Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys. Haven't checked on in Gw2 for over a year since I got back into raiding in wow so I was wondering if there is any information on the release date for the next expansion.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Hey guys. Haven't checked on in Gw2 for over a year since I got back into raiding in wow so I was wondering if there is any information on the release date for the next expansion.

Thanks.

That's about it.

Warrior getting torch for their elite confirmed...

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/statu...07768800321536

With burning condi damage being very good (highest DPS build in the game is condi engineer using primarily burns), I could see this being pretty popular for the meta (if burning isn't nerfed and I don't see why it will).

In other news, Rodgort's Flame went up 150g in a matter of minutes since the tweet (it was about 250g before the announcement, now at 400g).
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2015-08-17 at 04:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Added the Revenant's Elite Specialization to the OP.
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/m...pecialization/
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Man I just wish they would put some content out while we are waiting.
    Just a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Man I just wish they would put some content out while we are waiting.
    Just a little bit
    Indeed. I'm just logging in for daily rewards nowadays, as I'm too lazy to finish the story on my mesmer/actually level up other characters (beyond using experience tomes).

Was thinking of their upcoming information, and now I wonder what content will require the expansion. I assume the class, sure, and the few zones that come with it, but if Living Story season 3 adds zones, will they only come through the Expansion ZOnes? Will LS3 require expansion totally?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Will LS3 require expansion totally?
    Well I hope it does, I want new story in the new zones. It's for free when you've got HoT, if not you still have tons of content in old Tyria. (I see no reason why someone who has played the game long enough wouldn't buy the expansion, though).

The truth is, we have no idea if LS-season3 will have the same format as the first or second.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Was thinking of their upcoming information, and now I wonder what content will require the expansion. I assume the class, sure, and the few zones that come with it, but if Living Story season 3 adds zones, will they only come through the Expansion ZOnes? Will LS3 require expansion totally?
    Depends on if any new LS takes place in the new zones or not. Any story that takes place in the zones added in the expansion will require the expansion (obviously).

Things we know will require the xpac to have access to are:
    The Heart of Maguuma Region (so new story seasons that take place and that area will likely be locked)
    The Entire Mastery System (yes even masteries that involve the old areas)
    Elite Specs
    Revenant

Guild halls will have some things locked behind the expac and somethings not. Seems like if the leadership has the xpac though members of the guild will be able to use the guild hall even if they personally do not have the xpac.

With today's patch a lot of data mining for the Thief elite spec, Daredevil, was done. Can't wait to play it, it looks pretty cool (basically a high evade, AOE, melee class).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/..._staff_skills/

Last edited by carnifex2005; 2015-08-26 at 04:59 AM.

It's not a high evade class.... It's a stun spec, crowd control, CC. Which is what theif needed, currently they don't have anything to get out of danger besides stealth spam or evade spam (they already have 2 trait set ups for high evasion)

- - - Updated - - -

ok nvm I just saw the trait line, was only going by the staff skills lol

I don't agree with the evasion route, theif already had the evasion route and then they nerfed it and brought it back as an elite spec

what trash.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Indeed. I'm just logging in for daily rewards nowadays, as I'm too lazy to finish the story on my mesmer/actually level up other characters (beyond using experience tomes).
    I am also only logging in at the moment to get my chest. About the only game I have time to play a little bit of at the moment is Trackmania.

Any mention on when the game's agonizingly slow loading times will be fixed? The expansion patch sounds like a good contender. GTX 670 and an I5 3570k, still takes not one, not two, not three but four minutes (According to the clock) to load into Lion's Arch. If we are going to have raids coming in HoT, I can only imagine how long it'd take to load into those massive, detailed instances.

Release date confirmed for October 23rd

Arrgh, now I am going to have to buy 3 expansions before Oct 23.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Arrgh, now I am going to have to buy 3 expansions before Oct 23.
    I'm probably not going to pick up legion now that I've returned to WoW for a little bit. After playing other games WoWs issues are quite glaring and annoying. I like the unique flavor of the races and classes though, but I can't do 30-40 keybinds again and needing addons it's too annoying.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I can't understand the people that say there's not enough content in HOT to buy it... THERE'S SO MUCH IN IT! After being screwed by Blizzard with the joke that was WOD, HOT looks chock full of content to me! So much stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    I can't understand the people that say there's not enough content in HOT to buy it... THERE'S SO MUCH IN IT! After being screwed by Blizzard with the joke that was WOD, HOT looks chock full of content to me! So much stuff!
    I think there's the conventional thinking that no new level means no progression whatsoever.

Actually, HoT will have a progression very similar to Skyforge for those who played it. You gain points for doing current content and then you invest those points into things you like for your character. It's some kind of "hidden leveling".

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm probably not going to pick up legion now that I've returned to WoW for a little bit. After playing other games WoWs issues are quite glaring and annoying. I like the unique flavor of the races and classes though, but I can't do 30-40 keybinds again and needing addons it's too annoying.
    I was referring to 3 x GW2 expansions. I have to buy 2 for the kids and one for me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    I think there's the conventional thinking that no new level means no progression whatsoever.

Actually, HoT will have a progression very similar to Skyforge for those who played it. You gain points for doing current content and then you invest those points into things you like for your character. It's some kind of "hidden leveling".
    It's a much better approach. With a leveling system you date 90% of your content by the time the player reaches max level again.

Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    3 zones doesn't scream "a lot of content" to me, sorry. Maybe they're huge zones and will be quite entertaining, but the initial description sounds more like Dry Top round 2. I went ahead and preordered, but I'm not as excited about it as I was before the huge lull.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."