Thread: Upgrading

Upgrading

Hello,

I am looking to upgrade my PC with a budget of around $500 (i dont mind a bit higher), because I've been getting fps lag spikes lately, my current setup is:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
    Memory: Kingston Fury Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB DirectCU II Video Card
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor

Really appreciate the help, Thanks!

There is nothing to upgrade apart from the fact you do not have a SSD which is the only thing to "upgrade" by putting one.

Especially WoW wise, there wont be much of a difference, the "fps lag spikes" you are talking about, unless we actually see it, we cant understand what it is.

Where do you get them? whats happening then? etc etc.

I'm getting the lag spikes on LoL in a couple of situations like when I have pandora using an Overwolf i get those spikes, also sometimes i randomly get lag spikes when im using highest quality, even when i lower them a bit i get them in some situations. Also when I use some designing programs like Revit or SketchUp the pc slows down enough that i have to close them everytime im gaming (i know that's obvious but i want to be able to have them opened while gaming). Finally, when i said i want to "upgrade" im also referring to adding another video card or something that will increase my pc's performance.

Okay, googled the FPS drop problem in LoL and it seems that it might be something with certain abilities (though it is from last patch):
    http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...fps_drops_421/

Might this be the problem? Something that happens when a lot of abilities are being used in say a group fight? Or also earlier. Maybe you can try to put the effects quality on high in stead of very high? Or from high to medium?

Assuming of course you already updated the graphic drivers etc. etc.

I am not sure about the design programs. That is something I can't help with. Not sure what is the bottleneck for these programs.