Page 1 of 2
LastLast

There goes the neighbourhood

So a few days after the founder's pack gets advertised there's a lot more activity on these boards. Which is good, right? But also the angry jerk level is going up. Will probably eventually stabilise around the forum average.

If you've just started posting here, welcome to the HoTS subforum. When the game was in tech alpha not many people posted here so it was remarkably civil, in accordance with the Law of Fan Jackassery.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...fFanJackassery

I really enjoyed hanging out here in recent weeks, let's try to keep that positive tone going until the game goes live or at least open beta yeah?

Not saying let's not complain about anything, that's fine, but we can do that without putting on our +7 Asshat.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2015-01-25 at 07:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

well said, not sure itll work, but well said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, please. This was the most civil forum section I've been in. Let's keep it this way.

Deleted
    Yeah, I do hope the mostly friendly tone will stay, but according to what I'm seeing in-game... I doubt it will. Since the founder pack came I've had some quite nasty games where people were extremely rude for no reason at all, unfortunately this will start to translate to the forums in a while as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Yeah, I do hope the mostly friendly tone will stay, but according to what I'm seeing in-game... I doubt it will. Since the founder pack came I've had some quite nasty games where people were extremely rude for no reason at all, unfortunately this will start to translate to the forums in a while as well.
    yeah me too, i've seen people who are level 10 or so and are just flaming at everyone for no reason when they dont even know what they are doing themselves, its annoying to say the least
    게임 은 어렵~~

Met a guy the other day who had bought Chen and one of the Luxoria bundles. He had no idea what a health globe was.

Deleted
    Just keep being helpful and report posts and I should be able to keep the forum at a decent level.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Met a guy the other day who had bought Chen and one of the Luxoria bundles. He had no idea what a health globe was.
    I had a guy who tried to point out to me what a health globe was...the thing is I played with him many times and already known what they were. Pretty patronizing bastard.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan pushing top alone while we team fight at ship. No creeps in sight. Tanks the damn tower and dies with 11 coins. "Stupid noobs, where's my support"

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Illidan pushing top alone while we team fight at ship. No creeps in sight. Tanks the damn tower and dies with 11 coins. "Stupid noobs, where's my support"
    Ping left and mid packs in haunted mines (the 5 and 6 pack), three others run to the right to the some other pack. One continues to lane.
    Next mines two stay out and lane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Every.Dam.Pirate.Game. There is either a Illidan or Arthas with 10 to 17 coins and refuses for the love of fuck to hand them in or play reserved. They will rush the fuck out of towers, try 1 vs 3 people anything to get more coins and not hand them in. You end up following him around like a mad man desperately trying to keep them alive while you spam the living shit out of the map ping on the pirate.

God forbid he dies, you either get endless rage or their team wins the lottery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    Every.Dam.Pirate.Game. There is either a Illidan or Arthas with 10 to 17 coins and refuses for the love of fuck to hand them in or play reserved. They will rush the fuck out of towers, try 1 vs 3 people anything to get more coins and not hand them in. You end up following him around like a mad man desperately trying to keep them alive while you spam the living shit out of the map ping on the pirate.

Hahahahaha always Arthas.. That frozen douche

Oh I don't know, sometimes you get lucky and he gets killed by creeps and you can pick them all up yourself...hi to you 23 coin haul last game

15+ Year Old Account

Honestly for me, I want to turn them in but I am not going by my self, and the team is always god knows doing something else refusing to help turn in coins. My turn them in and risk that chance?

On co-ops I have fun and just try to see how many coins I can rack up. :].
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

It's frustrating, for sure. I noticed my first few games, I wasn't going to like HotS. I went to level 10 and haven't played since.

Dare, I say, the game is TOO objective based and pushing is pointless without the objectives. Pushing and objectives need to be equal if this game is going to succeed. It needs to be explicitly stated that objectives > pushing in the game. The tutorial never gives that impression. Other MOBAs it's all about pushing AND objectives. Breaking from the norm without stating so, is what is going to drag this game from being great.

There are some clear cut problems, and I might pick the game back up in a year. After some tuning and patches, but for right now this game isn't for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

I thought last free hero rotation was bad, but this one takes the cake. The amount of AA spec Tychuses, D spec Arthases, and WTF spec Kerrigans is unbelievable.

Edit: forgot about the gargantuan Nazeebos.
    Last edited by Lesane; 2015-01-28 at 06:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    It's frustrating, for sure. I noticed my first few games, I wasn't going to like HotS. I went to level 10 and haven't played since.

Dare, I say, the game is TOO objective based and pushing is pointless without the objectives. Pushing and objectives need to be equal if this game is going to succeed. It needs to be explicitly stated that objectives > pushing in the game. The tutorial never gives that impression. Other MOBAs it's all about pushing AND objectives. Breaking from the norm without stating so, is what is going to drag this game from being great.

There are some clear cut problems, and I might pick the game back up in a year. After some tuning and patches, but for right now this game isn't for me.
    It is better...for some heroes. Like Azmodan can ignore objectives all he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I thought last free hero rotation was bad, but this one takes the cake. The amount of AA spec Tychuses, D spec Arthases, and WTF spec Kerrigans is unbelievable.
    I play hero league mostly, so I am not realty influenced by the rotation any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen far more griefing and afk since the founders pack was released than I had early on in the Alpha. Quite annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the people who try to tell you how to play the game when they themselves clearly have no idea what they are talking about. You can kinda tell the people who have been around since basically day 1 vs the people who have just started. They call certain heroes OP because they just don;t know how to counter them yet and call others weak because they have;t seen someone be good with them. I saw a guy flaming Abathur once for not going outside the walls and I just had to laugh lol

I'm hoping the community doesn't become toxic but that is wishful thinking. So far my experience overall has been very positive with a few flamers but nowhere near other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    Oh I don't know, sometimes you get lucky and he gets killed by creeps and you can pick them all up yourself...hi to you 23 coin haul last game
    I may recall "accidentally" letting one die to grab all his coins for immediate handin...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.