Maelstrom Weapon no longer reduces the mana cost of spells.

WHAT ??????????????????????????????? What are they doing? WTF is blizzard doing?

I honestly feel like if this change hits live, I'm done with enhancement and the game. I GUESS blizzard really wants to screw PVP shamans.

I am also confused by this change.

Feral druids get instant healing just by doing their regular full dps mechanic.

Enha shamans have to sacrifice a major % of their DPS to cast a single WEAKER healing spell.
    And now it will also cost a truckload of mana... why?

I am convinced that not only does Blizzard not care about Shamans, but devs are deliberately trying to fuck them.

Deleted
    The devs do not forget. They do not forgive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because our self healing was just OH SO GREAT....
    This is probably a case of PvP fucking over PvE.
    The true demon lord.

Deleted
    Still amazed that they "hotfix" stuff like this when the class needs to be redone entirely. It's like putting a bandage over a gun wound...

Quote Originally Posted by -Etna- View Post
    Because our self healing was just OH SO GREAT....
    This is probably a case of PvP fucking over PvE.
    I dropped my shaman early WoD; but if there is one thing I remember very clearly. It is that shaman off healing was the worst out of all the hybrids. And it still is.
    Feral and balance druids have insane offhealing, to the point where they can often sustain not only themselves but an additional teammate on top.

Retri paladins' selfless healer buff is significantly better than enh shamans for healing, their only major weakness in that regard is that their buff is dispellable. But they dont sacrifice potential damage output like shamans to do so.

I dropped my shaman early WoD. I really loved the class, but it frankly feels in such a horrible state that I couldn't be arsed anymore. To me, shaman stopped feeling like a complete class after TBC/WotLK. They had to gut the class due to the changes to how group buffing works. And they have since not done anything to shape the class up other than putting bandaid fixes upon bandaid fixes.
    Frankly I'm through with it.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maelstrom Weapon is by far the most fun ability we have - in my opinion - and it was already nerfed hard due to proc rate in beta. I guess they just don't play shaman themselves, they could - if they want to - literally nerf everything else but don't touch which makes the spec fun to play :\
    Last edited by Darksoldierr; 2015-01-25 at 09:45 AM.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats fine. As long as purge and everything else will cost considerably less including healing surge. But I doubt that will happen. Enhance pvp will be dead if this change goes through. After they changed pvp burst our only role now is to purge, which already cleans out most of our base mana. Heals outside of the maelstrom toolbox are already costly. RIP Enhance pvp

Deleted
    Has anybody tried the new buffed AG yet? will that at least in part help to make up for this loss?

10+ Year Old Account
    Celestalon tweeting that there was no nerf to maelstrom is the cherry right on top

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you link it?
    Time is on our side

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...87857730457600

He later answered that it was a measure to deal with PvP healing and it had no impact on PvE

10+ Year Old Account
    Celestalon has no idea what he's doing. Warlords of Draenor has turned Enhancement as a specialization into trash for me and any thought of returning to it has been destroyed along with this change being the icing on the cake. I wonder what he's going to do to Elemental or Restoration to ruin it next.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    Celestalon has no idea what he's doing. Warlords of Draenor has turned Enhancement as a specialization into trash for me and any thought of returning to it has been destroyed along with this change being the icing on the cake. I wonder what he's going to do to Elemental or Restoration to ruin it next.
    With the new Echo of Elements shit, they will probably give Lava Burst a 20s ICD. That will suit this new "WTF are they doing?!" mentality they seem to have regarding shamans. Blizzard obviously intends Resto to be the only playable spec.

Honestly I don't understand this change...I have not yet heard anyone complain that Enh shaman are a huge threat in BGs or Arenas, and on the rare case in PvE do I cast a heal on myself or others in raid...

I feel it's an unnecessary nerf to a spec that revolves around being a hybrid. If Blizzard wishes Enh/Ele to be a DPS spec and only DPS, toss our heals out and buff the DPS for the specs...Because it feels out of the hybrid classes (Druid, Paladin, Shaman, least what I consider hybrids) our OH in a DPS spec is pretty bad.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

15+ Year Old Account
    I just, meh. They don't play shaman, not a single one of the designer play shaman, i cannot see any other reason. This is literally one of the most amazing fundamental spell of enhance shaman. This is what makes us hybrid not the fucking rushed healing stream talent or the completely destroyed AG. Seriously, we already have one of the worst healing out of the hybrids, especially if you consider how much times it takes to get 5/5 and then what you lose in return for using as healing.

I wonder whats going on with druids. Better talents, more flashed out, separated specs, godlike damage and healing. I guess, i just rolled the wrong class back 10 years ago
    Time is on our side

Okay MSW cost mana now to composite can we have chain heal back? They know we won't ever use healing surge again, but please give us something else to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    I wouldn't say "no idea what he's doing" but there is definitely some communication issues between the people making shaman class changes. That he didn't even know there was a change or what it was is pretty offputting. This isn't the first time either, remember holinka defending the nerf to our PvP bonus because he didn't understand the difference in how Ret's bonus and ours worked? Or being told it was too late in the dev cycle to redoe the level 45 talents, then they scrap and redo warriors? Who ever is making the changes and why they are is not getting that message to the people talking to the player base resulting is some really disconnected statements