Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Not a fan of the Maguuma stuff, honestly, but I'm still kind of excited.

Also, I reeeeeeeeeally hope Thief didn't get rifle. I don't want another Ranged weapon when the existing ones already fill both the ST "hail of bullets" and AoE "ranged assassin" niches. Give us a sword+shield option based around agility, or something to do with maces and "brute force" type ruffian gameplay.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-01-24 at 07:47 PM.

Any info about the new proffesion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Any info about the new proffesion?
    Profession Specialization
    Each profession can master a new specialization that grow the profession to something new like a secondary profession.
    Example: Rangers able to master druid abilities and become a druid. With druid they can use staff weapon and have access to a new heal skill, a new elite skill, new utility skills and new profession mechanics that change the way you play.
    Example: Necromancer & Greatsword. New specialization for necro that allow them to use the Greatsword weapon.
    We will tell you about each specialization between now and xpac launch.

Brand New Profession - Revenant
    We have 3 light armor professions, 3 medium armor professions but only 2 heavy armor professions.
    You have seen Revenant before – Rytlock with blindfold and new armor. He is the very first Revenant.
    Revenant have abilities to channel and control the power of the mist.
    Heavy armor profession
    Revenant channel the power of great legends from Guild wars past and use those to help power its abilities.. King Jalis Ironhammer is one of the legends Revenant will be able to channel and Jalis’s dwarf abilities will be available to you when you channel him. The demon Mallyx buried at the heart of the Domain of Anguish is another legend that Revenant can channel to use the power of conditions to defeat their enemies.

So all the secrecy for this? This actually looks like a pretty poor showing. They're not talking about how many zones and everything looked about the same in footage so my guess is not many. World Vs World eh, Guild Halls which is neat, Profession, some details would have been nice and lastly the big deal breaker for me no new level cap which means things are probably gonna remain just a zerker/ burn the boss down as before. No alternative system can match the feeling of leveling up and getting stronger. Likely this advancement is gonna be very shallow and extremely grindy or locked away between points scattered all over the world.

Also no mention of a release date or price which isn't very comforting. Basicly they had their shot to impress me and it failed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Not a fan of the Maguuma stuff, honestly, but I'm still kind of excited.

Also, I reeeeeeeeeally hope Thief didn't get rifle. I don't want another Ranged weapon when the existing ones already fill both the ST "hail of bullets" and AoE "ranged assassin" niches. Give us a sword+shield option based around agility, or something to do with maces and "brute force" type ruffian gameplay.
    Thief with dual axe.

Call it the Annihilator sub-class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyres View Post
    So all the secrecy for this? This actually looks like a pretty poor showing. They're not talking about how many zones and everything looked about the same in footage so my guess is not many. World Vs World eh, Guild Halls which is neat, Profession, some details would have been nice and lastly the big deal breaker for me no new level cap which means things are probably gonna remain just a zerker/ burn the boss down as before. No alternative system can match the feeling of leveling up and getting stronger. Likely this advancement is gonna be very shallow and extremely grindy or locked away between points scattered all over the world.

Also no mention of a release date or price which isn't very comforting. Basicly they had their shot to impress me and it failed.
    Luckily, Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 were never about more levels. Levels are such a boring and outdated mechanic and it already shows in World of Warcraft. You can even buy a level boost.

Original Guild Wars did so good without any further levels when campaigns or expansions came out, and I'm glad Guild Wars 2 is following the trend with having the whole world still viable to you at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyres View Post

well sorry that you aren't happy with it

about the no levels, well if it means that one or a few people aren't happy with no level cap raise than that is the price for it. I guarantee you there would have been a whole lot more unhappy people if they had raised the level cap

Luckily, Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 were never about more levels. Levels are such a boring and outdated mechanic and it already shows in World of Warcraft. You can even buy a level boost.

You can't really use level boosts against WOW because it took them 9 1/2 years to put them in yet gw2 has had xp boosters from pretty much day one. Also levels are not boring nor are they outdated, they're a great way to give you the feeling of you character getting better at what they do and that you become stronger than foes you faced in the past. It also is a good way to rebalanced broken metas like the power of zerkers if they were to make heals do a lot more as hybrids leveled up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well sorry that you aren't happy with it

about the no levels, well if it means that one or a few people aren't happy with no level cap raise than that is the price for it. I guarantee you there would have been a whole lot more unhappy people if they had raised the level cap
    I would have been super pissed if they raised the level cap. I was so happy when they said they weren't.

I imagine they're trying to stretch out this hype and will tell us price/release date at PAX East...maybe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Thief with dual axe.

Call it the Annihilator sub-class.
    Honestly I'll take anything but another ranged weapon for my Thief. I feel like there's so many interesting melee combat styles they could go with besides giving us another ranged assassin skillset. Will wait and see though, maybe they will give me the ability to be more of a brawler.

I hope revanent is like ritualists. Please please please please!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

The new specilizations will have to make me reroll. Druid is tempting.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Honestly I'll take anything but another ranged weapon for my Thief. I feel like there's so many interesting melee combat styles they could go with besides giving us another ranged assassin skillset. Will wait and see though, maybe they will give me the ability to be more of a brawler.
    Pretty sure thief is getting rifle. in the trailer a medium armor character has a rifle when the dragon pops out and we know ranger is getting staff and engi is getting hammer so that leaves Thiefs with rifle.

Deleted
    As much as I think that GW2 needs a box expansion... I feel cheated. It's an expansion. And they said they're not thinking about expansions not so long ago. What's more, it's a typical expansion. So why was it called a "new way to expand the MMO"? It really shows how unreliable and incoheret ArenaNet is nowadays. That really doesn't bode well.

I'm not excited. They still focus on adding new things instead of fixing many annoying features currently existing in the game. It feel like they're going to give up on all the things they've added and they're adding and move on despite of the loud crowd demanding updates to existing enjoyable features.

Guild Halls... no, Guild Hall. Because it seems (from their site) that there will be only one, in Maguuma... Well, it should've been in game since launch, really. With more than one option tho...

Kind of GvG - If they're going to abandon it like Edge of the Mist then I'm not even bothered. Also, is it me or is the fragment used in trailer featuring this new mode nearly the same PvP as a video leaked during early tests of the game (that generated a huge hype because there was a necromancer with scythe [staff]). Does it mean that they had it ready for long time (probably like most of the HoT and Living Story)?

WvW new borderland - Well, I hope that splitting will be awarded more than zerging on this map. But that "objectives more important than ever" seem to be inspired on Edge of the Mist objectives and zerging is still the way to go there... a failed attempt.

New profession - melee ritualist, lovely. However I dislike the name. It suggests that everybody using this profession had died (I know that this could mean that they have returned from the Mist but anybody can return from the Mist via Asuran Gates xD If they had a power to move between normal world and Underworld, that would be a different story.). But they're "just" using spirits of dead important figures (like ritualists used ashes in GW1) and had not died themselves, right? Maybe Rytlock died, I don't know, but clearly not all of them had?
    I like that their Spirits tie to the story. Glint, King Jalis (Ogden was quite important recently, right? Maybe we'll see more Dwarves soon) and... MALLYX (Margonite overlord from GW1). I really think that those flying creatures in the trailer look more like Margonites than Mursaats.

Specializations sound good however we don't know much about them, yet. I dislike the fact that they're for level 80s only and can be found in nw Maguuma zone only. I know that there must be some reason for people to pay for expansion but that conflicts with the early direction of full freedom... They could use it to add something new to currently existing zones and show how they've changed after Zhaitan's defeat (I really feel like Zhaitan was a joke. He's not mentioned more than ~twice? in LS)
    Hopefully it won't be as shallow as these new single traits added some time ago...
    I hope that all professions will get all weapons. I'm not really sold on shields for mesmers.

Mastery system...
    lore masteries - love! (And hey, maybe we'll get to know something more about Asuras!)
    hang gliding - gosh, stop. People hate this. Dry Top has been criticized because of all that annoying mechanics placed right at the very start and they're adding a new way to make people angry?
    I don't like the fact that you'll have to learn them to be competitive in new the new zone PvE. Forcing people to make Ascended gear via the Agony in Fractals was a mstake. It feels like ArenaNet can't learn their lessons.
    If crafting masteries require max crafting and the crafting isn't going to be fixed then I'll pass. Most of the current legendaries don't even appeal to me.
    Again, I don't like that it requires level 80. It feels so forced just to please "no endgame" whiners. THAT is not going to please them anyway.

"No quests, just like the Living Story" my ass. What are instanced Living Story missions if not quests?...

New old? creatures (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ceratadon ?) - well, it's a mandatory but I'll take all the references to GW1.

I like that they're using ideas from scrapped Utopia.

It seems that this "new" civilization (does it mean that they're neither Margonites nor Mursaats?) will solve the mystery of GW1' version of Dry Top's houses.

No level cap increase and no new gear level - great thing for me. BUT, they've said this about gear earlier and we still got Ascended...

To sum it up, I think that most of these new features will either fail completely and will be abandoned or will be too shallow to bring me back. I really don't like that GW2 is slowly turning into a typical MMORPG. I guess profits are more important.
    Last edited by mmocf89c8b0f36; 2015-01-25 at 12:35 PM.

This is actually tempting to buy. I loved playing GW2 but just got bored of WVWVW everyday (I also rolled Mesmer so... ZzzzZzz).

Now all I have to do is convince my gf to buy it to play with me (she said WoW is consuming enough).

i just uninstalled this game last month lol...

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I hope revanent is like ritualists. Please please please please!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

The new specilizations will have to make me reroll. Druid is tempting.
    Druids now you get 2 pets at the same time that can't stay alive for any good legnth of time! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    As much as I think that GW2 needs a box expansion... I feel cheated. It's an expansion. And they said they're not thinking about expansions not so long ago.
    A couple years since then, they were refering to Living World season 1 IIRC.

New profession - melee ritualist, lovely. However I dislike the name. It suggests that everybody using this profession had died (I know that this could mean that they have returned from the Mist but anybody can return from the Mist via Asuran Gates xD If they had a power to move between normal world and Underworld, that would be a different story.). But they're "just" using spirits of dead important figures (like ritualists used ashes in GW1) and had not died themselves, right? Maybe Rytlock died, I don't know, but clearly not all of them had?
    I was hoping for a death knight type, so this seems sufficiently death-knightish while still being GW2ish.

Specializations sound good however we don't know much about them, yet. I dislike the fact that they're for level 80s only and can be found in nw Maguuma zone only.
    I was sort of hoping it'd be an option, like a ranger can be a druid and get staff or a blah blah and get rifle, or a whatevs and get pistols, but unclear if it's just one option for each class at this point.

No level cap increase and no new gear level - great thing for me. BUT, they've said this about gear earlier and we still got Ascended...

To sum it up, I think that most of these new features will either fail completely and will be abandoned or will be too shallow to bring me back.
    On a positive note, I think what we get will be great fun for a good while.

On a negative note, it'd be nice to know what we're going to have in game UNTIL the expac however many months from now.

On a neutral note, I assume they'll just bundle base game into the expac so new folks won't be screwed out of stuff.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    As much as I think that GW2 needs a box expansion... I feel cheated. It's an expansion. And they said they're not thinking about expansions not so long ago. What's more, it's a typical expansion. So why was it called a "new way to expand the MMO"? It really shows how unreliable and incoheret ArenaNet is nowadays. That really doesn't bode well.

I'm not excited. They still focus on adding new things instead of fixing many annoying features currently existing in the game. It feel like they're going to give up on all the things they've added and they're adding and move on despite of the loud crowd demanding updates to existing enjoyable features.

Guild Halls... no, Guild Hall. Because it seems (from their site) that there will be only one, in Maguuma... Well, it should've been in game since launch, really. With more than one option tho...

Kind of GvG - If they're going to abandon it like Edge of the Mist then I'm not even bothered. Also, is it me or is the fragment used in trailer featuring this new mode nearly the same PvP as a video leaked during early tests of the game (that generated a huge hype because there was a necromancer with scythe [staff]). Does it mean that they had it ready for long time (probably like most of the HoT and Living Story)?

WvW new borderland - Well, I hope that splitting will be awarded more than zerging on this map. But that "objectives more important than ever" seem to be inspired on Edge of the Mist objectives and zerging is still the way to go there... a failed attempt.

I like that their Spirits tie to the story. Glint, King Jalis (Ogden was quite important recently, right? Maybe we'll see more Dwarves soon) and... MALLYX (Margonite overlord from GW1). I really think that those flying creatures in the trailer look more like Margonites than Mursaats.

Specializations sound good however we don't know much about them, yet. I dislike the fact that they're for level 80s only and can be found in nw Maguuma zone only. I know that there must be some reason for people to pay for expansion but that conflicts with the early direction of full freedom... They could use it to add something new to currently existing zones and show how they've changed after Zhaitan's defeat (I really feel like Zhaitan was a joke. He's not mentioned more than ~twice? in LS)
    Hopefully it won't be as shallow as these new single traits added some time ago...
    I hope that all professions will get all weapons. I'm not really sold on shields for mesmers.

Mastery system...
    lore masteries - love!
    hang gliding - gosh, stop. People hate this. Dry Top has been criticized because of all that annoying mechanics placed right at the very start and they're adding a new way to make people angry?
    I don't like the fact that you'll have to learn them to be competitive in new the new zone PvE. Forcing people to make Ascended gear via the Agony in Fractals was a mstake. It feels like ArenaNet can't learn their lessons.
    If crafting masteries require max crafting and the crafting isn't going to be fixed then I'll pass. Most of the current legendaries don't even appeal to me.
    Again, I don't like that it requires level 80. It feels so forced just to please "no endgame" whiners. THAT is not going to please them anyway.

New old? creatures (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ceratadon ?) - well, it's a mandatory but I'll take all the references to GW1.

I like that they're using ideas from scrapped Utopia.

It seems that this "new" civilization (does it mean that they're neither Margonites nor Mursaats?) will solve the mystery of GW1' version of Dry Top's houses.

To sum it up, I think that most of these new features will either fail completely and will be abandoned or will be too shallow to bring me back.
    So in other words, you don't like new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    So in other words, you don't like new content.
    He hasn't liked change since 2008.

Deleted
    Have I missed something during my current break from GW2 - what exactly are Druids?

Quote Originally Posted by Triage View Post
    Have I missed something during my current break from GW2 - what exactly are Druids?
    it's a specialization of the Ranger, just introduced today so you haven't missed anything during your break