Deleted

LFR needs a player-led 1 week ban

I'm relatively new to tanking so I got an LFR guide up on my 2nd monitor & headed in...

Little did I know that I'd have to tank the whole damn instance-worth of trash at once because some idiot thought it would be fun to chain-pull the lot.

I even watched one Shadow Priest run off, pull the whole next area then swear blind that "it was the huntard" (doubly anoying to me because there's enough hunters that give the good ones like me on my main a bad name without other idiots throwing unwarranted blame their way).

Stupidly, people cannot be kicked while in combat which we permanently were.

We got through that eventually, then I started the 2nd wing. Different wing, same problem.

LFR is worse than I can ever remember for this sort of shitty unco-operative behaviour and needs a way to control it.

My suggestion would be to remove the requirement to be out of combat for kicks in LFR and for an account-wide LFR lockout for the next week if you get kicked more than once (also account wide so you might get kicked once on one character, again on another).

Not sure if it would be enough to stop this kind of behaviour but it might be a good start.

Side-note, I'd love there to be a way to self-ban yourself from re-joining the same group you just left, currently writing this while waiting the 30m lockout having quit the first lot, queued again and been thrown back in with the same bunch of morons.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lfr is exactly the same as it has always been since it's inception at the end of cataclysm.

I can understand your anger, but what you suggest is amazingly unfair if people just kick you for the hell of it, or you get blamed for something that wasn't your fault.

Leaving bans up to anon users and you will get that LoL shit that happened with tribunal people get banned for the dumbest reasons.

If you are only ever going to do lfr well that is your own problem.

Deleted
    With the requirement of getting kicked twice, it should prevent that unfortunate situation of being wrongly accused.

For the record, i don't only do lfr, my main is 6/7 hc, tank is an alt. I've been playing wow since eu vanilla release (with some breaks) and i've never experienced such an unpleasant & toxic environment as lfr has become. In my opinion, by design it is made so easy as to require no real teamwork or cooperation and so the only human interaction it sees is negative. This is to the chagrin of all who enter the dreaded queue.

One of the unfortunate truths is that there is probably more difficulty in 5-man dungeons than lfr. imo it would make more sense for there to be a 3rd tier for 5-mans with tougher fights to sit between hcs & normal raids. That would lose the "sightseeing" nature of lfr though which is probably its main purpose.

I just want the game to have a more robust way of dealing with these sort of players.

Queue as a DPS, put yourself on follow and watch a movie. I guarantee you 1.) nobody will notice or care and 2.) you will not be affected by trolls. DPS queues are very short these days, as well.

The LFR is tourist mode. If you don't like the way people act in the LFR, you can always find a more traditional group for Normal or Heroic.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did you do every encounter in lfr for every tier? There were far worse trash pulls from tortos to maegara. What about every ooze pack before yorsahj? Frankly none of the trash you need to kill on lfr is dangerous.

Banning someone for a week is still ludicrous, it takes no joke less than an hour to do all 3. You must be so precious to want to ban people. Furthermore 2 kicks does not stop people from getting banned for no good reason.

Do what the person above suggested que as dps and chillax no one notices.

6/7hc on your main you must raid like once a week?

Deleted
    when I tank LFR, I actually enjoy it when DPS run off an pull. I just leave them to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aere1985 View Post
    I'm relatively new to tanking so I got an LFR guide up on my 2nd monitor & headed in...

Little did I know that I'd have to tank the whole damn instance-worth of trash at once because some idiot thought it would be fun to chain-pull the lot.

I even watched one Shadow Priest run off, pull the whole next area then swear blind that "it was the huntard" (doubly anoying to me because there's enough hunters that give the good ones like me on my main a bad name without other idiots throwing unwarranted blame their way).

Stupidly, people cannot be kicked while in combat which we permanently were.

We got through that eventually, then I started the 2nd wing. Different wing, same problem.

LFR is worse than I can ever remember for this sort of shitty unco-operative behaviour and needs a way to control it.

My suggestion would be to remove the requirement to be out of combat for kicks in LFR and for an account-wide LFR lockout for the next week if you get kicked more than once (also account wide so you might get kicked once on one character, again on another).

Not sure if it would be enough to stop this kind of behaviour but it might be a good start.

Side-note, I'd love there to be a way to self-ban yourself from re-joining the same group you just left, currently writing this while waiting the 30m lockout having quit the first lot, queued again and been thrown back in with the same bunch of morons.

I love this idea, people take advantage of the fact that not a whole lot is done to trolls and your basic jerk in the game. If Blizzard had harsher punishments it might make people think twice and the community would probably be a lot healthier. People get crapped on all the time in trade for asking a basic question, I don't understand where this every man for himself mentality came from. It's an MMO...you sort of need to play with other's.

As a DPS I can't stand seeing someone pull other than the tank. Everyone has a role, if you want to pull shit be a tank. As a healer on my alt it pisses me off even more, if you pull as a dps I will let you die, and you might not get a rez, just depends on the circumstances and the person. Some people don't mean it, it's just a mistake. I get that, but if you are running around pulling stuff like you are invincible good luck.

I think it's absurd that you can get back into the same group that you've dropped, you should be auto blocked from that particular run. What you can do OP, if you can remember someone's name/realm you can put them on ignore. That way you won't end up in group with them again. You can always remove them later on if you want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noooooooooo
    You think trolling is bad now? Watch what happens when you get a group of trolls who boot healers/tanks midfight

I'm honestly surprised no one has brought up the obvious, already in-game, solution to this.

Just don't do LFR.

You said it yourself, you do Heroic and Normal raiding already, the gear in LFR is so bad now that you can literally skip from heroics directly into raids so why would you bother doing it if you dislike it so much.

Honestly, my alt was doing 6/7 normal at 632 ilvl - which is basically dungeon blues and the ring quest. And that was with pugs.

Don't try and reinvent the wheel here, leave the toxics to their toxic environment and go do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    I'm honestly surprised no one has brought up the obvious, already in-game, solution to this.

Just don't do LFR.

You said it yourself, you do Heroic and Normal raiding already, the gear in LFR is so bad now that you can literally skip from heroics directly into raids so why would you bother doing it if you dislike it so much.

Honestly, my alt was doing 6/7 normal at 632 ilvl - which is basically dungeon blues and the ring quest. And that was with pugs.

Don't try and reinvent the wheel here, leave the toxics to their toxic environment and go do something else.
    I beat imp before lfr wing 1 was even out. The problem the people who complain about lfr requiring no effort so you don't deserve rewards and its mandatory are also the people who don't want to do the alternative gearing up options because they require too much effort.

Deleted
    I've had groups pull entire paths of trash into the boss on almost every boss or at least the ones you can pull trash into and speaking from a healers perspective the incoming damage was a joke as in it didn't even require cooldowns to heal though, with 6 healers you could pull the world and not run into issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are idiots of every class and role... the best thing to do in moments of excessive 'dumb' is leave.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The problem with LFR is some of the players in it.
    See how much a minority can harm that experience.
    Players can be kicked for dps below some arbitrary standard in random groups or even for them having bought a store mount/helm.
    NO, we do not need the power to hand out suspensions in the hands of a community which has constantly proven itself to have a significant portion which is self-centered, arrogant and petty.
    Molten Core showed us just how disruptive they can be when you have the option of moving to another group.
    Now, imagine that far worse.

What we need is a non-destructive policing by a majority, where the majority refuse to continue when someone decides to act the fool.
    Instead they just tolerate it rather than risking "drama".

There should be limits as to how much power even a majority should have, and suspensions are not something I would ever want to trust random players with.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-01-24 at 09:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    My suggestion would be to remove the requirement to be out of combat for kicks
    You know what would be the first thing to happen? Someone would kick the tank in the middle of the boss fight.

I did LFR for the first time in Warlords today, was pretty smooth.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Usually the LFRs are super boring to tank so some idiot chainpulling 5 packs is in my opinion great practice for emergencies, utilizing all your cooldowns and AoE CC and helpful for Resolve timing. I usually feel like I get more out of it when someone pulls multiple packs all over the place than out of a 1 by 1 snoozefest, and the run is faster as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Noooooooooo
    You think trolling is bad now? Watch what happens when you get a group of trolls who boot healers/tanks midfight
    I consider this unlikely as trolls by their very nature are uncooperative and selfish. This would be self-defeating for them.

I see this problem all the time, but I don't care, why? Because I've only wiped one in lfr this expansion, it's been made easier and quicker. Few people slack who cares it still goes down, few people are pulling stupidly low dps who cares it still goes down, literally I do the three wings of lfr in an hour and a half tops on each of my chars. It doesn't feel like a rug grind I'm going to be here all afternoon bs

- - - Updated - - -

I consider this unlikely as trolls by their very nature are uncooperative and selfish. This would be self-defeating for them.
    Need I remind you of priests with life grip and the go swapping ability.......

You should be able to kick people during combat. Maybe not during boss fights but definitely during trash.

Also, from personal experience, 9/10 times the players trolling are the ones who are heroic/mythic geared.

We had a warrior who pulled 45K+ on Kargath, called us all scrubs, then proceeded to pull a bunch of trash that was skipped in to the Butcher fight. This could have been avoided if were were able to kick players during trash pulls.

Deleted
    A further point to consider; to those who have said "don't do lfr" or words to that effect. While i agree it is an option to simply forgo it, it is my opinion that for as longas it is an option it should be made as good an option as it can be for those who choose to do it. I feel that a 1-week lfr lockout for serial offenders would be a good step.

Regarding those who say "chain-pulls are fun", i personally disagree. Two groups can be fun, maybe even 3 but when a warrior tank is being perma-stunned by 1 group of adds, knocked back every 3s by another, tectus' 3 pre-boss guys railing on you, healers unable to keep you upright, and dps bitching "taunt u noob" at me, i'll take single pulls thanks.

I'm not a bad tank, i know what my abilities do & use tem appropriately, i don't have threat issues. I'm not massively overgeared mythic raider either though and i'd like to be able to do my job (which includes pulling) without the clusterfuck that lfr brings.

If lfr is simply the cesspit for all of wow's worst people and is irredeemablynthus then perhaps it just needs removing and some sort of solo version created for the plebs to "experience the content" in a way that pisses off the smallest number of people possible.