Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm totally okay with this, I want to see them in a tournament setting. It's obviously beatable if they are only getting 2600.

So..what's wrong about this comp doing well? They obviously know how to play and coordinate...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword View Post
    Certainly not the best but still nowhere near as bad as the beginning of MoP when you were instagibbed by either Stampede or a Warrior with 5 stack TFB, also plenty of triple Hunter at the beginning of MoP.
    True, it's far worse. The only reason to defend it at all is because this time around the class you're playing is strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neehs View Post
    So..what's wrong about this comp doing well? They obviously know how to play and coordinate...
    Thats like saying "whats wrong with triple dps with pve gear doing well?" or "Whats wrong with triple healer and making people leave doing well?"

Competetive pvp should not be about stacking all the same "Type" of class.
    You're a towel.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prime example of the MMO champion community.
    - It's only 2600.
    - Since they're only 2600 it means they're losing.

Hahaha. Only. Everyone here is elitist, pro and champion. Best looks, sex everyday, 10/10 and is rich. Oh the internet..

Ok that's pretty cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Thats like saying "whats wrong with triple dps with pve gear doing well?" or "Whats wrong with triple healer and making people leave doing well?"

Competetive pvp should not be about stacking all the same "Type" of class.
    Well, I'd agree with this if the ladder was all 3 tank/3 healer comps, but it's not - this is one video of three guys doing well. There are way more prevalent comps out there which are destroying everything in sight with ease, and doing it a lot faster than that vid. When everyone starts running 3 tank comps - that's an issue.

3DPS and even 4/5DPS comps have been rampant in the past. I do agree that it shouldn't be the design goal to say 'you play X spec therefore you cannot join pvp', in fact they have been making big strides to move away from that concept since wrath. Which I see as a good thing.

I personally didn't think that the video was really disturbing, and I'm not trying to comment on whether that comp is something to be looked at, I'm just saying that one vid isn't much to go on and it's not as if every team on the ladder is running 3 tank [which they would be if it was way better than the other available comps].

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even mad. That's what I commented on the video itself. Can't even be mad when blizzard doesn't even give a damn about PvP. The result is stuff like this. Hope they continue playing the comp just to make people rage and have them complain about it on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword View Post
    Certainly not the best but still nowhere near as bad as the beginning of MoP when you were instagibbed by either Stampede or a Warrior with 5 stack TFB, also plenty of triple Hunter at the beginning of MoP.
    And yet mop sure as hell didn't have a triple dk team above 2600 with backpeddadling and keyboard turning players on it. The only other time we've had that ridiculous a team was s5. So in some ways, this season is so SO much worse than mop and Cata seasons it's comparable to the worst arena season in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

So some really good players are showing a possible combination and people are getting their panties in a wad over this? Tanks are supposed to be hard to kill, thats the point of a tank. We do less damage and have small heals. I dont see the issue here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmouser View Post
    So some really good players are showing a possible combination and people are getting their panties in a wad over this? Tanks are supposed to be hard to kill, thats the point of a tank. We do less damage and have small heals. I dont see the issue here.
    "Do less damage and have small heals" my ass. Had you bothered looking at the video you'd see they were all doing consistently 7k+ DPS. The DK and one of the BrM monks were both doing 8k+ DPS across the second arena game. Plus there was a moment where one of the monks rolled away and basically topped itself off.

Tanks should not ever be viable, or rather a better option above a DPS spec, in arena.

Why exactly is this a problem? They are presumably still losing to DPS/DPS/healer teams. There isn't a glut of triple tank teams in the top 100.

Why does it matter if there are occasionally comps like this that do well? Why do so many people think the only acceptable 3's composition is DPS/DPS/healer? Or more specifically, caster/caster/healer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulvye View Post
    Why exactly is this a problem? They are presumably still losing to DPS/DPS/healer teams. There isn't a glut of triple tank teams in the top 100.

Why does it matter if there are occasionally comps like this that do well? Why do so many people think the only acceptable 3's composition is DPS/DPS/healer? Or more specifically, caster/caster/healer?
    They are presumably losing to them? there is video evidence of them beating them, and threads about it on official forums.. they are winning games at 2600+ mmr, as triple tank.

That is NOT good for a supposedly competetive pvp bracket.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote from one of the people running it, on arenajunkies:

"Volta is a god and i don't want to let him down so I said sure and sacrificed my hard earned 2.5CR to the lord. It turned out the comp was surprisingly effective. I look forwards to purging the resto druids and RMD scum for the ladder "
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.twitch.tv/volkovitch/b/615889062

VoD of their latest playsession
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/volkovitch/b/615889062

VoD of their latest playsession
    Can I be a lazy bitch and get a TLW? It's an hour and a half video, were they wrecking? Fair winrate?

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Prime example of the MMO champion community.
    - It's only 2600.
    - Since they're only 2600 it means they're losing.

Hahaha. Only. Everyone here is elitist, pro and champion. Best looks, sex everyday, 10/10 and is rich. Oh the internet..
    You could learn to read and realize they're good players and might have peak with that comp at 2.6k. Those people are right the sky isn't falling but it is still pretty stupid. They also might want to try and use logic rather then the classes/specs I don't like is getting rating please nerf. If this becomes a rampant problem nerf but if not stop overreacting.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2015-01-25 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Can I be a lazy bitch and get a TLW? It's an hour and a half video, were they wrecking? Fair winrate?
    They were losing to teams that went on the dk and dispelled the shield mostly from what I saw (Kind of fast forwarded/skipped through a lot of it though)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vladiswaifu View Post
    You could learn to read and realize they're good players and might only have been able to reach 2.6k as that comp. Those people are right the sky isn't falling but it is still pretty stupid. They also might want to try and use logic rather then the classes/specs I don't like are getting rating please nerf. If this becomes a rampant problem nerf but if not stop overreacting.
    Do you think triple dps should be viable? And triple healer?

- - - Updated - - -

This comp seemed to destroy warriors. Weird.

- - - Updated - - -

CC hurt them to, with no dispels.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    They were losing to teams that went on the dk and dispelled the shield mostly from what I saw (Kind of fast forwarded/skipped through a lot of it though)

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think triple dps should be viable? And triple healer?

- - - Updated - - -

This comp seemed to destroy warriors. Weird.
    They have been viable before and other comps have still reach high ratings regardless of that. I have no problem with triple dps working as long as it not as brainless as ret/rogue/hunter back in season 11. Triple healer has been op once and I didn't play pvp that season so I can't comment but as long its not brain dead cheese. I really don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it seemed like one of the biggest issues was the disorient on breath of fire, other then the damage they could do+asinine survivablity/healing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vladiswaifu View Post
    They have been viable before and people have still got high rated regardless. I have no problem with triple dps working as long as it not as brainless as ret/rogue/hunter back in season 11.
    So you would be fine with triple healer winning games as well then, right? Considering every game would go to time cap? :P Imagine if they could do damage as well and could win games against 2600 teams. How ridiculous does that sound?

3v3 is supposed to be the "real" bracket, not bullshit like triple X.

- - - Updated - - -

And by the way, these players are clearly good regardless. However, tanks are ridiculous in pvp if they can have three of them survive deep into dampening to win with no healer.

At least with triple dps the matches were over fast, win or loss...this is just stupid to watch ten minute games against healer/dps/dps.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Well, they wanted Tanks to be more viable in PvP. So my guess is that this kind of stuff is intended to some extend.