Necrotic Plague instead of Defile?

So I was looking at random guides and talking to other Blood DK's and it seems that for some reason Necrotic plague is the go to 100 talent now? What caused this? Do you guys agree?

Edit: Seems that even Noxxic is showing Necrotic plague as the go to choices.. not sure how exact noxxic is to being right.. but thought i'd mention.
    Last edited by Chat; 2015-01-24 at 08:52 AM.

No run defile if you are not trying to max dps and rank with Breath.

NP doesn't even have a chance at being better until 6.1 and even then the current 37% buff if it does anything with be minor in favor of NP over defile.

PS: Noxxic is wrong about so so so many things. Way more than they are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    So I was looking at random guides and talking to other Blood DK's and it seems that for some reason Necrotic plague is the go to 100 talent now? What caused this? Do you guys agree?

Edit: Seems that even Noxxic is showing Necrotic plague as the go to choices.. not sure how exact noxxic is to being right.. but thought i'd mention.
    Noxxic is very bad, Ideally you should sim out which talent is best for you but as of right now Defile is back on top, with BoS a very close second (for me atleast im 673 ilevel)

For AoE defile is also still going to be the best talent for UH, or Frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Defile is very strong single and aoe, plus it gives u a 10% dmg reduc which is nice

I can't say if Necrotic Plague is THE go to talent, but it has been MY go to talent ever since I started trying it some weeks ago. Bear in mind I raid unholy and focus on keeping an up time as close to 100% as I can. Other play styles likely won't find it as desirable. Frankly I don't understand the incoming buff to it, but I welcome it all the same.

Regarding the Defile vs Necrotic plague argument from a frost user point of view.
    Every once in a while I run Simc with my setup to see how they stack up and it always seems to be around 800-900 dps regardless of ilvl. I am sure they equal out on fights where constant movement of the boss is required and might even favor NP.
    I'm currently very satisfied with Np at raids as I use rime procs to apply it and plague leech has become an extra obliterate for me every 25 seconds.

Been using NP in 5-mans and I can say the extra RP is nice. Defile does have that sweet 10% reduction though. Its a toss up imho but defile is the go to talent.

i see you guys commenting about frost and unholy specs, wich is completely different.

as frost, yes, i like to use NP because of the rotation being fucked up and really clunky to play with defile, but as blood i would never use it over Defile.

6.1 will be interesting to try it out tho.

Deleted
    I used NP on Ko'ragh principally

It's pretty obvious tbh

On fights more than 2 enemies at once I use NP, else I use Defile. As Blood and Unholy.