Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    There is no age in gaming, my guildmaster is a 62 year old female and i only recently found out, i always thought she was around my age (29)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    i am 35 years old and a gamer for more than 20 years - planning to be a one for more than that time. age is just a number as someone above already said.
    It is fine to be older and play games in your spare time. I just think most of society would deem someone as weird if they are like 40 years old and are as hardcore into gaming that they stream and go to tournaments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    I wanted opinions that's all. People play chess, poker and backgammon and enter tournaments until they die but a game like Hearthstone is all about young gamers and fanboys having fun. So even if you are the best in the world it may seem out of place to turn up at Blizzconn to prove it.
    Pretty sure there were several 35+ year old competitors at the Blizzcon pre-tournament past year, even if they didn't make it to the final 16, like Lifecoach and TheFallen. It's a small step from 35-40 year olds to 50 or 60. It's a different matter if the competitive drive and mental faculty would be there at a level to compete though. Not sure what the general age is people stop competing at a high level in Chess and such, comparable games played with the mind, and not the reflexes.

I'm closer to 40 then I am to 30 myself, and I don't see myself quitting Hearthstone just yet (nor WoW or Diablo).

Am 44, been a gamer my whole life.

Started out with board and card games from when I was a toddler, due to the fact that there was no other options to kill time indoors back then. (1 TV channel and new comics every 14 days).

On computers I played pong on a Mac back around 1980 and moved on to a Vic 20 in 1982 and then a commodore 64.

I competed in MtG nationally qualifiers semi-activly from 1996-1998 or so.

Only games where age is a hindrance are games where twitch skills are a must, like competative FPS. Usually olders gamers are more persistant, reliable and patient though. (I raided with a wow guild in classic that had a lot of people older then me so I speak from experience).

I say there's no such thing as "too old" for gaming. It's a hobby, just like anything else. If you still enjoy gaming and are still capable of gaming, you're not too old for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barracks00 View Post
    Age is irrelevant when it comes to entertainment.
    I disagree. There is definitely entertainment out there that is not intended for children. So, hardly irrelevant.

Deleted
    Lifecoach and Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler are 2 of the top viewed Hearthstone channels on Twitch, and there both if not "old" atleast middle aged.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    It is fine to be older and play games in your spare time. I just think most of society would deem someone as weird if they are like 40 years old and are as hardcore into gaming that they stream and go to tournaments.
    Just you wait 10ish years and this will be a somewat comon thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Just you wait 10ish years and this will be a somewat comon thing.
    Hearthstone tournaments replacing Chess ones eventually obviously!

Although it really can't be denied too much that the next older generation will be more inclined to gaming.

Considering it requires zero mechanics unless he got alzheimers it should work just fine.

Deleted
    Why would anyone ever be too old?

There are actually scientific studies that show that gaming can help increasing cognition and memory retention into your 70s and 80s and beyond, with retirement homes more and more having a games console available in the common room, even if it's just something like wii golf. There was a BBC article about a woman in her 80s who was really good at the GTA games!

No one is ever too old to have fun or to use their brain. As we get older our reflexes and co-ordination suffer, but when it comes to people "not having time", well.. retired people have just as much time as kids :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    You are suppose to start playing when you're 13 and stop playing when you're 28.
    damn that means in a few months i have to stop.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Enjoy games until the day you die!

Age and the typical decline in physical and mental facilities may have an issue with games requiring more active and faster paced gameplay.
    But as long as you are capable of meeting the needs of the game, then nobody should care how old you are.
    Age does not equal maturity as shown quite regularly in the WoW community.
    It does not matter how old you are, but how old you act.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    You start being too old when you start being dead.

There is no such thing as too old for activities (Well, except extreme/life-endangering ones).

10+ Year Old Account
    There's an old dude who looks like Santa that streams, he gets a fair amount of viewers.

Too old - when you're dead. And if at 68 you ponder such trivial useless questions - then you're too old. Dead inside. Defeated by life.

Achievement unlocked - walking dead. gz, now go browse coffin catalogs and don't distrub the living.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

As long as you meet the physical and mental requirements to play a game.. You are never too old. One thing to consider though, some games really take a long time to complete.. And for someone who is fairly old, sitting all day might be bad.

Ofc time too is a factor in everything when you get older(not so much after retirement), but if gaming is your passion, you probably will find time for it.

I would rather watch a grandma/pa freaking out than some random dude/chick any time of the day! It would feel alien to me since no old people that I know play games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    I would say above 30 years old is probably too old. People in their 30s and older usually have more important priorities than gaming.
    Said by someone that is not Close to 30.