Deleted

6.1 Starter Edition for unsubbed accounts

I must admit, this feature has me curious, since I can't really fathom any use for it, save someone who really enjoys 19 twinking and wants to do it for free eternally. (Actually, checking it, you cant even freeze XP on a starter, so that's a no-go)

I mean, no chat channels, no new guilds, no auction house from what I remember, I honestly don't know what players are likely to use this function.

Is anyone here planning to use the function, because its honestly baffling me.

(Then again, I have no characters sub-20 to log in with anyway, so it doesn't affect me)

It's probably good for roleplayers

Well, it's good for a few things. For former players which are on the fence about starting up again. For them, actually playing the game makes the choice easier. Also for former players if you are still in your old guild you have the chance to catch up with old friends you might not have befriended outside the game. And finally, if you are currently playing and for whatever reason run out of game-time, then you aren't completely shut out. You can still talk to your guild in-game and possibly let them know you aren't able to commit to any organized activities instead of just being MIA.

I'm sure there are other reasons people might have. But first and foremost, you wrong get a huge error message when trying to log on without a subscription. As usability design teaches, giving a user an error message is quite literally the worst thing you can do. This fixes that error message.

I don't think it's suitable for any form of prolonged Free-to-Play gaming.
    Last edited by Emrus; 2015-01-23 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    I cant see it being used to talk to guildees really, unless you have a level 20 in the same guild, you still cant touch your characters above that, from my understanding.

It's pretty simple - it gets you to pick the game back up.

Maybe play a toon you haven't for a long time and relive that time when you first started playing the game. They are hoping that you get the bug again, and you want to continue leveling, talk to old guildies, chat, etc... To do that - you have to pay Blizz.