Deleted

Warspear/Stormshield - whats the point?

Apart from picking up weekly seals, what is the point being there? Abit too expensive place resource wise for dueling...

Everything else is in garrison...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Apart from picking up weekly seals, what is the point being there? Abit too expensive place resource wise for dueling...

Everything else is in garrison...
    Pretty much everything that is wrong with the Garrison system.

Deleted
    I'm pretty confident that if they had gone ahead with Bladespire Citadel and Karabor (is that right?) as faction capitals we'd have been spending more time there. instead we got a non-descript brown island with boring faction huts attached to a horribly misconceived PvP zone which we can barely get into.

My biggest complaint about stormshield is that it's basically a clusterfuck of design. Things are just crammed in wherever they'll fit.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Once I get that Auction house in my garrison working I won't be going to the capitals anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    My biggest complaint about stormshield is that it's basically a clusterfuck of design. Things are just crammed in wherever they'll fit.
    I have no issue navigating Stormshield. Warspear on the other hand is a shitface design for a town. :S

Deleted
    My biggest issue with the Stormspear capitals is the massive amount of people there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Blue Bear View Post
    I have no issue navigating Stormshield. Warspear on the other hand is a shitface design for a town. :S

It also looks like a crack den. Blizz should have added Crack Orcs.

Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey // Intel i5 4690k // MSI z97 Gaming 3 // Corsair h100i Cooler // Corsair CX750M PSU // EVGA GTX 770 // 8gb (2x4) Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz // WD Black 1tb // Samsung Pro Evo 120gb SSD

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well they have Ashran and expected people to use Ashran a lot, so why wouldn't they put a capital near Ashran?

That seems to be the VERY point of them. They are capitals near a faction used area.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    I'm pretty confident that if they had gone ahead with Bladespire Citadel and Karabor (is that right?) as faction capitals we'd have been spending more time there.
    The way the game is shaping I'm fairly confident you'd be wrong, especially about Bladespire. Doubly so since it's almost next-door to the Horde Garrison.

The Alliance Garrison is at least on the entire other end of the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    I'm pretty confident that if they had gone ahead with Bladespire Citadel and Karabor (is that right?) as faction capitals we'd have been spending more time there. instead we got a non-descript brown island with boring faction huts attached to a horribly misconceived PvP zone which we can barely get into.
    Unless they'd changed the Garrisons, the effect would be minor at best. The Garrison is purposely designed to be your main hub of operations on Draenor, because, you know, that actually makes a lot of sense given what it is supposed to represent.

The point of them, to me, seems to be having a "strategic" location to launch an attack on Tanaan Jungle from. Body of water between both hubs and Tanaan, easier to transport troops by boat then it would be to have them march across heavy terrain loaded with hostiles. There doesn't always have to be a gameplay explanation to things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Well they have Ashran and expected people to use Ashran a lot, so why wouldn't they put a capital near Ashran?

That seems to be the VERY point of them. They are capitals near a faction used area.
    Well, thats good point if you PVPing. No use for PVEers.

But even then, making whole city just to access Ashran isnt very reasonable, portal to ashran in garrison would be enough.
    Or just having area like Wintergrasp or TB - dont see the point in having whole city just for that.

Are people now complaining that they aren't incentivised to afk in a city rather than basically wherever they want?

They're shanty towns that were a shitty last minute replacement to the real cities Blizzard advertised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eronath View Post
    The point of them, to me, seems to be having a "strategic" location to launch an attack on Tanaan Jungle from. Body of water between both hubs and Tanaan, easier to transport troops by boat then it would be to have them march across heavy terrain loaded with hostiles. There doesn't always have to be a gameplay explanation to things.
    I think you kind of have that backwards... there basically always needs to be a gameplay reason for something; less so a lore reason.

I was quite skeptical about the Ashran hubs before WoD released, and I've really seen nothing rebuking my initial concerns. The proximity to Ashran is almost completely pointless; you still have to queue to get in. The fact that it's "in" draenor is also completely pointless; it's so far removed from anything that you're forced to take a flightpath to go anywhere; a flightpath that would almost certainly be quicker straight from your garrison.

Other than consolidating the vendors and providing "slightly closer" Auction houses, banks, transmog and portals to two additional cities beyond SW/Org (for all the good those are,) the cities are quite lackluster. And frankly, all of these things could have been achieved in cities in karabor and Bladespire.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

on my server ashran is just big joke

alliance going only to kill that last boss to get win and hs and then horde raid running one event to other so they dont fight each others

Quote Originally Posted by Eronath View Post
    That makes no sense at all for 2 main reasons.

1. The Iron Horde has a large navy full of massive ships.
    2. The Alliance/Horde have no navy at all. Mages can't teleport ships.

The draenei have a navy, somewhere, but they'd be launching from Karabor, not shanty towns.

Not to mention that'd it'd be stupid easy for the Iron Horde to just bomb the shit out of the Trashran towns with their big cannons on their ships.