Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Same theatrical world, heh.
    Ya'll are fucking with my zen thing.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wait, we're pulling Jeff Bridges into the mix? Does this mean that the TRON world is the same as the Snatch/Lock Stock world?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Why would I want to shoot someone as my first line of defense, if there are other means of resolving the situation? Instant escalation to lethal force is stupid and irrisponsible.
    You won't say that if you're home gets invaded, and you get shot, and killed, because you tried some other tactic. So please don't press your ignorant, dangerous, stupid, ideas on others who want to be safe.

Thing is; if you break into my home, sucks to be you. I will use lethal force because my life, and the life of those in my home are much more important to me than you. That's it.

On the topic of yappy-dogs at one point growing up someone I went to school with had both his dogs killed with a knife when they started barking at burglars. (They lived in the back yard.) Sadly lights went on right before the guests entered, and they fleed before police arrived.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post
    This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgozRTq8M_U

No need for anything else.
    I need one.

Why would I want to shoot someone as my first line of defense, if there are other means of resolving the situation? Instant escalation to lethal force is stupid and irrisponsible.
    First there are two types of burglars. The ones that stake you out, plan, and break in when nobody is home. Then there are the ones that break in regardless. The first ones, while disruptive criminals - generally try to avoid confrontation and not get caught. It's the second set I'm more concerned about.

It's a matter of logic. I have big, thick, solid doors. I have a monitored security alarm (which I arm regularly when away and at night). I have security alarm signs posted outside. I have substantial outdoor lighting that goes around the home. I have night vision cameras that record 24/7. I have signs that say my home is armed and I will use the weapons to defend my home. If you break into my home past the big thick metal doors and ignore the warning signs (both alarm and that I will shoot), sirens are going off, and you aren't leaving then I honestly can't assume you to be a rational person. In fact, in my mind it's safe to assume that you will do whatever you want without concern for others - and in that case I'm going to immediately defend myself and family if I need to.

It's also important to have a plan. I keep a 12 ga shotgun loaded with #4 buck our bedroom. My wife knows that if the alarm goes off she will get the kids and bring them into our bedroom while I grab the shotgun. She would then call 911 immediately. All of our bedrooms are upstairs at the end of the hallway opposite to the stairs. With the kids in the bedroom I'd be training the shotgun down the hallway (creating a narrow one way in, one way out zone), yelling for the intruder(s) to go away and that police are coming. At that point if the intruder(s) decided to approach us I would not hesitate to shoot them. Honestly, I don't want to shoot somebody, but if I have to choose I've already made my mind up that I would do it and not think twice.
    Last edited by ewhenn; 2015-01-29 at 03:31 AM.

I rely on my home security making it hard enough that a potential burglar will move onto an easier target

if they are determine enough to get in they will have to make a lot of noise and that will wake me up giving me time to secure our door while my wife calls the police

Any force by them pass that point would be regarded as a direct threat to my family

for that I have 500lums flashlight with a strobe feature a Ruger Blackhawk .357mag loaded with 125gr Hornady critical defence ammo and a S&W M&PL 9mm loaded with 115gr Hornady critical defence

I do hope though it never comes to that

Plant rose bushes under the windows, that's a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    We aren't talking about burglaries, that's just stealing. Robberies are when someone forces you to give them your stuff.
    Sure, thats why people talk about home protection.

USA is pathetic, like guns and weapons will solve anything. Ever heard about fueling the fire? If the robbers thinks you are likely to own guns, what you think they will have to.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Personally I have a pair of these and the trainng to use them.

Good luck if the intruder has a gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I live in the UK to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Sure, thats why people talk about home protection.

USA is pathetic, like guns and weapons will solve anything. Ever heard about fueling the fire? If the robbers thinks you are likely to own guns, what you think they will have to.
    So you would have us just sit back and be completely unprotected? No thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Resolve the situation?!? Your not negotiating a fucking treaty here. If someone breaks into your house do you really want to wait to find out if they are going to hurt or kill you? I don't . I value my life and the live of my loved ones over some fuck breaking into my house.

Deleted
    Thank heavens I don't live in the USA, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    Thank heavens I don't live in the USA, seriously.
    Its really overblown due to vast paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Its really overblown due to vast paranoia.
    I don't know about the rest of the US so much, but currently neither my car nor my front door are locked.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Get a rape whistle.

In my country you're supposed to drop your trousers and bend over when someone comes into your home uninvited.

But since you're in america I suppose a more useful tool would be to simply impale the heads of defeated burglars on spikes in your front garden.