Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Is it worth starting now?

Hello,

So I bought the game full price when it was released after watching a few reviews and honestly, I never had the time to play it. Haven't even installed it yet. So do you think it would be worth starting the game now, or am I too late to the party? Are there any expansions or anything I have to pay for or is it still enough to own the base game?

Definitely worth it.

Guild Wars 2 doesn't have any unlimited vertical progression. There is nothing to "catch-up" to in the game. You just need to own the game and it's very drop in/drop out style of gameplay.

Expansion may be announced. Today, in fact.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...ussion_thread/

Deleted
    Any particular classes I should consider when I start? Always liked playing casters in RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Any particular classes I should consider when I start? Always liked playing casters in RPGs.
    Eh. I would say they are about the same really.

The closest to the traditional Mage archetype is the Elementalist.

Don't play a ranger you'll save yourself a huge headache.

rangers are fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    rangers are fine
    1500 range from the group LUL

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    1500 range from the group LUL
    for a brand new player, rangers are fine. I know your stance against them

Rangers are fine. It's just common for people to go in to group content with solo content builds and its much more visible when a ranger does it than other classes.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Eh. I would say they are about the same really.
    /emote laughs out loud.

Mesmer wishes it was ele. Ele is more support w/ buffs and fields (with added bonus of top dps zerk)

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Rangers are fine. It's just common for people to go in to group content with solo content builds and its much more visible when a ranger does it than other classes.
    The best 'group content' ranger build sucks vs my worst solo build on guard/ele/war/thief
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2015-01-24 at 09:39 PM.

Deleted
    What's wrong with rangers?

Just don't play a theif, the class feels overly fragile if you are unfamiliar with the dodge roll mechanic, which you will be as a brand new player. Out side of that, any class should work.

well conversely, if you really want to learn how to dodge then make the Thief your first profession

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Mesmer wishes it was ele. Ele is more support w/ buffs and fields (with added bonus of top dps zerk)
    Why does Mesmer wish it was an Elementalist? I do not understand your post or wording.

Mesmer and Elementalist don't share a lot in common other than armor specification. If you are referring to some "gamer" meta or conception it is unknown to me.

What's wrong with rangers?
    If x does less DPS than y then y is bad and you're bad if you play it. It's that mentality, basically. Fortunately it only matters to elitist jagoffs who can't stand the idea of anything less than optimal being in 'their' game, i.e. instanced content they're in control of. Find mature people to play with and you'll be fine.

Hey I didn't want to start a new thread since I have questions too.

1. When is the expansion being released?
    2. What's the level cap atm?
    3. What's the best class for someone who likes playing big marauder type classes or rogue type classes, I like both.
    4. Is there arena or BGs?
    5. How many people play still and is there oceanic servers?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Hey I didn't want to start a new thread since I have questions too.

1. When is the expansion being released?
    2. What's the level cap atm?
    3. What's the best class for someone who likes playing big marauder type classes or rogue type classes, I like both.
    4. Is there arena or BGs?
    5. How many people play still and is there oceanic servers?

Thanks!
    1. No word yet. Still waiting.
    2. 80 and it will not increase in the xpack.
    3. Warrior or Thief, obviously.
    4. No. There is objective based small team PVP called SPVP and simulated world PVP called World vs. World. PVP can not occur anywhere in GW2 except in this modes.
    5. Tons. GW2 uses Megaservers for everyone.

Deleted
    Hello, thank your for the replies. I decided to go with thief. Where should I look for tips related to playing as a thief?

Hello, thank your for the replies. I decided to go with thief. Where should I look for tips related to playing as a thief?
    Forums, I suppose. Every class plays the same in a broad sense. There isn't a whole lot to the gameplay of GW2- it is an action game more so than a traditional MMORPG.