Thread: Some Upgrades!

Deleted

Some Upgrades!

Hello,

Well recently I've been having some problems with my computer and I've been told it's to do with my VRAM (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tion-on-screen), so I'm wondering what graphics card I could get for around £120. (I'm wanting Nvidia as most games seem more optimised to Nvidia)

I'm also thinking of getting a SSD as my boot times are slow and my system seems a little sluggish, do you have any mid range SSD suggestions.

Current System:-

CPU:-
    Intel Core i5-4670k CPU @ 3.40GHz 4.20GHz

GPU:-
    AMD Radeon HD 7700

Motherboard:-
    MSI Z87-G43

Memory:-
    8192MB RAM

Harddrive:-
    2TB
    Last edited by mmoc2fedee611d; 2015-01-24 at 01:05 AM.

Deleted
    You don't have options with 120pounds for a gpu. You can only get a gtx750ti which is the lower gpu card atm i would ever reckon. It will run wow ok-ish but don't expect too much especially on other games that are more gpu intensive. I'd say save like 160-180 for a gtx960 at least.
    For an ssd you are looking for another 80 pounds for a Crucial MX100

Deleted
    So it's better to go for the 960? or is there any other option for like £200?

Atm it seems like the GTX960 and the Crucial MX100

- - - Updated - - -

Any more suggestions?

Deleted
    I would also look at a 280(x) from AMD. The 280 is cheaper, the 280x is 10 pounds more expensive.
    I think that the 280 has around the same performance as the 960, the 280x is better.

If you want to stick with Nvidia, you could also still look at the 760. It is a bit cheaper and doesnt perform that much worse than the 960.