Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I'm just upset that the Salvage Yard isn't a passive building (e.g., Mine, Menagerie, etc) because uninformed players who don't get it will find no way possible to get upgrades other than from missions. Salvage Yard is too good to be a "choice" amongst some of the weakest buildings (Professions or Convenience).
    Yeah, keeping your mouse over list of garrison buildings to see what they do at each level is hard. If you can't even do that basic thing I'm not sure if you're even trying to be informed in any way. Oh, also, war mill doesn't exist? And if anything, I'd like more small plots over medium or large, definitly not "weakest" building plots if you ask me.

Well, I wanted more alchemical catalysts given the transmute to savage blood in 6.1. Guess I'm gonna get my wish.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Maybe because people made hate posts how overpowered and mandatory the Salvage yard is?
    Because none of the other small huts are useful... Outside of maybe the enchanting hut if you're not an enchanter you don't need any other small huts. Salvage yard at least makes the worthless follower XP missions worth something to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    No one in their right mind would use that. Far more efficient to use the 3 645 tokens to upgrade 3 to 645 instead and then fill the 15 remaining levels with upgrade tokens instead of getting just 1 follower at 660.
    I would gladly use this system for my 615s and MAYBE my 630s. I have so many 615s that I'm contemplating VENDORING them (and I have plenty of 630s and some 645s to the point where 615s are worthless)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Yeah, keeping your mouse over list of garrison buildings to see what they do at each level is hard. If you can't even do that basic thing I'm not sure if you're even trying to be informed in any way. Oh, also, war mill doesn't exist? And if anything, I'd like more small plots over medium or large, definitly not "weakest" building plots if you ask me.
    You'd be surprised how retarded the average WoW player is. Bunker/Mill barely gets you upgrades. A day's worth of salvage is usually a week's worth of the Bunker.

Medium is by far the most meaningful choice; you cannot deny that. Then it's essentially tied between Large and Small.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Meh, I could do without the salvage yard handing out welfare tokens, I remember back in vanilla when you had to work for everything! I really just wish ground mounts also didn't even exist, but I guess the casuals need something to ride around on while waiting for lfr to pop (of course the casuals probably spend that waiting period using the p2w cash shop). I guess this is why the game is called World of Welfare!

I'm sitting on 20 of the 615 weapons, 4 of the 630, 1 645, 11 615 armor sets, and 2 630s with nothing to use them on (but I'm a packrat so I'm holding onto them since you never know if they might become useful later).

I really hope the wording does mean what it implies and the 3/6/9 upgrade tokens still drop, otherwise the salvage yard is literally worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I really hope the wording does mean what it implies and the 3/6/9 upgrade tokens still drop, otherwise the salvage yard is literally worthless.
    If the Salvage Yard gives 0 follower upgrades, where are we going to get them? The Bunker/Mill give next to nothing, and the daily 25 scrap for one weapon or armor enhancement doesn't really change much.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

*Coughs up whatever he was drinking*

SERIOUSLY?! WOW. This isn't a nerf, it's a MASSIVE buff!

I'm just upset that the Salvage Yard isn't a passive building (e.g., Mine, Menagerie, etc) because uninformed players who don't get it will find no way possible to get upgrades other than from missions. Salvage Yard is too good to be a "choice" amongst some of the weakest buildings (Professions or Convenience).
    Again... no... that isn't the case. The 615/630/645 no longer drop, and the 3/6/9 drop (based on my ~200 crate sample) at (apparently) roughly the same rate as they do now. They absolutely, positively are NOT 100% drop rate.

Edited after: Copied another character with 174 big crates. Got 5/5/26 armor tokens, and 5/3/14 weapon tokens. 58 out of 174 = 33.33%. Adding up the drop rates for the 6 tokens according to wowdb (http://www.wowdb.com/items/114120-bi...:contains-item), there's approximately a 25% combined expected drop rate for the tokens right now. The 33% rate I saw on my small sample size is close enough that I don't believe there's been any change.
    Last edited by Mollaroo; 2015-01-26 at 05:14 AM.

Deleted
    Medium is by far the most meaningful choice; you cannot deny that. Then it's essentially tied between Large and Small.
    Yes, because everyone that plays wow has the same priorities and wants/needs. Get a grip. Your opinion =/= facts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    With a bank.

- - - Updated - - -

No one in their right mind would use that. Far more efficient to use the 3 645 tokens to upgrade 3 to 645 instead and then fill the 15 remaining levels with upgrade tokens instead of getting just 1 follower at 660.
    615 tokens are absolutely worthless, it's not even worth upgrading that cause you'll get blue or epic ones later on anyway, so anyone in their right mind, would actually use that, not the other way around. However on the case of 645 to 660, I agree, he was talking about all tokens though, not just that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I see nothing but whining and flaming going on - are they removing just the 615/630/645 tokens from crates and not the 3/6/9's?

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Akshak View Post
    Since I see nothing but whining and flaming going on - are they removing just the 615/630/645 tokens from crates and not the 3/6/9's?
    Did you just like read every other post there? 3 above you is someone with a breakdown on drops from 174 large crates.

10+ Year Old Account
    When it turns into a bitch-fest I stop reading - I get enough of that working with kids at a school.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

So then you want someone else to have to read it and summarize for you. Got it.

I get enough of doing work for people that are too lazy to read threads outside the forums, too.

Deleted
    Why are people arsed? the item tokens are pointless now, i don't play a lot and I have 25 followers at 655 already. I tend to have more than enough of the 3, 6, 9 level tokens to compensate for the others anyways. In fact, I have an entire bag full of them.
    Plus, i get at least one or two missions a day to go for the 630 ones.

You will still get the +3 +6 and +9 armor and weapon upgrades from salvage. Warmill / dwarven bunker will still offer the 615 630 and 645 tokens.

Tbh how often do you you actually get a 645 token out of salvage anyway ? It happens but it's very rare. At this stage 615 tokens are almost totally worthless (think I have about 25-30 that I have no use) and 630 upgrades are normally only used to upgrade a 615 follower to 630 anyway (at least in my experience).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    You will still get the +3 +6 and +9 armor and weapon upgrades from salvage. Warmill / dwarven bunker will still offer the 615 630 and 645 tokens.

Tbh how often do you you actually get a 645 token out of salvage anyway ? It happens but it's very rare. At this stage 615 tokens are almost totally worthless (think I have about 25-30 that I have no use) and 630 upgrades are normally only used to upgrade a 615 follower to 630 anyway (at least in my experience).
    No! None of this logic drivel, I already grabbed my pitchfork, I have to use it appropriately!