Poll: Do you want Garrisons in the next Expansion ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I voted No since I wouldn't want this implementation simply carried over. If followers became more a part of a team (think Dragon Age or Mass Effect), then I can see it being interesting, but that's a lot of work, especially to do well (with branching choices affecting how the followers view you, etc.)

It's an interesting experiment, but I think the current implementation is too central to too many things, especially professions. It also feels incomplete - some followers acknowledge me, but only with one greeting (how hard could it be to create 5-6 greetings per follower???), some are rude (Hi, Shelly...). And if I'm a key commander in our efforts to defeat the Iron Horde why in the hell am I the one picking herbs and mining ore, especially if I have followers?

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    With the amount of resources invested in the garrison I would be surprised if Blizzard doesn't reuse the garrison infrastructure in one way or another in future expansions.

For example, the Garrison system would be perfect for implementing a fully customizable ship in a South Seas expansion, or, for example if Stormwind park is rebuilt it could be a customizable command center for the player.

There is so much they could do with Garrison tech without just rehashing Garrisons
    I think they already said that they would. And even if they scrap a system they usually find ways to reuse the technology they created.

No. They dumped entirely too many resources on completing and implementing the garrisons and it shows. The garrisons are so integrated into the gameplay of WoD. The are required for the legendary quest, they help immensely with profession cds, they are the best way to gather resources, they caused quite a few problems at launch as well and more. They destroyed the market for gathered mats as well as made most professions useless outside of minor upgrades. 15points more for a blue gem vs the green gem.

They also didn't add a lot to do outside of the garrison. "But I leave all the time to do old world stuff!", yeah well, that has Zero to do with Current world stuff and the lack there of.

Point is, it feels like the dumped all their resources into the garrisons and are now playing catch up in 6.1. Adding the heirloom tab "a planned 6.0 feature but removed", Finishing the character models "should have been finished before being put in", and all of the garrison features that are being put in. I mean, its by far the largest section aside from all the class tweaks in the current PTR patch notes. They are focusing heavily on it and quite frankly, I do not want such a thing for the next expansion at the cost of next to nothing outside of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I honestly leave my garrison all the time, and I would love some form of them in the next one, but improved. Like most customization or something
    They did say they were considering having the garrison change per holiday season... might of been scrapped though. But in 6.1 you can customize the music at least.

It's really usefull to me I hope they will keep it for the next xpack.. I agree i would love more stuff to do around the world but the xpack is new and there is plenty to come I believe. But as a raider garrison is so usefull for food/materials for flask/gems/enchants/gear.. anything I need I can get from there other than a lot of money from professions. It's a great addition to the game! And I love the follower mini game!

Deleted
    No, I don't like that type of facebook'ish game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reivur View Post
    Enjoy Garrisons immensely. I especially like collecting the followers and tweaking a 'perfect' army out of my Inn. I have, sadly, more excitement of Tuesday coming by to get a new recruit than I do a raid reset because I find High Maul extremely boring. And while I agree that the creation of Garrisons likely pulled resources/content away from other aspects of the game, I don't agree that it'll pull the same amount of resources away from newer content to maintain and expand upon now that the system is in place. I like screwing around with it, hedging odds and making racial synergies.

If anything I wish they'd add more bodyguards and the ability to have them scale & disengage from targets to give me more incentives to leave my Garrison and derp around with them. But frankly, if they 'unplugged' support from Garrisons in 6.2, I still don't see what exactly would make me "Leave my Garrison" anymore than "Leaving Shattrath", "Leaving Dalaran", Orgrimmar or even Shrine would happen. The closest success the game has ever had in me leaving a main city with frequent regularity was Pandaria, and everyone trashed them for it because "they felt forced to do dailies". Just like people "feel forced to do Garrisons".

Everyone's solution seems to be "I want a reason to leave X Main Hub, but don't make it mandatory or else!". But if it isn't mandatory, then people are just going to sit in X Main Hub for their convenient queues. Wrath onward has proven as such.

When they took away the notion that both factions were getting their own city or fortress in the starting zones, the garrison became for those the hardcore city dwellers were simply going to either camp out in the Ashran hubs or go back to Org and SW. The garrison is going to be the death of them, if they make people go back out into the world in the next expansion, because they made this one to the point the only really reason to leave the garrison once you complete all the dailies for the achievement and done all the quest in the inn/stable/barn all that is left is to farm apexis crystals daily or weekly and go to the raid. Those are the only real reason to leave. In the next patch it gets worse, you do not have to leave except for the raid, everything will centered and in the garrison.

In their hell bent way to not give into the flying crowd they are turning people in to stationary players by centering around the garrison. What they next step in the next expansion make the zone small enough that they don't have to even put a flight path system or even allow for the use of ground mounts because one would consume the content far to fast.

People been complaining for the lack of engaging content, yet they have resorted to camping out in a garrison, instead of a city, its really no different just a couple more things to have to click a button on or for.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, not in its current iteration. it sounds good on paper, but in game its actually quite boring.

however, it is a good starting point or foundation to build on and add to, that would make it more enjoyable.

im not very creative so i dont know what those ideas or changes might be exactly, but i do think its a good platform to expand on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    I would like something like garrisons. With followers. Missions. Profession hubs.

It wont have to be garrisons.

Something like garrisons. Maybe a guild hall.

Or a pitare ship.

if they were implemented differently yes. granted I'm pretty happy with garrisons as they are now. at least making it less mandatory seems to be what people want the most.

No, I'd rather they scrap the whole thing now and do a public apology for it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I like garrisons and followers, that said i wouldnt mind if if we only got followers next expansion.

I dont care what they do with them.

They might have been better served by putting all the time, resources, and engineering they put into this single expansion feature into getting more content out faster instead.

Deleted
    I hope they use the basis of garrisons and learn from their mistakes to provide something that's better.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Putting aside that Blizz has already said that Garrisons (in their current iteration) won't continue past WoD... If they improve upon Garrisons like they did with the Farm from MoP, I hope they open up way more account wide options. They're going int he right direction with BoA weapons and armor from follower missions. But, as it stands, I feel like that Garrisons are a chore on my alts rather than "something else fun to do."
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want legit player/guild housing, not this poor excuse for a stand in. as far as Garrisons...like it was said earlier, account wide and it would be more bearable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Nope, Garrisons just feel like a chore and don't seem like actual enjoyable content.
    Exactly, Garrisons are one of the reasons why I've not bought WoD (the others being the no-flying thing, the current disregard for arcane mages and of course the stupid and no sense lore).

In any case the Garrisons should be totally optional and dispensable (like the pet battles), or perhaps they should be turned into Guild Garrisons.

I enjoy garrisons. I'd much like them to stay around after we move on from WOD.