Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

PTR Patch 6.1 Necrotic Plague, BoS, Death Siphon buffed.

Death Knight

Talents
    Breath of Sindragosa no longer has an initial Runic Power cost.
    Death Siphon now heals the Death Knight for 400% of damage dealt (up from 335%).
    Necrotic Plague damage has been increased by 37%.
    Any thoughts?

I personally hope Necrotic Plague will see some PvE play now, defile always felt like a clunky spell, would also be interesting to see some more permanant Breath of Sindragosa builds
    Last edited by Bluey111; 2015-01-24 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Wrong title

Deleted
    Considering i favour the NP + UB playstyle on most of the fights, i jizzed.

EVERYWHERE

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious to see if this will make NP outpace Defile for Frost, specificially 2H. Hope to see sims soon to reflect this buff.

Edit: Looks like it's in the other thread! You guys are fast.
    Last edited by Enfilade; 2015-01-24 at 01:24 AM.

inb4 nerfing BoS again. the amount of multistrike dk's will stack (at least blood) it could be active 100%

BoS will still be useless for DW frost...

Deleted
    I know they said 6.1 wouldnt be in time for Foundry but I really hope the class changes will be live anyway ... NP would be soooo sick for unholy on fights like Kromog, Beastlord, Maidens, Trainboss and probably quite decent on the rest aswell (maybe it will even outdmg Defile on ST?).

All I need now is a set bonus that isnt COMPLETELY UTTER TRASH.

(seriously tho, has there ever been a shitter overall tier set bonus for any specc?)

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalight View Post
    inb4 nerfing BoS again. the amount of multistrike dk's will stack (at least blood) it could be active 100%
    That will never happen in gear available in this expansion. BoS will get much better for Blood as it accumulates multistrike throughout the expansion, though.

Now lets hope they fix the bugs where NP doesnt tick properly while spamming BB -

3 Target test on low level dummies on live

No BB - http://i.imgur.com/RSmI5q3.png

BB spam - http://i.imgur.com/iqZdmYa.png

4 targets - http://i.imgur.com/p0Tlav3.png
    Last edited by Brozooka; 2015-01-24 at 02:45 AM.

Those 15 rp aren't going to change much.

Quote Originally Posted by schleimhaut View Post
    I know they said 6.1 wouldnt be in time for Foundry but I really hope the class changes will be live anyway ... NP would be soooo sick for unholy on fights like Kromog, Beastlord, Maidens, Trainboss and probably quite decent on the rest aswell (maybe it will even outdmg Defile on ST?).

All I need now is a set bonus that isnt COMPLETELY UTTER TRASH.

(seriously tho, has there ever been a shitter overall tier set bonus for any specc?)
    How bad is the bonus?

Love the NP playstyle so very happy with this change as i am sure many others are. I play it now even when its not optimal as i just find myself enjoying the class so much more. Crazy how those little things really make the class feel great to some i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brozooka View Post
    Now lets hope they fix the bugs where NP doesnt tick properly while spamming BB -

3 Target test on low level dummies on live

No BB - http://i.imgur.com/RSmI5q3.png

BB spam - http://i.imgur.com/iqZdmYa.png

4 targets - http://i.imgur.com/p0Tlav3.png
    Woah, didn't know/notice this was a thing. That sucks, a lot.

You can already keep BoS up 100% with the icy runes glyph.

Oh, with icy runes glyph-- sure, that's very possible. But that eats death strikes.

You don't have to commit every death/frost rune to Chains of Ice, but I'm still not sure if it's worth it for ST. It def is for AoE though; I use it for Imperator as blood.

Quote Originally Posted by schleimhaut View Post
    Dragonsoul Moonkin 4P iirc was literally useless. They changed it to something that increased damage though, I think? After enough complaining. The first iteration actually did nothing though.

Oh, I remember what it was now, it was 5 seconds off of the cooldown of starsurge (at the time, starsurge was a 15 second cooldown that had a chance to refresh off of critical insect swarm and moonfire damage ticks,) so basically, the T13 4P was effectively not useful in the slightest. They had to add a % damage bonus to starsurge on a ptr as a bandaid for giving us such a shitty bonus.
    Last edited by kurotori; 2015-01-24 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iysdexia View Post
    You don't have to commit every death/frost rune to Chains of Ice, but I'm still not sure if it's worth it for ST. It def is for AoE though; I use it for Imperator as blood.
    I have been thinking of trying it out on Imperator. I can imagine a few places to use it, though I was wondering if I'd be killing some add packs too fast to cause a truckload of raid damage because of it.

PvE POV: I like it. Defentily makes NP more attractive, and I like that. I think BoS and NP offer nice changes in gameplay and are interesting enough atm. Defile is boring as dirt and i hated it when that was the best talent overall.

Death siphon buff is great esp for unholy and I'd love to use it again like in SoO. We'll see after more tuning, maybe if they take out some of the damage from scourge strike and allocate it elsewhere, I'd be more inclined to take this talent.

PvP POV: The necrotic plague buff is HUGE. For several reasons. Hpaladins and especially priest are moving further and further from the arena meta. Rshams are getting really healthy buffs, and rdruids will still be abundant. This means less diseases dispels on the majority of teams. This could be a huge boon for unholy and make comps like rsham shadow cleave godly, and balance/unholyDK a new thing. I'm actually very interested into seeing how things turn out with these suggested changes. I hate frost overall so much that I've been PvPing as blood. (and doing quite well with it, 2400 in 3s as blood).

I'm satisfied with these changes, my only thoughts now is I'd like to see some damage allocations in certain abilities. (COUGH2hFROST)

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    I have been thinking of trying it out on Imperator. I can imagine a few places to use it, though I was wondering if I'd be killing some add packs too fast to cause a truckload of raid damage because of it.
    I leave a warrior tank to the adds, since we can't mitigate their damage well. That, and we would do too much damage to them. If anything, you can just not use breath if tanking anomalies.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't want to start another thread for this.

Maybe I'm overreacting here, but i was hoping for a T17 2 and 4 piece change. Is anyone else worried that it might be another bad tier?

Edit: To clarify, I'm talking about Unholy.
    Last edited by Relidar; 2015-01-24 at 06:16 AM.