Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It isn't that a 68 year old isn't able to memorize cards. It is that hopefully, at 68 he would know better.

As goes the saying : "If you're wondering whether you're too old to play rock'n'roll, you're too old to play rock'n'roll."

Works with games too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    There is no age limit on games, if your 68 and love hearthstone then more power to you, Age should have nothing to do with being a gamer, there is a twitch stream who does WoW and is in like his 70s and looks like santa! it is more common for younger people to like gaming but ites nice to see older people too.
    Theres no age limit on any hobby, theres only physical and mental limits...if your healthy and want to do something, do it.

There is no such thing as being too old for Hearthstone or any other game, imo. If people would look a bit further, they would notice that there are tons of older players in many games. Maybe in one more than in the other. For example, I know (or have known) at least about 25 players personally in my past guilds on WoW whom where around the age of 50 or older and they performed in raids just as well as any other (better) player. Just because someone only sees youngsters topping the charts and at tournaments doesn't mean that 99% of the game consists of youngsters. It's just that you usually hear less about older players. There can be several reasons for that. For example maybe because most ''older'' players currently are casual players and also don't let the world hear about them like youngsters do through Twitch etc. It's not just the case for WoW or MMOs either. I know old players who play FPS games for example as well. I think the old folks are generally just more silent than youngsters and therefore you're rarely aware of their presence. I think that somewhere within the next decades we'll see truly older players topping the charts and attending tournaments. The world of eSports is still very, very young. Check out the current generation again within a couple of decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    How old is too old to get seriously into Hearthstone? For example would it be right for a 68 year old man to get really good, memorize all the cards, stream on Twitch and turn up at Blizzconn tournaments to compete with all the spotty fanboys?

I mean I'm not 68 but I'm not in the young age bracket any more and I'm having an absolute blast with this game.
    Damn, that would be awesome. A 70+ year old taking down some ~15 year old at Blizzcon for the championship. I would wet myself laughing.
    "The more we nurture our perversions the more human we become."
    -Vendetta Red

Prudes...

I mean how old is Brian Kibler?

Gnimsh is 31 and ThatsAdmirable looks like he's at least in his 30s as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    How old is too old to get seriously into Hearthstone?
    Like the others said there is no age limit, however when you are physically incapable of performing the tasks required to play it(could very well come with old age) then you might be too old.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

We have a 68 year old raiding (mythic) in our guild in wow. Pretty confident anyone that age can play hearthstone if they wanted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Play until you aren't enjoying it, no other factor should matter.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Would it be "right?? What?!

Better question is, why would it be wrong? I really wish people would drop this mentality that "I'm too old to do this, even though I really want to". It's silly.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

7+ Year Old Account
    There's a group of videos on Youtube called Grandma Plays WOW or something like that. It even has Grandma raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    Said by someone that is not Close to 30.
    Mm, though from my own experience I have had to reduce gaming by quite a bit the older I get.. then again I used to play up to 15-16 hours a day when I was ~20, so yeah :P

The passion is still there though, and could play hours on end.. Think WoD launch I played like non-stop for quite a bit.. and it weren't till Monday when I realised I had slept like 8 hours since the launch

I'm 33 so I should really be off having a midlife crisis or going through a messy divorce or something instead of PLAYING NERDY GAMES FOR KIDS.

No really, HS is awesome at any age.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    I would say above 30 years old is probably too old. People in their 30s and older usually have more important priorities than gaming.
    Yeah, like finding time for more gaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gaming is not just for teens. Thats such an ageist perspective.

Teens that grew up when gaming was first starting are going to be life long gamers. Get used to the paradigm shift.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    We have a 68 year old raiding (mythic) in our guild in wow. Pretty confident anyone that age can play hearthstone if they wanted to.
    We have a guy in his late 60s raiding Mythic and we told him to name change his shaman to Medicare

What the hell kind of question is this?

Is there a too young to play chess?

No? Oh, then go ahead and play Hearthstone if you're 68, 6, 8, 86, 24, 22, 1, 13

Who gives a shit?

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Age is just a number. Dont let a number rule your life.
    This arguments isn't working when you're talking to a judge...

OT:
    Try it. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    You start being too old when you start being dead.

There is no such thing as too old for activities (Well, except extreme/life-endangering ones).
    Or when you are unable to keep up with the pace for health reasons, like playing a fps with hands that won't stop shaking

Edit: Doesn't apply to hearthstone at all

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    This arguments isn't working when you're talking to a judge...

OT:
    Try it. :-)
    ...if a judge told me I was too old for gaming, I would tell him he was too old to be a stupid shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    this /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    I would say above 30 years old is probably too old. People in their 30s and older usually have more important priorities than gaming.
    It is amazing as an adult I can manage those and play a game. Impressive I know.