Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Those Hunter buffs on the PTR

Thoughts on them? Will Stampede be a viable option now that they're making it 40 seconds duration? What about the 60% damage increase to Powershot? Fun times.

Stampede might surpass Crows for single target fights but I think the reset potential on Crows will make it better for fights like Imperator where you can potentially reset the cooldown.

I think the 62% damage increase to powershot is huge. I'm willing to bet that poweshot is going to be our new single target talent.

I wouldn't be surprise to see PS get toned down a bit. But we are also discussing in the Hunter guide drop by and say hello!

... Stampede has been a viable option for a long time. It literally sims within a couple hundred dps and sometimes higher than crows depending on your spec and that is before the huge PTR buff to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultratron View Post
    ... Stampede has been a viable option for a long time. It literally sims within a couple hundred dps and sometimes higher than crows depending on your spec and that is before the huge PTR buff to it.
    Here is the thing though. It has a 5 minute cool down. Skilled guilds on average kill each boss in maybe 4 minutes. Sure, some bosses take longer, but looking over the logs from various guilds, I would say average is around 4 to 5 minutes. You'll only be able to use 1 Stampede... As where with Crows, you'll be able to use it 3 to 4 times in a 4 minuteish fight. Probably even more if a boss has adds and you can get Crows to reset.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    as a shaman I'll just post this:
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Here is the thing though. It has a 5 minute cool down. Skilled guilds on average kill each boss in maybe 4 minutes. Sure, some bosses take longer, but looking over the logs from various guilds, I would say average is around 4 to 5 minutes. You'll only be able to use 1 Stampede... As where with Crows, you'll be able to use it 3 to 4 times in a 4 minuteish fight. Probably even more if a boss has adds and you can get Crows to reset.
    The only boss in highmaul that is under 5 minutes is butcher.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    and tectus

Kargath, Tectus, Butcher, Twin Ogrons and Koragh are all under 5 minutes.
    Last edited by Snuzzfizzle; 2015-01-24 at 07:05 AM.

Deleted
    mythic koragh and kargath kill times vary from guild to guild though.

as where tectus and butcher are always under 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak View Post
    mythic koragh and kargath kill times vary from guild to guild though.

as where tectus and butcher are always under 5 minutes.
    Eh. They shouldn't nowadays unless you're just starting mythic progression (in which case your pick of talent hardly breaks anything).

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocWarlock View Post

Not sure why. Shamans were fantastic for raids all throughout MoP due to incredible raid cooldowns in AG/later healing tide, while hunters were benched for the lack of same back then. We didn't come into your forums to spam when ele/enh were buffed in the margin of 3-4% through talent improvement, we whined in our own damn forums. Shoo :<.

10+ Year Old Account
    /comfort

There, there.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Eh. They shouldn't nowadays unless you're just starting mythic progression (in which case your pick of talent hardly breaks anything).
    was judging from looking at wcl speed rankings. most guilds have 5+ min kargath and koragh kill times.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild can kill Karg, Butcher and Tec in less than 5.

But the hunter buffs are nice for sure, I'm very glad that they made Stampede so much more potent again, and the Powershot buff is awesome.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak View Post
    was judging from looking at wcl speed rankings. most guilds have 5+ min kargath and koragh kill times.
    Koragh is mostly about setup. Stacking enough phys dps to kill him between 4:30-5 minutes (during/right after third shield phase) makes the fight a lot easier, but first kills usually go to 6 minutes (or fourth shield phase) either because of lack of phys dps (so you have to do an extra phase, but the time between phases gets lower) or lack of gear.

Kargath is just all about handling favor correct, and right now, most guilds can't even be bothered because the fight is a joke, but almost all of them should be able to do 120M damage in 5 minutes (concidering that's literally butcher's healthpool with a minute added on top) due to the favor buff, even if you do have to kill two tigers and spare 5 people going up for 20-30 seconds.

I did some test with power shot on the ptr, I liked it! ( a bit off topic but still I noticed nightelf males goofy running style is gone, they..they run NORMAL! Race change inc! )

7+ Year Old Account
    Just waiting for the wave of rage coming from raid leaders across the world when their hunters start using an AoE knockback in their single target rotation. It'll be like barrage rage x 1000.

so i dont get it, if you scroll about 1/3 of the way down on the front page it says barrage is getting nerfd ?
    or was that just a tooltip fix and now on the ptr they are buffing it?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    With your new echoes...A massive BRUST

I think that 40sec stampede is abit to much maybe 30 will be fine.About powershot its have no much uses after all they buff other 2 talents too(maybe will get tuned down for pvP purposes)