Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Neither seem wrong to me actually. That said, it might've been better received (and I may have misread) if you came on only after you finished your project and stated something. If you were still working on said project, etc. you shouldn't be on wow worrying about loot anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Well we were joking in Gchat, but I can see why you'd make a thread on MMOc (the forum you openly mock for being "utterly shit") rather than whisper one of us Officers
    MMOC does have a swathe of shit to read through posted by trolls such as the gentleman a few posts up from you, but when you want an opinion on a WoW issue, WoW players are the best people to ask; you just have to filter out the garbage. Pleasantly, people in this thread have been enlightening. The issue appears to divide opinion and be mostly considered a grey area.

There is a reason why they don't trust you and that's the main point here. If you were a trusted raider and guild member, they wouldn't mind giving you a shot, but they assumed you were lying about being busy. I suspect you skip raids more often with shady excuses and even though you might really be working, they don't buy it anymore.

Get their trust back and you won't have these issues any more.

Well we were joking in Gchat, but I can see why you'd make a thread on MMOc (the forum you openly mock for being "utterly shit") rather than whisper one of us Officers
    To be fair, it can be rather hard to tell a joke from serious through text. I live the struggle every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Targesh View Post
    I'll go with the leecher thoughts, an honest person wouldn't come here asking for others opinions. I guess an honest guy would be talking with their guild instead or leaving it.
    I'm interested in this opinion though, what makes you think only a leecher would come here to find out people's opinions to see if he was wrong or not? I'm without a doubt one of the most reliable raiders in the guild in terms of attendance, I don't think anyone would argue that. I just wanted to know whether what I was asking really was rude or cheeky or not.

Deleted
    Would appreciate you not posting a matter you could've easily discussed with us, on a public forum, knowing full well you have a link to your Rogue in your Signature. You know where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Wait, this depends on one thing to me. Does your main actually raid with them?

If so, I'd say they're in the wrong because they should want to help a raider out. If not, it is a gray spot like said, I can't blame them for saying no, but on the flip note, they should of just stuck it at that.
    Definitely this. Gray area if you don't raid with them, otherwise, they're SUPER in the wrong here, especially if you need nothing from/have already killed the first six for the week.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I don't think ur wrong at all. You want to go and possibly help their alts for a chance to coin loot (not even roll).

now if you have never done highmaul heroic imperator or your ilvl is too low. Also i dont know ur skill level or even ur personality.

Its their right for you to ask to come and for them to deny it. Just be confortable with whatever decision they make.

For everyone to say he's freeloading to the last boss is silly because he still has to be able to down the hardest fight that exists in the raid to get loot.

if your main is one that is used for raiding and they had a spot without kicking someone that is the group then they should have let you come in, imo. If you are a social level member that doesn't raid its a bit more iffy.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    I'm interested in this opinion though, what makes you think only a leecher would come here to find out people's opinions to see if he was wrong or not? I'm without a doubt one of the most reliable raiders in the guild in terms of attendance, I don't think anyone would argue that. I just wanted to know whether what I was asking really was rude or cheeky or not.
    Sorry I didn't mean anything by this, just my way of saying this is all highly subjective.

Deleted
    Sorry I didn't mean anything by this, just my way of saying this is all highly subjective.
    Don't sweat it It was differing opinions I came here for.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Friends don't act like dicks to other friends. Guilds should be friends. It doesn't sound like the guild is your friend.
    I second that.

Have you pissed em off in the past somehow? Do they not like your personality? Just from reading your OP I think you're quite peachy, but dunno about your past with the guild. I say this because if it were my guild, we'd invite you along, we'd make jokes about you helping just on the last boss (have this friend who moves one garbage bag and claims to have helped clean the house) All that because we like you.

This other guy in my guild that people generally don't like but still tolerate, he might be given a similar answer if he tries to tag along for the last boss. Even if this guy raids mythic. Dunno just a guess...
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    You can coin as many times as u want on the same boss, as long as you have coins fyi!
    That sounds like a bug. I never heard anything that they changed it to work like that. You can certainly pass on the roll as often as you like, but to my knowledge, once you use it, it's gone for the week.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, the way you said it made it sound like you were suspecting foul play. Easy to misunderstand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think either is morally wrong, but I do think that they are being dicks. If it's an alt raid and you raid with them in the main raids then I really don't see the issue.

I have to agree w/ the grey zone idea.

I think most guilds would let you(OP) in for that kill in most cases.

But personally I really look down upon the "I just need 1 boss / CBA clearing it all / leaving after X boss is dead" mentality that many seem to have.
    (If it don't suit you to run that raid tonight, do it when it does.)

Having no saves on heroic (raid-id locks), and being able to coin same boss multiple times lays the ground for some really toxic behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Arent mains the chars that matter most for raiding guilds?

I dont get the attitude of those people here.
    he is not willing to put any effort to help their alts so wtf should they take him for last boss ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    he is not willing to put any effort to help their alts so wtf should they take him for last boss ?
    Why not? Remember, it's flexible. No one who got them to Imp is being asked to sit (presuming they're not full at 30 people). He's not asking for a loot drop that would take away from the others, he wanted a chance to coin some loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would appreciate you not posting a matter you could've easily discussed with us, on a public forum, knowing full well you have a link to your Rogue in your Signature. You know where we are.
    Too late for that, "we were joking in guild chat" so basically you were fooling around with the guy in guild chat vice just giving him a straight answer now are butthurt on the MMO-C forums..
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

The only "Wrong" thing you did was going here on MMO-C and start this. Its really so hard to grasp a chain of command? You presented your offer, you were denied. Simple as that. You could say something in a way that you are really working on project, but you instead go here and tryed to gather opinions in your favor just to prove you were "right" and the officers were "wrong"...

Seriously if you did this in my guild you would be finding a new one the second I would hear about this tread.

And as I read here, 1st thing you do if you disagree with leadership of guild you try to reason with officers/GuM, not public forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That sounds like a bug. I never heard anything that they changed it to work like that. You can certainly pass on the roll as often as you like, but to my knowledge, once you use it, it's gone for the week.
    No, it was changed a while back. You dont get loot but you can roll a coin how many times you want (and maybe get the loot)