Poll: Which Spec Deserves a Revamp?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    33/28/0
    good talk come again
    Yeah, you weren't getting far in raiding without CoH though. Then again, even SL/SL locks and Feral Charge druids were taken to 3/4 TK when most people were doing SWP. The badge gear that came with the Shattered Sun Offensive was that good compared with what non-raiders normally shacked up with.

Disc was beyond okay for PvP. It was right up there with druids in terms of viable healers.

And now you have made me nostalgic for talent trees despite how awful I know them to be! Damn! ^_^
    Last edited by mmocbb91367365; 2015-01-27 at 04:07 PM.

@Aimeez: Concerning partial absorbs:

So I don't think we will get much further with this discussion as we have both heard most arguments by both sides before... You think it would take too much to make it work, while I think it would be worth it in the long run and the earlier they start working on it the better. There were similar problems with block in the past and it turned out for the better in the end (full blocks were nice while they lasted for those who had them though).
    I think we have just keep it like this since there is no way to resolve this point between the two of us.

Concerning keeping health pools not-full for longer: It is somewhat mathematically obvious (froma certain point of view, I'll give you that) why their attempts could not and cannot work the way they try. They would have to introduce some mechanic that favors half full (or three quaters, whatever, that would be tuning) healthpools. Something that makes it easier to heal up to that chosen point but harder to get any further. Health levels would naturally stay near that point but you could still push with better gear and make damage less threatening - better healer gear would increase the health pools of the raid, kind of like giving them stamina or shielding. The downside would be that there would always be something to heal - aoe-heal even and healing meters would be even more useless and missleading to the uninformed than they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Concerning keeping health pools not-full for longer: It is somewhat mathematically obvious (froma certain point of view, I'll give you that) why their attempts could not and cannot work the way they try. They would have to introduce some mechanic that favors half full (or three quaters, whatever, that would be tuning) healthpools. Something that makes it easier to heal up to that chosen point but harder to get any further. Health levels would naturally stay near that point but you could still push with better gear and make damage less threatening - better healer gear would increase the health pools of the raid, kind of like giving them stamina or shielding. The downside would be that there would always be something to heal - aoe-heal even and healing meters would be even more useless and missleading to the uninformed than they are now.
    Innate shaman mastery for everyone? I wouldn't be against it. Holy had this in a talent that I really really liked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    33/28/0
    good talk come again
    What exactly were you putting 33 points into Disc for? You only had to go down far enough to get imp DS, and then put the rest in Holy. Nowhere near 33 points required in Disc.

Deleted
    I voted Other since a vital part of my Disc redesign would involve getting rid of PoH which is also part of Holy. I still believe spamming PWS and Renew (or Rejuv) is far more fun than spamming PoH. Regardless, the main thing of the redesign would be making almost all absorbs from Discipline as optional, at the expense of throughput healing. Including PWS spam. I would even go so far as considering SS, CoW, and PWS on the same tier.

Apart from PoH, I don't see much wrong with Holy. The main problem of Holy, besides PoH, was Chakra and Disc. Chakra is fixed, Disc isn't.

There isn't much wrong with Shadow right now either, the redesign is excellent. MB CD scaling with haste, PI useful, CoP & dotweaving, DP with SI/SoD, SoD buffed, Mindbender buffed, Insanity as player buff. All good. Hopefully the L90 talents are now more in line, but that is mainly tuning. Only thing is maybe VEnt but we should see it in action first (tuning can fix it, despite it being an unpopular mechanic). AS is gonna be a scaling nightmare but as a talent its fun and besides we gotta see it in action first.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    I voted Other since a vital part of my Disc redesign would involve getting rid of PoH which is also part of Holy. I still believe spamming PWS and Renew (or Rejuv) is far more fun than spamming PoH. Regardless, the main thing of the redesign would be making almost all absorbs from Discipline as optional, at the expense of throughput healing. Including PWS spam. I would even go so far as considering SS, CoW, and PWS on the same tier.
    I don't have a problem with brainless play styles, but when brainless because that powerful I get annoyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow. It's terribly unfun and changing Shadow Orbs into a full fledged Secondary Resource was a terrible idea. Not to mention, it's pretty much the most boring spec in the game. I miss Mind Blast being a nuke, melting face with Mind Flay, doing actual damage with DoTs that weren't DP, and managing my mana efficiently. Now it's all about orbs and DP.

Deleted
    Being forced to play a disc priest made me lose my motivation to raid. If I wanted to play Diablo and mindlessly press 2-4 buttons, I would play Diablo.

Disc

#redesignshields

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by appro View Post
    I don't have a problem with brainless play styles, but when brainless because that powerful I get annoyed.
    You still need to take into account priority targets and fight mechanics. If you find that all brainless, then Atonement oh wait whirlwind inc gonna do SS was also brainless. Spamming PoH in 5.0 with SS as throughput CD was also brainless. The only challenging part of PoH is making sure it hits max targets, for that your raid needs some discipline (PuG won't have that, and neither will the groups be efficiently set). An addon does the work for you. There is nothing fun or challenging about PoH. If it were more mana efficient than Renew/PWS it'd even be more brainless than spamming that because the amount of targets for PoH is less (1 per 5 players; on Mythic that means 4 targets).

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    Shadow. It's terribly unfun and changing Shadow Orbs into a full fledged Secondary Resource was a terrible idea. Not to mention, it's pretty much the most boring spec in the game. I miss Mind Blast being a nuke, melting face with Mind Flay, doing actual damage with DoTs that weren't DP, and managing my mana efficiently. Now it's all about orbs and DP.
    Spamming DP on the move actually gave us decent movement DPS. I do hope for you you rerolled.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Spamming DP on the move actually gave us decent movement DPS. I do hope for you you rerolled.
    That was the best way to level up as shadow. Drop Vamp Embrace and then spam DP. But yeah I'm not a huge fan of the current state of shadow either. It's all about throwing in as many Mind Blasts in as little time as possible.