10+ Year Old Account

Pokemon X/Y or Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire: Which to get?

Hey there. I haven't really played any of the new pokemon games and the last one I played was Black/White which I liked a lot, although it lacked some solid endgame content for me to do after the elite4/champion fights.

From your opinions, which of the two games (technically 4 and 2 of which are rehashes) are solid choices that you would recommend to your fellow pokemon friends. I have done my own research and concluded that ORAS is better than X/Y due to the amount of content in ORAS but X/Y pays more homage to the first generation as you can technically catch pokemon from the first generation but ORAS just improves upon X/Y more so if anyone can give me some solid info, I would greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: Which one to get?*
    Last edited by Kickbuttmario; 2015-01-23 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed Y quite a bit. ORAS adds in quite a bit of stuff in comparison to its GBA sibling. I'd probably go for ORAS if you enjoyed RS back in the day.

I bought a 3DS for Christmas and picked up Omega Ruby and have had a blast with it. The last Pokemon game I played was Platinum and I remember being super bored with it, but Omega Ruby has been something I want to play. I played Ruby way back when and Omega Ruby feels like a very good upvert to the original and bringing more depth to it. This will sound crazy, but bringing the game out of the heavy pixelated 'flat' effects of the last almost 20 years really improves the game IMO. Hell for me it reminds me of the first time I played Pokemon Red back when it came out on the Gameboy.

I will probably try out X/Y at some point as I hear you can customize your character in X/Y which interests me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    I bought a 3DS for Christmas and picked up Omega Ruby and have had a blast with it. The last Pokemon game I played was Platinum and I remember being super bored with it, but Omega Ruby has been something I want to play. I played Ruby way back when and Omega Ruby feels like a very good upvert to the original and bringing more depth to it. This will sound crazy, but bringing the game out of the heavy pixelated 'flat' effects of the last almost 20 years really improves the game IMO. Hell for me it reminds me of the first time I played Pokemon Red back when it came out on the Gameboy.

I will probably try out X/Y at some point as I hear you can customize your character in X/Y which interests me.
    X/Y arent that good honestly, the game felt EXTREMELY short.

ORAS. The remix soundtrack is nice though I prefer the original versions for most of the soundtrack. X/Y was nice when I first started it but it got old incredibly fast for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    X/Y arent that good honestly, the game felt EXTREMELY short.
    That's always been a problem with Pokemon games though. You can plow through to the Elite Four with like 3 Pokemon then you have to farm level a bunch of different ones to 'beat the game.' Though I will probably hold off on X/Y mostly since I don't want to level a ton of Pokemon again in a different game. Full party EXP share is nice, but still tedious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say go with ORAS first. Then XY. Both are definitely worth of a playthrough.

Just do yourself a favor and disable Exp. Share as soon as you get it. The playing experience is a lot (I can't stress this enough) more enjoyable when your Pokés aren't constantly +10 levels above your opponents'.
    Last edited by Eace; 2015-01-23 at 09:57 PM.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    I'd say go with ORAS first. Then XY. Both are definitely worth of a playthrough.

Just do yourself a favor and disable Exp. Share as soon as you get it. The playing experience is a lot (I can't stress this enough) more enjoyable when your Pokés aren't constantly +10 levels above your opponents'.
    just started playing Omega Ruby last week and you saying that, made me realize why my core group of Pokemon are like 10 level above Gym Leaders lol. Maybe I should grab a batch of my lower level guys and get them to the level range of my next competition, and than shutdown my Exp Share :P -- because in Pokemon, I don't like to lose matches, but than again. I don't like winning with a 1 hit KO against a Gym Leader.....just feels so easy that it's pointless to play. lol