Poll: What would you think of cash-mount variations in-game?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I am kinda old so I think everything should be attainable via in game means.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Already have too many lazy recolor mounts, don't need any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    More free mounts in the game?

Sure.

Don't think it will stop the store threads though.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    50/50 on the topic honestly.

Deleted
    I'm against the shop no matter what they'll change but this would be a good compromise.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    More free mounts in the game?

Sure.

No doubt. I too wouldn't mind more free mounts. When you think about it it's crazy the amount of free stuff in the game between the quests, raids, and mounts. Yet the player base continues to beg for more, you have to expect them to charge for content at least some of the time. And if the store helps them subsidize more free content in the game then all the better!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    No doubt. I too wouldn't mind more free mounts. When you think about it it's crazy the amount of free stuff in the game between the quests, raids, and mounts. Yet the player base continues to beg for more, you have to expect them to charge for content at least some of the time. And if the store helps them subsidize more free content in the game then all the better!
    I honestly have no idea if you are trolling or not with your last few posts..

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saga1234 View Post
    I honestly have no idea if you are trolling or not with your last few posts..
    Ah sorry I'm not great with English so I could understand if my posts get misinterpreted. Basically my feeling is that people expect too much from Blizzard without realizing just how much work they already put into this game (not to mention all their other properties).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    They should just make it so you can sell shop mounts for gold, that way people can acquire them through the AH.
    They tried that with the guardian cub.

Even though absolutely nothing bad happened, people got their panties in a knot over the ability to "sell gold" and so on.

At any rate... a lot of "store mount" things get used as NPCs (Most notably the bats.)

I think people misunderstand Blizzard's aims when designing store mounts... they're made to be in the store. Not anywhere else. So it's not like they relegated otherwise in-game mounts to store mount status.

That being said, I wouldn't mind Rylak mounts and other such mounts without all the "festooning." In fact, I'd much prefer a Rylak mount without the weird-ass jet propulsion things strapped to its ass.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2015-02-07 at 10:15 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they ever put a swift zulian tiger lookalike (And I'm not counting the spectral ones, they don't look at all similar to me) that is just slightly different I would be pissed. My special snowflake syndrome would never allow that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Microtransactions are a cancerous tumor that grants 1% of the afflicted games superpowers while serving as little more than to make the rest uglier.

WoW is in the latter category. I don't think anyone ever -asked- for this and to this day most people I meet who buy out the store are exactly the kind of person I want to dissociate with. Exceptions apply of course but they're a vast minority!
    The wow ones don't give any real advantage to actual gameplay :P
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Of course it would not. They probably could add the exact same mounts as (rare) drops and people would still complain about the option to buy them.

Sounds like a good concept at first, but I think people might actually feel WoW is more p2w (:P) if the exact same item is present in the shop as in-game. Maybe keeping them separate creates a certain distance between what the game it self is, and what the shop is for.
    Mother pus bucket!