Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredglol View Post
    this. wow encouraging schizophrenia
    Yes please don't encourage Schizophrenia, so many of today's kids are trying it and finding out that Schizophrenia is no joke. Some things are fun to joke about, other things like encouraging schizophrenia or tricking someone into eating an uncooked cat is not funny. Please always cook the damn thing first, it's common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is harmless fun and something that has no impact on gameplay and is completely optional... I don't see why people are getting up in arms over it. It's a -TOY-. It's not really meant to be all that serious...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    I think it is harmless fun and something that has no impact on gameplay and is completely optional... I don't see why people are getting up in arms over it. It's a -TOY-. It's not really meant to be all that serious...
    This.
    Even since the beginning, Blizz didn't care about if the game was too silly or too serious, they just played jump-rope with it. I direct you to 40-man Vanilla Nefarion, who's mechanics were just so ridiculous, it didn't seem like a real boss fight.
    Yes, World of Warcraft has an expansive, rich and diverse world filled with fantasy, strange creatures, and overall an epic experience. But that doesn't mean it has to be like that all the time, sometimes they just want to put in Walrus people. Or Pandas. Or a camera to let you take a selfie.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

i really want to hate this... but i know that i'd be using it constantly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump!

Sig by Isilrien

People have been taking selfies in wow and posting on twitter to gain "fame" for a while now, there's an Orc guy on twitter that is followed by a lot of devs who posts selfies of his characters on a regular basis, can't remember his name right now but he's obviously one of the reasons why they're implementing this. That being said, I'm not a fan of selfies however you can't deny it's gonna help with creation of avatars, signatures and such. No idea why people are making a big deal out of this, it's not like it was a waste of development resources as it's just a toy that manipulates already existing character animations just like a few other items and quests already do.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Luckily tastes are different.

Yes thank who ever for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more annoyed by the fact that the stupid thing can't be used as a proper camera first before a stupid gimmick of "Hurr Hurr selfie durr" though as long as there is the option to mess with people whilst they try to take a photo with it I'll be fucking golden. E.g. *player decides to take a picture of themselves in Stormshield* Pop Orge flask and glider and boom ogre on a glider behind the player.

7+ Year Old Account
    Goddamn people, i dont like selfies myself but calm down before you get a heart attack! Just ignore it like normal people. Not like they have a gun to your head or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tublerone View Post
    ridiculously long paragraphs fuming about something completely harmless and fun
    Wow, someone needs a hug

Or therapy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogasaur View Post
    Goddamn people, i dont like selfies myself but calm down before you get a heart attack! Just ignore it like normal people. Not like they have a gun to your head or something.
    Normal people are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SuRXIII View Post
    Wow, someone needs a hug

Or therapy
    Or someone needs to kill himself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    WoW has the best sense of humor, while also keeping a rather serious tone.
    Ugh, far from.

As long as we can tell when it is being used an photobomb, I have no issues with this at all. (joking really why would you have issues with this anyway, this type of thing is classic Blizz. Pop culture references are a part of their identity)

And so it begins...

Deleted
    Oh man, the reaction to this is even more hilarious than the item itself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tublerone View Post
    Normal people are the problem.

Or someone needs to kill himself.
    You mad bro?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

like seriously my bf messaged me at 3am yesterday to tell me about this XD i want it! i love tanking SS and i always attempt to zoom in cuz my panda is just so adorable <3

gib me now plz :3

Poop jokes and selfies compared to a serious and dark theme doesn't make the poop jokes and selfies "humorous"

Such an item is only natural in WoW. There is all this talk about serious and dark tone in the game and this makes me wonder if they are still talking about WoW. Because I play the game for about 7 years now and I have yet to encounter that serious tone. This game had always more humor than that epicness it boasts. So don't take it too hard when a game full of jokes adds another joke item.

How to address game design problems 101:

Players: There's nothing to do, we sit in our boring garrisons all day. Heroics become irrelevant too quickly, Ashran's queue is absurd, professions are terrible, and the entire expansion feels unfinished.

Blizzard: Here, have a camera.

Players: SQUEEEEEE!