Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So my follower hit epic...

and this happened

http://i.imgur.com/s4a7Nk2.jpg

is this supposed to be able to happen? like oh well bad luck? or is there supposed to be something in place to keep your follower from learning the same counter twice..?

It can be useful sometimes. You can always reroll the follower if you're feeling lucky. But yes, it happens sometimes.

Deleted
    Inn follower, right? Since their abilities are rolled randomly I guess it's a bug. Submit it as a bug report and reroll his abilities when you get the retraining item. Or wait untill 6.1 where a cheap alternative becomes available =)

all traits and abilities are totally random, so yes, it can happen. It could be beneficial in some situations though.

Deleted
    Oh, just realized that I'm actualy jealous! Was setting up missions and had 2 that required double Timed Battle.. Now I want your follower! =P

its not a bug, double timed is intended on warlock and is useful for some missions.

there is many rare combos that require certain class like for example brewmaster monk is the only one that can learn massive strike+group heal.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Happened to me a hell of a lot of times with Aeda Brightdawn =/

oh well, thanks for the replies. typical mizzy bobble..

somehow it is still usefull if you get a mission with a party of 3 and you have 3 bosses in which two have, counter timed battle.. but that is pretty rare. best you can do reroll ability..

Deleted
    There's a highmaul raid mission which requires 2x timed battle.

Furthermore there's a blackrock foundry raid mission which requires 2x magic debuff and 2x minion swarms, so having followers with the same counter twice (it's still different abilities on your warlock follower there) can have its uses.

Could be worse...

Happened to me too, apparently its a holdover from an early iteration of the system when Timed Battle used to be split into 2 separate counters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Could be worse...
    You'd still benefit from it for the Legendary item missions which are 7+ hours even with one Epic Mount. That being said, that's still a pretty terrible combo.

Could be worse...

Jealous of your ability balance, Ive gotten really unlucky.

I used the 1 ability reroll on PTR, was hoping to reroll a Timed, because I had 7, but now I got 8 ,_,

Deleted
    Could be worse...

whats the addon that lists all your follower abilities?

Looks like Master Plan. Great addon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    and this happened

http://i.imgur.com/s4a7Nk2.jpg

is this supposed to be able to happen? like oh well bad luck? or is there supposed to be something in place to keep your follower from learning the same counter twice..?
    I actually got that follower as epic when I first got her on my main with those same traits, I was pissed at first but it's actually come in very hand

My Alexi hit Epic the other day. He's got Epic Mount and High Stamina. I don't know whether that's better or worse.
    Edit: Aw somebody got there before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Cast by a warlock pretending to be a demon hunter" haha.
    Prof. Felblast ended up with both timed battle counters but I don't wanna reroll yet because she also has scavenger. Gotta wait till 6.1 for the item to reroll only abilities.