemies team playing Abathur...and trying to melee people with him during pushes. He would go INTO OUR BASE and symbote on someone....his cocoon out in the open in the middle of OUR BASE..

...yeeeaahhhh.

Though I think Ultimate Evolution should be completely changed. PERSONALLY I think he should "infest" an allied hero and just...extremely buff them and augment their abilities.
    Last edited by Keile; 2015-02-01 at 07:08 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Abathur is very strong and a smart Abathur can absolutely ruin your shit. He's a complex hero to understand though, so it's not a nice simple power cannon for noobs.
    Yeah, use ulti to clone someone and get 0,5 hero (without talents). Yeah, 0,5 hero will ruin your shit.. Stop, please, stop.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Yeah, use ulti to clone someone and get 0,5 hero (without talents). Yeah, 0,5 hero will ruin your shit.. Stop, please, stop.
    Eh? Each hero has 2 ult choices, and I'm pretty sure that Abathur's ult to clone isn't unlimited duration...

He's definitely weaker now than he used to be, but the thing about Abathur is that he's a "win more" hero. He's really good at holding a lead, but really bad at making a comeback. He's also only as good as his team, which can be really detrimental in solo queue. He can be absolutely amazing, but you need a team to take advantage of his strengths.

Abathur is probably alright in high level play, but every time I see one in quick queue I want to just leave.
    Having to 4v5 a tribute is really tough, especially considering you constantly get put with terrible comps like 4 damage dealers or 3 supports.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Abathur's mechanics and such are fine. His numbers are just low. Locusts got hit a bit too hard. Ultimate Evolution is still really good on a bunch of heroes. Tychus, Brightwing, Uther, Zeratul, Tassadar, and Stitches are all strong heroes who have solid kits without their ults.

15+ Year Old Account
    Too many Abathurs are still ult'ing on Nova =(

Was a very strong choice before when you had access to Triple/Precision. Now a Nova clone can just be safely ignored.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle28 View Post
    He's just half a hero in any team fight now. Only way you can play with him on your team is trying to do 2v2 and 3v3 fights to get the advantage... but getting pugs to do anything but 5v5 teamfights is like pulling teeth.
    That's definitely not his strength, don't do teamfights with Abathur!

Corollary: don't take Abathur to a pug :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That's definitely not his strength, don't do teamfights with Abathur!

Corollary: don't take Abathur to a pug :P
    That's what I said. He can't do 5v5 teamfights because he's half a hero.

If you force 2v2 and 3v3 fights he can turn them into 2.5v2 and 3.5v3, which is pretty cool. However trying to make pugs understand that 5 man steamroll isn't the only strategy in the game is nearly impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Too many Abathurs are still ult'ing on Nova =(

Was a very strong choice before when you had access to Triple/Precision. Now a Nova clone can just be safely ignored.
    IF I get UE (usually don't) I try to go for healers. Instantly having a second healer in a team fight can turn the tides.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Newcomer to HOS - bought the beta access and I have been playing a lot of Aba. I have not experienced his pre-nerf state but I think he is a solid hero.

I run 2 different builds - one focused on mines and the other a pure type of symbiote-buffer spec - I think that the mine build might be best. at least in pugs. You can really hurt people setting up mines at the event places - or in the hidden areas etc. So many times I can take a hero totally out of the fight because they run through 5 mines and immediately teleport back to town or worse then get killed by a teammate. Also a trick i've learned is to place a mine into unknown land where you think there might be someone - then when the cloaked enemy kills your mine you know exactly where he is for a ping.

My view is that abathur is hard to play well in pug - take someone down to 20% with mines and no one even notices to finish the take-down etc. And...if you get teamed with worthless people who dont even know you are symbioting them then you gonna have a bad time.

If I could tweak aba i would give him a stronger base-line damage spell, or a snare or something on it - it feels like it does zero damage at some points in the game even if you take the 20% dmg talent.

edit- also just a mention I think in real group play the talent that gives you 2 symbiotes will be king - but in a pug...dont take it.
    Last edited by mrpopos10; 2015-02-02 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    I'm going to speak from experience, I have no idea what Abathur is doing in my games when a teammate has him.

When I say this, I mean that I don't get it at all the kind of impact he has on the game. It's pretty difficult to understand, even when he's in a cocoon on YOUR hero.

So yeah, no idea what he can do.

Deleted
    You can go from 1v1 to 1v2 in a split second and hardly notice, unless you pay attention to everything without blinking or something. Abathur + Zeratul is REALLY scary to play against.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Healer View Post
    You can go from 1v1 to 1v2 in a split second and hardly notice, unless you pay attention to everything without blinking or something. Abathur + Zeratul is REALLY scary to play against.
    Any melee + Abathur is generally good.

Deleted
    I think the main reason why they eliminated the heroic ability from the Ultimate evolution is probably because *every single time* they put a new hero is gonna be "so what would happen if you have an Abathur and how much OP it would be to have two of these available on the same side" for every ultimate and in the end it would be a constraint on creating new and interesting ultimates.

After the nerf it doesent matter in what bracket you are, Abathur is a shadow of himself. Abathur used to be powerful because of his push ability, while providing his team with a slight buff in fights since they lack his presence. This is not really the case anymore. The only niche left is that abathur can turn any fight that is not 5v5 and sadly, the current hots meta is big on 5V5. As was mentioned before most good Abathur players that love the push/pressence style moved on to Azmodan, hes not that great either, but hes better then Abathur right now at this unique style and much harder to kill as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I think the main reason why they eliminated the heroic ability from the Ultimate evolution is probably because *every single time* they put a new hero is gonna be "so what would happen if you have an Abathur and how much OP it would be to have two of these available on the same side" for every ultimate and in the end it would be a constraint on creating new and interesting ultimates.
    If two is too strong then having one would also be too strong, don't get it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    If two is too strong then having one would also be too strong, don't get it.

ETC got your guys in a Moshpit? Oh man that's lucky Tychus was still free to Grenade him- oh wait here comes a second Moshpit right on top of everybody.

Or even better - you have NO interrupt available and ETC-clone chains his immediately after and your team is CCd for EIGHT SECONDS.

That's why one is okay and more than one is not.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2015-02-04 at 04:54 AM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    He is far from useless, people have trouble understanding his concept. Either players (the none Abathur's on your team) don't know how to take advantage of him or the Abarthur doesn't understand the hero. How many times people complain about Abathur "going afk" in base when in reality the Abathur is probably doing the most APM out of the entire team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    ETC got your guys in a Moshpit? Oh man that's lucky Tychus was still free to Grenade him- oh wait here comes a second Moshpit right on top of everybody.

Or even better - you have NO interrupt available and ETC-clone chains his immediately after and your team is CCd for EIGHT SECONDS.

That's why one is okay and more than one is not.
    You should not be grouped up stacking anyways.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose