Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fireball now replaces Frostfire Bolt for Fire Mages.

(Moderator note, the glyph of FFB is replaced by a Glyph that slows on ignite)

Fireball now replaces Frostfire Bolt for Fire Mages.

Gah. Am i the only one annoyed by this? I love FFB and always have, but outright removing the glyph and denying access to the spell reallly really rankles.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2015-01-24 at 11:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the looks of FFB a lot more than fireball as well, but I'm a lot more into the practical uses and the glyph of ignite they are replacing it with is 2-3 times better than FFB

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    I like the looks of FFB a lot more than fireball as well, but I'm a lot more into the practical uses and the glyph of ignite they are replacing it with is 2-3 times better than FFB
    How did you come to that conclusion?

Deleted
    This appears to be a PvP-centered change (only because I see absolutely no impact of using FFB over FB in PvE). They tried to make up for it by adding slow to Combustion via the glyph, which I think nobody in their right mind would be using, since Combustion will now probably count as a snare and thus be removed by all abilities that remove snares. As if it wasn't easy to lose our Combustion already...

Overall terrible change.

Not combustion, ignite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    Not combustion, ignite.
    Whoops, my bad. Reading comprehention is terrible in the morning. Disregard then. This makes it borderline OP now, since fire can now reliably slow targets even better than frost with that glyph.
    Last edited by mmoc6c9eb6d9da; 2015-01-24 at 09:42 AM.

Deleted
    Exactly, borderline OP. An almost permanent 40% snare is nothing to scoff at, dispelling it will be useless and if the mage is on the move spamming scorch, no BoS, Emancipate or shapeshift will give them their freedom! MARVELOUS!
    On the other hand, it is "just" 40%. There are even crazier permaslows out there, i.e. Crippling Poison or hunter's frost bullets. Hence almost OP.

Deleted
    Thing is, I get, from Blizzard's design philosophy, why melees would want high uptime on slows or slow-breakers. They need them to have a high uptime on a target. It's definitely not fun being able to do damage only 30% of the time in a fight (Hunters not counting, since they're a class with all the benefits of being ranged and none of the downsides, ain't it cool?). While admittedly Fire in PvP wasn't very strong I can't help but think there could have been a better solution to this. I think this'll just start another snare/cc arms race again, and we all know what that got us the last time *coughmoppvpcough*.

Deleted
    Sounds funny with Infernoblast's spreading

Deleted
    Hmm, in arena it's probably a nerf because you now have no dmg spel outside of fire and many melee can aply a slow easy and come close often.
    In battlegrounds especially where you meet a single melee it will be a stong buff. It's also usefull against flagcarriers. Be aware that scorch hits for shit so not sure if scorch spam will be that usefull.

fire is so bad in pvp, scorch dmg is nonexistant and fireball is impossible to cast, so this change is completely uselesss imo.

Deleted
    So, having a default spell with a slightly longer cast time that always slows is too much and had to be pruned? Was having two main nuke choices (sort of) giving someone brain overload? The design of this class keeps getting worse and worse. This does not give us an interesting glyph choice, not in the slightest. It now means we have to forfeit self-healing (Spellsteal or Regenerative Ice Glyphs) or making Polymorph PvP functional to gain kiting ability.

As if fire mages and their awesome control kit were too hot for all these poor hunters, DKs, and ferals to deal with.

Very bad change, makes Fire even weaker in PvP and buffs interrupts which is the last thing interrupts need.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Glyph of Ignite is just as uneccessary as Frozen ammo, passive slows shouldn't exist. Fire losing FFB in favor of the ignite slow means the spec will be more vulnerable to interrupts. At the very least they should keep the glyph of FFB which turns Fireball into FFB, but outright removing the glyph and spell is just annoying.

What Fire needs is cone of cold back or a redesigned blastwave baseline, not this ignite slow bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    What?
    How does any of that make sense? xD

So, instead of having 1 2 second cast that slows reliably and that can only be used after 3 ignites, we now have that slow on pretty much all damaging abilities with no change in our playstyle and us being free to use fb instead of ffb, which could lock us out of ice block etc. as well, if we were to be interrupted during it.

Uhm.....in what way is fire mage now more vulnerable to interrupts?
    And how is us having a slow with a lot more uptime making us weaker in pvp?

If anything we are stronger and less vulnerable to interrupts, as we can no longer get locked out of frost, unless we use fj or rof.
    Because you won't have FFB to continue doing damage when you get interrupted on fire school, it's a huge nerf.
    Last edited by Aceveda; 2015-01-24 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    How did you come to that conclusion?
    Because the only difference between FFB and FB is a graphical change and a 40% slow. Now anything you have Ignite on will be slowed, and Scorch procs Ignite, so... yeah, this is a significant BUFF to Fire PvP.

PS: Yes, I know FFB's slow lasted longer than Ignite does (8s vs 5-6s), but taking a small hit to maximum slow duration to allow the slow be tied to ALL your spells?! That's a huge buff if anyone really doesn't think so.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Because the only difference between FFB and FB is a graphical change and a 40% slow. Now anything you have Ignite on will be slowed, and Scorch procs Ignite, so... yeah, this is a significant BUFF to Fire PvP.

PS: Yes, I know FFB's slow lasted longer than Ignite does (8s vs 5-6s), but taking a small hit to maximum slow duration to allow the slow be tied to ALL your spells?! That's a huge buff if anyone really doesn't think so.
    Except there's this thing called lockouts.

Doesn't fireball which has the same cast time as glyphed FFB applies ignite which slows the target now?
    if that's the case how is it a nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Considering Pyro and Blast Wave are still most of our damage. Don't really thing it's a nerf. Sure you do feel useless for the lockout now, but yeah.. so do other casters mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    If you get locked out of Scorch, then your opponents have some great reflexes, or you're doing it REALLY wrong. If you get locked out of Fireball, you would have gotten locked out of Frost AND Fire because you WOULD have been casting FFB. There are 0 other Fire spells with a cast time (unless you're insane enough to try and pull off non-HS Pyroblasts), so you can't get locked out of anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Considering Pyro and Blast Wave are still most of our damage. Don't really thing it's a nerf. Sure you do feel useless for the lockout now, but yeah.. so do other casters mostly.
    Except what the fuck else can you get locked out of Fire on besides Scorch? I don't count Fireball because you would have been locked out of both Frost AND Fire if FFB got interrupted instead.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Exactly, you bait Scorch for interrupt, then FFB, but now you'll have nothing.