Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    I want to know where is the uproar over this? If this was a Republican, there would be no end to the discussion of how out of touch that person is. Will this hurt the pro gay marriage agenda? It's such a dilemma, how can he say it is a choice but then support gay marriage as a right?
    Um...because he's saying there's nothing wrong with it...? If it was a Republican, they'd probably be pushing to have that "lifestyle choice" remain illegal... Seems like a pretty big difference to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    Because the entire argument of the pro gay rights movement is that being gay is not a choice. If you in any way say or even imply that it is, the LGBT gestapo will call for your destruction. Everything from demanding you be fired from your job to even calling for a DoJ investigation into your bigoted hate crimes of not supporting their claims.
    So why do you care, if you watched the video you would know that is not what Obama said
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Choosing to be yourself I guess.

Because the entire argument of the pro gay rights movement is that being gay is not a choice. If you in any way say or even imply that it is, the LGBT gestapo will call for your destruction. Everything from demanding you be fired from your job to even calling for a DoJ investigation into your bigoted hate crimes of not supporting their claims.
    Not really - the gay rights movement is that gays should have equal rights under the law. There's no choice involved. Saying LGBT gestapo makes me take you as a joke, considering the way conservatives view (and killed and jailed) gays or anyone who isn't straight and conformist.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    So why do you care, if you watched the video you would know that is not what Obama said
    and if you bothered to read my post, you would know I was only responding to the question as to why such a statement would cause a problem.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nsgid View Post
    Op name... /endthread
    Lol was about to post this as well. Seriously, nothing wrong in that statement at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    and if you bothered to read my post, you would know I was only responding to the question as to why such a statement would cause a problem.
    Okey lets leave it at that then. A hypothetical problem that has not occured, instigated by the LGBT gestapo.

- - - Updated - - -

The funny thing about OP is that he has no interest in Obamas view but is more interested in if Obama's tounge slipped with the wording (which it did not if one is intelligent to listen before his magic 25min marker)

Obama hurr durr ARGHHH !
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Because the entire argument of the pro gay rights movement is that being gay is not a choice.
    Even though he said that, the White House will issue a clarification of his position over the next few days and everything will be fine. It's entirely different from a person that opposes gay marriage who says that homosexuality is a choice, and then defends and maintains that position. Of course Obama doesn't exactly perform very well when he strays from prepared remarks, but that's another matter.

- - - Updated - - -

The funny thing about OP is that he has no interest in Obamas view but is more interested in if Obama's tounge slipped with the wording (which it did not if one is intelligent to listen before his magic 25min marker)
    I listened to the entire question on gay marriage and he definitely referred to gay marriage / homosexuality as a lifestyle choice.

I don't see why obama is the authority on sexuality - like it seems some people are acting as if this statement is self-proving.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Because people imply it's a choice as justification for discriminating against them.
    It is a choice and like any choice it can be denied. Adult Incest is a choice, yet is illegal in most states. Gay marriage opponents are 100% in the right because the line must be drawn somewhere. If you support gay marriage and gay sex, you also support incest, bestality, pedophlia and every other type of sexual perversion, because if who you want to have sex with is not a choice, as the LGBT community claims, than that must apply to everyone, and not just them.

You can try, and fail, to use the excuse that its OK to still outlaw pedophila and beastality since not all participants can make an informed choice, but the fact remains that if you legalize gay marriage, you must also decriminalize other deviant sexual attractions. The guy taking pictures of little kids on the playground must be given full protection to do so, because he is incapable of controlling his sexual attraction.

I personally don't take issue with their desire to get married, but its their insistence that its completely outside of their control that is repulsive. Demand the right to marry because you want to have gay sex, and not because you want to claim with no basis in science that you have no control over who you desire to have sex with. At the same time they need to admit their own bigotry, bigotry as defined by their own definition, that they actively oppose all other forms of sexual perversion other than their own.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2015-01-24 at 04:29 AM.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-t...iQ62v9k#t=1515

In this interview, around 25 minute mark, President Obama states that you should not treat homosexuals unfairly based on their lifestyle choice.

“I think people know that treating folks unfairly, even if you disagree with their lifestyle choice, the fact of the matter is they’re not bothering you. Let them live their lives and under the law they should be treated equally."

I want to know where is the uproar over this? If this was a Republican, there would be no end to the discussion of how out of touch that person is. Will this hurt the pro gay marriage agenda? It's such a dilemma, how can he say it is a choice but then support gay marriage as a right?
    You may be right that coming from a republican there would be uproar over it, but a republican would've worded it much differently changing the context (like you tried to do in your title). The republican would say something like "I think homosexuality is a choice people make about their lifestyle, it's a choice I won't ever make but people can choose what they want if they are willing to live with the consequences"
    Obama is clearly referring to any lifestyle and isn't even singling out anything in your quote you mined from his interview. I think you're lame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I listened to the entire question on gay marriage and he definitely referred to gay marriage / homosexuality as a lifestyle choice.
    What do the / imply to you knowing Obama's stance on the matter.
    That it is not something that is as it is but men and women taking the conscious decision that I decide to be gay?

The entire OP is so ripped out of context or rather removing the entire marriage portion of it leaving lifestyle choice = I decide to be gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugbot View Post
    You may be right that coming from a republican there would be uproar over it, but a republican would've worded it much differently changing the context (like you tried to do in your title). The republican would say something like "I think homosexuality is a choice people make about their lifestyle, it's a choice I won't ever make but people can choose what they want if they are willing to live with the consequences"
    Obama is clearly referring to any lifestyle and isn't even singling out anything in your quote you mined from his interview. I think you're lame.
    Lol, you're basing your entire justification that he's wrong on a hypothetical "republican" and what you think he might have said. And then you call him lame.

What do the / imply to you knowing Obama's stance on the matter.
    That it is not something that is as it is but men and women taking the conscious decision that I decide to be gay?

The entire OP is so ripped out of context or rather removing the entire marriage portion of it leaving lifestyle choice = I decide to be gay.
    There's absolutely nothing out of context. You can't refer to either homosexuality or gay marriage as a lifestyle choice and expect to get away without having to make a clarification or an apology.

The only mistake the OP makes is assuming that it will somehow hurt the administrations stance on gay marriage. It won't, after they issue an apology or clarification.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a choice and like any choice it can be denied. Adult Incest is a choice, yet is illegal in most states. Gay marriage opponents are 100% in the right because the line must be drawn somewhere. If you support gay marriage and gay sex, you also support incest, bestality, pedophlia and every other type of sexual perversion, because if who you want to have sex with is not a choice, as the LGBT community claims, than that must apply to everyone, and not just them.

You can try, and fail, to use the excuse that its OK to still outlaw pedophila and beastality since not all participants can make an informed choice, but the fact remains that if you legalize gay marriage, you must also decriminalize other deviant sexual attractions. The guy taking pictures of little kids on the playground must be given full protection to do so, because he is incapable of controlling his sexual attraction.

I personally don't take issue with their desire to get married, but its their insistence that its completely outside of their control that is repulsive. Demand the right to marry because you want to have gay sex, and not because you want to claim with no basis in science that you have no control over who you desire to have sex with. At the same time they need to admit their own bigotry, bigotry as defined by their own definition, that they actively oppose all other forms of sexual perversion other than their own.
    I guess choosing to breathe air could be a choice that you can deny, too.

What he meant is that being openly gay and exercising your liberties as a gay man is a choice someone chooses to undertake of their own will, and that it makes no sense for society to spite them for it.

Not that I would actually see a problem with being gay even if it was a choice.

Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

I've never got why it matters if homosexuality is a choice or not

What's the fuzz? He didn't say homosexuality is a choise. He said a lifestyle choise. You could/should interpret that as "openly gay".

"The LGBT gestapo will call for your destruction" is a grave and hideous insult to those who fought against and suffered under Nazism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I've never got why it matters if homosexuality is a choice or not
    The single reason that has ever made any sense to me is that, if they can claim it's a choice, then they're free to attack people over the choice that they made, because that supposedly is somehow different than attacking them over something they didn't choose.

It isn't, really. But that's the only thing that makes any sense at all, as limited as that sense may be.

"If you legalize the smoking of tobacco, you must legalize the smoking of all plants" How the hell does this make any sense.
    Let me do it again "If you legalize pooping in a toilet, you must legalize pooping anywhere"
    I can do it again "If you legalize driving in the streets, you must legalize driving on the sidewalks and in grocery stores and everywhere else people want to drive"
    Oh wait and another "If you can have sex with your wife, you can have sex with anybody's wife"
    I bet I still have more... "If you are allowed to keep cattle and pigs on a farm you are allowed to farm any animal including humans"
    Probably some more but I think the pooping one was the best...

Also homosexuality is quite common among other species http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...exual_behavior so there is your "scientific basis"