Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why doesnt Soul Reaper light up like other executes?

Im just wondering if there is a reason. Id like it to personally, as even though my DK is my main, I forget about more often than id like to admit.

Also, i use a million addons, none of them seem to have that functionality(unless im just not seeing it).
    I5 3570k @4.4GHz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | CM Hyper 212 Evo | G. Skill Sniper 16gb 2133 | Sandisk Extreme 120gb SSD + Crucial 250gb SSD | WD Caviar Blue 1TB | EVGA SSC GTX 970| Air 540 Mid Tower | Seasonic M12II 520W | Viewsonic 27" + Viewsonic 27" IPS monitors |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffv426 View Post
    Im just wondering if there is a reason. Id like it to personally, as even though my DK is my main, I forget about more often than id like to admit.

Also, i use a million addons, none of them seem to have that functionality(unless im just not seeing it).
    I'd assume it is because you can actually use the spell above execute range, however I do agree with you it should probably light up aswell, no reason not to.

TellMeWhen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    TellMeWhen
    hmm, i do use that. guess ill have to mess with it more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/adibuttonauras

Get this and you will be happy.
    will check it out, as its very sub-optimal to not use it whenever you can.
    I5 3570k @4.4GHz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | CM Hyper 212 Evo | G. Skill Sniper 16gb 2133 | Sandisk Extreme 120gb SSD + Crucial 250gb SSD | WD Caviar Blue 1TB | EVGA SSC GTX 970| Air 540 Mid Tower | Seasonic M12II 520W | Viewsonic 27" + Viewsonic 27" IPS monitors |

Very cool! Adibags is one of the best WoW addons ever made, so very interested in checking this out tonight.

I currently use Weakaura to make the Soul Reaper button light up when my target is <37% (<47% for Unholy). I also use it to light up Outbreak when Blood Plague is down, etc. But it has limitations; it can't remove Blizzard's button highlight (I want to remove Killing Machine) and doesn't support different colors like Adirelle's version. Button highlights are one small part of Weakauras while it looks to be Adibuttonaura's main focus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Very cool! Adibags is one of the best WoW addons ever made
    Never used that, but how does it differ from wa/tmw?

Well it's an inventory addon, for one.

If you're asking about adibuttonauras, I obviously haven't tried it yet, but it looks to be button highlights only. Weakauras is incredibly flexible but its button highlights are limited to on/off. TMW is a less-flexible Weakauras with a bunch of default configs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Never used that, but how does it differ from wa/tmw?
    From the description Adibuttonauras is on your action bars, which is pointless considering you shouldn't have to look at them. With TMW (or WA2) you put them anywhere on your screen and don't have to move your action bars. I've got my action bars hidden completely, in fact.

Deleted
    Well it's an inventory addon, for one.
    Oh god didnt rly read what quoted >.<

meant adibuttonauras ofc :P

What bothers me with soulreaper is if you apply it, then die, the "final tick" doesnt go off. Very frustrating in pvp. Not a big deal in arena cause if u die, chances are you were gonna lose anyway. But in battlegrounds, you see a flag carrier running away, you get to him, dot him up, apply soulreaper then get killed. You see him running away at like 5% hp with a soulreaper tick and get all excited that you are gonna finish him, only to have it not go off. Not sure if its a bug or intentional but its annoying.

Its not actually an execute, you can use it from 100 percent to 0. It just happens to have an extended usage under that threshold.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffv426 View Post

Because unlike other executes (Execute/Kill Shot just to name a few) soul reaper is usable OUTSIDE the execute range, for a reduced benefit, sure, but you can't use the other ones

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    Because unlike other executes (Execute/Kill Shot just to name a few) soul reaper is usable OUTSIDE the execute range, for a reduced benefit, sure, but you can't use the other ones
    well, not really trying to argue if its an execute or not. Just wish the "execute phase" of it was treated like a procc and therefore able to use the default blizzard button flash.

- - - Updated - - -

Adibuttonauras works like a charm, it was exactly what i was looking for. Thank you.

It should be usable by default, I agree, but it also is better to use an addon for it, regardless so you work in one ahead of time.

If you're asking about adibuttonauras, I obviously haven't tried it yet, but it looks to be button highlights only. Weakauras is incredibly flexible but its button highlights are limited to on/off. TMW is a less-flexible Weakauras with a bunch of default configs.
    Just tried adibuttonauras and it isn't configurable either, at least not without the use of LUA. Sticking with weakauras.

As an additional question, has anyone been able to make a weak aura that tracks Soul Reaper CD but ignores the fact that you don't have runes? I know there is an "ignore rune cd" in WA but it doesn't seem to do what I want.

All I want is for the weakaura to basically pop up (or light up) 6 seconds after I use soul reaper, so that I know that my next rune should go towards SR and not anything else.

Simply tracking its cooldown should do that. Don't add a "is ability usable" condition.

You can also trigger a 6s timer-- WA is super flexible. Something like trigger, combatlog event, message suffix cast success, source player, Soul Reaper, hide-timer after 6s.

That's really the benefit of Weakauras over Tellmewhen and (now) adibuttonauras. Its so flexible.

Simply tracking its cooldown should do that. Don't add a "is ability usable" condition.

You can also trigger a 6s timer-- WA is super flexible. Something like trigger, combatlog event, message suffix cast success, source player, Soul Reaper, hide-timer after 6s.

That's really the benefit of Weakauras over Tellmewhen and (now) adibuttonauras. Its so flexible.
    You could do that with TMW too. Difference is TMW is far easier to setup full profiles, hell you can build full action priorities (think CLCRET/CLCDK -- but for the likes of a Windwalker Monk, in my case).

WA's "make button glow" feature is super buggy though. Never got it working properly (as opposed to just showing some icon/texture which is easy).