Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I definitely would like to see an overhaul of our entire AoE system. It feels so slapdash and underdesigned at the moment.

Buuuut they've said there won't be any big design changes so whatever, I'm excited to get SOME aoe love.

Mind sear : 6 sec channel dealing x% SP as shadow damage per second to enemies within 10 yards of the target
    If targeted enemy has vampiric touch and shadowwordpain, it will spread those DoTs to enemies within y yards. At the last tick of mindsear, all enemies with vampiric touch and shadow word pain will have those DoTs consumed and be dealt z% spellpower as shadow damage

Surge of shadow (insta mindspike proc talent forgot its name) : mindspike can be casted while mindsear is chanelled, dealing instant damage split among all targets within 10 yards (kinda like mistweaver thingy, doesnt interupt mindsear)

mindbender : mindsear can be targeted on mindbenders, cloning one of them each second (6 secs, 6 mindbenders). cloned mindbenders will not attack targets other mindbenders are attacking (monk's SEF) and deal 50% damage

insanity : upon using devouring plague, mindsear will deal 100% of the end detonation damage each second in addition to the base ticking damage

the drem
    rt if u crid
    Last edited by Milocow; 2015-01-25 at 07:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phailzôr View Post
    I'm honestly bored of CoP, but that may be because I feel like DoTWeaving is a silly playstyle that really has no place anywhere.
    I agree, I feel like CoP would be much more enjoyable if DoTweaving wasn't part of the spec

Quote Originally Posted by Joresh View Post
    I agree, I feel like CoP would be much more enjoyable if DoTweaving wasn't part of the spec
    Noooo, DoTweaving is what makes it fun!

But I do agree that our AoE is quite terrible. Searsanity is one right step, but the road is long and we have ways to go still.

I did some tinkering with Simcraft and, if I don't DOTWeave (which I don't, fucking tedious as hell), then buffed Void Entropy/buffed Mindbender/Power Infusion is within 500 DPS of Clarity of Power/Insanity/Twist on single target. On two-target Council stuff, it beats COP pretty handily.

I'm elated!

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    I did some tinkering with Simcraft and, if I don't DOTWeave (which I don't, fucking tedious as hell), then buffed Void Entropy/buffed Mindbender/Power Infusion is within 500 DPS of Clarity of Power/Insanity/Twist on single target. On two-target Council stuff, it beats COP pretty handily.

I'm elated!
    Which honestly is how it should be and how it's supposed to be given talent design and developer intentions from twitter conversations. Clarity as the best for 1 target, Void for 2, then AS for 3+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Noooo, DoTweaving is what makes it fun!

But I do agree that our AoE is quite terrible. Searsanity is one right step, but the road is long and we have ways to go still.
    I find DoTweaving far too tedious for a raid environment, I played a feral druid from tbc through MoP so if there's something more tedious than "JOHN FUCKING MADDEN feral" there's an issue

People who think vent will ever be used without a huge mechanical change make me laugh.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

People who twist themselves into knots to eke out another 1% DPS, potentially at the cost of their own enjoyment, and expect others to do the same make me laugh. We're in good company.

If Void Entropy is within ~750 DPS of normal Clarity of Power, I'm probably going to use it. I don't have the crit gear to make Auspicious Spirits work, and I'm slopping over with Haste/Multistrike gear from my Holy main spec.

Edit: Not everyone's a mythic raider, nor do they aspire to be.
    Last edited by davesignal; 2015-01-26 at 09:16 AM.

Deleted
    After the buff Void entropy will be roughly (1350% SP) 67.5% per tick every 3 seconds. Compared to Vampiric Touch 58.5% every 3 seconds. Pretty decent considering we won't need to spend GCD's keeping it up.

Haste is going to be a beast for Void Entropy.

Also considering the 30% buff to Mind Bender it is feasible to take this talent instead of Insanity since VEnt will have poor orb generation.
    Surge of Darkness will also be considerably more attractive if you spec VEnt to achieve higher orb generation.
    Last edited by mmoc0ad0497bcb; 2015-01-26 at 10:45 AM.

Based on the 695-sims patchwerk sims available and then factoring in the new changes the DPS for the three talents would look something like this:
    COP 41972
    AS 39547
    VE 38453

Note that this is single target. On 2+ targets AS and VE would probably be better given that the gap between the three have shrunk quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Based on the 695-sims patchwerk sims available and then factoring in the new changes the DPS for the three talents would look something like this:
    COP 41972
    AS 39547
    VE 38453

Note that this is single target. On 2+ targets AS and VE would probably be better given that the gap between the three have shrunk quite a bit.
    can you link pictures of these sims?
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

I think with VE again be more fun and that we will focus a bit more Hasting instead of both Mastery least because the bonus tier of hasting.

Deleted
    COP 41972
    AS 39547
    VE 38453

Looks reasonable to me.
    Not a long stretch to imagine that real world DPS will be very close when you factor in human error with the COP rotation during haste spikes etc. Will probably be pretty close dps wise.

Deleted
    Spriest pvp = punching bag for melee, forever locked down, forever cc-ed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Void Entropy really feels like it should be a level 45 talent not a 100.

It should replace mindbender, and mindbender becomes baseline for shadow.

What would replace Void Entropy ? nfi, something that would make us want to cast more mind flay hopefully, outside of insanity I rarely cast it anymore
    Sig by Safhira

I think many people have the old mentality of "One talent build is better than the rest because X" but the specific way they have now set up the game is that with every boss fight you want to make adjustments to your build. Taking a look at BRF, there are a selection of single, duo and multi target fights, so you should not just make one build and leave it at that for the rest of the instance. So you always have "choices" or whatever they are selling.

Also i think the biggest issue with Mind sear: I is the fact that we build orbs with single target, so we dps one target to get decent aoe? da fuck. what about fights/mechanics where you have to dps evenly(Like core hounds MC for example), means we basically cant ever use it in those situations because our damage is wack. If we have a way to generate orbs through mind sear itself say, it might be good.
    Last edited by Herris; 2015-01-26 at 12:42 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alencarandreh View Post
    I think with VE again be more fun and that we will focus a bit more Hasting instead of both Mastery least because the bonus tier of hasting.
    What are you talking about? haste is king anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    can you link pictures of these sims?
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.html

Those are the current sims. You just have to use some simple math to figure out the DPS for AS and VE.

Deleted
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.html

Those are the current sims. You just have to use some simple math to figure out the DPS for AS and VE.
    Simple math except that cast or gear priorities can change dramatically due to these changes. So there's no simple math involved anymore.

I'll just wait for the actual sims to be there.