Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    What i am a lot more concerned with is this...

Recharge time..

I am yet to see any changes made to flurry which under "recharge time" would have no effect at all as it only affects cooldown, NOT recharge. I am hoping they have the sense to change this before it goes live
    It will function the exact same. The only reason the wording was changed from cooldown to recharge is because echo will allow 2 charges (without echo, you have 1 charge).

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    It will function the exact same. The only reason the wording was changed from cooldown to recharge is because echo will allow 2 charges (without echo, you have 1 charge).
    So I am confused. Do we now have an additional attack for stormstrike, lava lash and fire nova w/o echo? Or are they just changing the wording so echo isn't confusing people? If we get 1 additional charge that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb167 View Post
    So I am confused. Do we now have an additional attack for stormstrike, lava lash and fire nova w/o echo? Or are they just changing the wording so echo isn't confusing people? If we get 1 additional charge that would be awesome.

From my understanding, it seems like we have an additional charge for all abilities that are independent from sharing charge with other ability

Which is kind of a nice change and makes this class more bursty.

Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb167 View Post
    We don't.

Base SS,LL and Nova have 1 charge that has the exact same recharge time as before.

Echo adds an other charge. Recharge time isn't affected in any way but effects that refresh an ability (Improved FS) will grant 1 full charge which means that you can use that spell right away but the recharge of the 2nd charge isn't lost (if LL had 5 sec left on its CD, it still has 5 sec left).

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    Most likely one day, yes, but they don't benefit from haste/flurry on current PTR. Only unleash elements and shocks do, since they were left out of the "recharge" party.

With the discussion of the SET buff and being a viable single target talent, did they not also remove SET from the PE text so it doesn't benefit from the 80% increase?

EDIT: The text now reads: "Your Earth and Fire Elemental Totems draw forth primal elementals 80% more powerful than regular elementals, with additional abilities, and acting directly under your control. Also grants additional abilities and control to your Storm Elemental Totem."

Is this an actual nerf to SET + PE? SET is only better comparatively when used w/o PE.
    Last edited by SluggerGR; 2015-01-28 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SluggerGR View Post
    With the discussion of the SET buff and being a viable single target talent, did they not also remove SET from the PE text so it doesn't benefit from the 80% increase?

EDIT: The text now reads: "Your Earth and Fire Elemental Totems draw forth primal elementals 80% more powerful than regular elementals, with additional abilities, and acting directly under your control. Also grants additional abilities and control to your Storm Elemental Totem."

Is this an actual nerf to SET + PE? SET is only better comparatively when used w/o PE.
    SET never got the 80% benefit from PE. It's just a tooltip change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Most likely one day, yes, but they don't benefit from haste/flurry on current PTR. Only unleash elements and shocks do, since they were left out of the "recharge" party.
    I hope that this will be addressed before they roll out 6.1, but that is probably a bit optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaletaqa View Post
    SET never got the 80% benefit from PE. It's just a tooltip change.
    Didn't know that, thanks!

Hopefully the 30% is enough to propel SET into a single target talent, if only for variety purposes. I know it's been "close", but it was doing about 2/3 of LM damage on 4min Butcher attempts in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by splinternz View Post
    I hope that this will be addressed before they roll out 6.1, but that is probably a bit optimistic.
    Would hope so otherwise the talent is almost completely useless.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Would hope so otherwise the talent is almost completely useless.
    Talent only brings the abilities from 1 charge to 2. Flurry still doesn't work with them even if you don't take echo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will this charge system be a nerf? If haste is no longer improving our cool down because of the charge system... that would make haste less useful... right?
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    Will this charge system be a nerf? If haste is no longer improving our cool down because of the charge system... that would make haste less useful... right?
    It's obviously a bug. Kinda disappointing it's on PTR during mythic testing, but I'll go out on a limb and say they'd sooner revert Echo than have it go live with Flurry broken and charge spending broken.
    Hekili of <Turbo Cyborg Ninjas>
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:
    Getting Started with Hekili
    Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'd agree with that. It's a bit of a stretch i would have thought to fundamentally change a talent like this in a patch. It also really depends on when we expect to see it go live.

It needs to interact with haste. I expect it to work similar to the rune recharge system.

Has anyone reported the bug?

Not sure how many Enh shaman are on Mythic PTR testing guilds (which always has been my opinion the only place they actively take note of issues)

My fellow shaman brethren those that have asked for a resource can now marvel at blizzard for coming up with this brand new "recharge" system. Echo will become baseline to all specialization. We no longer have to wait until till the next expansion to be redesign, it is happening now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atylia View Post
    Once you use the first charge it starts recharging, each charge has its own cooldown

Okay, i have to ask now. I don't understand the talent. The only similar spell i know is the "roll" skill of monks and i just checked it: The cooldown of my 2nd charge recharges only after my first cd was ready again.
    I tested it like this: Use roll the first time and wait 10 seconds. Use the 2nd roll charge. 10 seconds later my first charge was up again and it showed me 20 seconds for my 2nd charge. So it obviously didn't has a own cooldown.

Is the new EotE the same? If yes, wouldn't it be a nerf, because we have nothing else to reset our fire nova and stormstrike (except Ascendance)?

Newest sim is out, enh is at the very bottom(25th+) of every single target sim (665, 695), not even top 4 in any AOE sims(4 targets sustained, 8 adds every 45).

Are we done?

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinsei View Post
    Okay, i have to ask now. I don't understand the talent. The only similar spell i know is the "roll" skill of monks and i just checked it: The cooldown of my 2nd charge recharges only after my first cd was ready again.
    I tested it like this: Use roll the first time and wait 10 seconds. Use the 2nd roll charge. 10 seconds later my first charge was up again and it showed me 20 seconds for my 2nd charge. So it obviously didn't has a own cooldown.

Is the new EotE the same? If yes, wouldn't it be a nerf, because we have nothing else to reset our fire nova and stormstrike (except Ascendance)?
    Overall. It could be a nerf on lucky streaks. However. Look at the new usage. Instead of trying to get lucky for a double nova. We can now double tap it straight off the bat. This will come in handy for Darmac where those adds will be nuked in the space of 2-3 novas. We can get 2 quick novas in to pad our numbers and be on our way. It's taking the rng out of it and making it a predictable system.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Overall. It could be a nerf on lucky streaks.
    The lack of Echo streaks is made up for by the fact that having a 2 charge pool means you can waste far fewer Lava Lash procs. Yes its probably worse for pure single target but its not like that's what the talent was used for before anyway.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer