Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Can we possibly not argue about TB again just because someone posted a video of his, the topic is about Grey Goo and it would be a real shame for people to stop reading about or discussing the game because the thread has turned into another opinion on totalbiscuit battle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    That stupid Twat called TB should keep producing the quality I demand and even if he says he has no time, then he should just work late, because I demand better quality and far more content and if he doesn't he's a DICK, A DICK I TELL YOU.

That's what Houyi said, freely translated. If that's not arrogance, what is?
    People who haven't seen true suffering can't possibly comprehend it. Just ignore that ignorant piece of shit. And honestly, it's that people stand up for him even though people are blaming you for "white knighting." As an ex WoW-player there is that possibility that he might actually follow these forums and if that's the case it's good to see that not everyone here is a retard like that guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're right, he might not want me to. But he might not have lost his father to cancer and almost lost his mother to cancer like I did. And see the poor quality of their lives during that period.

Your arrogance is appalling.

More on-topic; SteamDL as we speak, so I'll have more of an informed opinion soon
    Coming from someone that have lost family to cancer myself, I don't think he was arrogant against people with cancer, but more expressing a dislike for the kind of content the man creates and a dislike for TB as a person unrelated to him having cancer. Having cancer doesn't change the way your personality works, that is something that is pretty much imprinted on you at a grown age regardless.
    Just gets me that its the signature faction, the most interesting one, and different one, the one the game is named after and the main protagonist as it were.....and he does not cover it. Odd decision.
    Fair point but then again its not like there's a shortage of footage of gameplay covering that on youtube anyway.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He has cancer. Now, grab a mirror and look at the face that managed to produce this jealous nonsense.
    Heisenberg had cancer, but his product was the purest on the market.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Or gtfo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Just gets me that its the signature faction, the most interesting one, and different one, the one the game is named after and the main protagonist as it were.....and he does not cover it. Odd decision.
    Its not the most interesting one..they are extremely boring to play as :P
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Westwood?! Please make Nox 2!
    This is exactly what i though when i clicked on this thread.
    Nox was one of the best dungeon crawlers since D2's pinnacle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    I thought that video useless, does not even show the goo faction which is the most unique bit of the game and what its named after.

TB used to put out decent vids, lately he puts out very few and they are not of the quality I'd expect, they seam rushed, probably taking too much time from him being a keyboard warrior and stoking up drama on twitter and youtube. The man's ego has blown up to massive proportions and he has started to believe his own PR, never a good sign. Have you see the loltastic figurines he is having made, you can get for a monthly sub.....and the bloke likes to pretend he is the saviour of the consumer.....

Anyway, wish he'd get back to doing what he used to do well.

-

Game looks good, a more traditional strategy game with not so much requirement to micro (which is what is putting me of SC legacy fo the void, from what they have released about it), and the factions seam quite distinct and interesting. Setting looks nice, and controls look polished. I think I'll grab a copy and give it a go.
    TB has cancer, that's why his content is not up to par lately or as frequent.

On one hand, I'm really glad to see micro-light strategy games being released, particularly because micromanagement-heavy games are what made me vow never to buy an RTS again. On the other hand, well... I'll be honest with you: Red Alert 2, this game ain't. I get what they were trying to do, and the soundtrack is great (Klepacki rarely fails to deliver), but I feel it's lacking in personality. There's very little "We will bury them!" or "Mean, green, unseen!" to spice things up compared to the Westwood classics. So while the gameplay is nice, the game doesn't really have a whole lot of grip.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    That stupid Twat called TB should keep producing the quality I demand and even if he says he has no time, then he should just work late, because I demand better quality and far more content and if he doesn't he's a DICK, A DICK I TELL YOU.

That's what Houyi said, freely translated. If that's not arrogance, what is?
    You're making things up that nobody has said or demanded. You're flat out lying. You're being very juvenile

I'm glad to see it. Lee Westwood was a dominant name after Tiger had his extra-marital issues, and then sort of fell off the chart.
    Would be nice to see him win a few this year, maybe even the Masters?

Its good for the UK to have him succeed, frankly.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Man... people should know better than to link any videos by TB on this forum. The QQ arrives quickly. And God forbid a man is going through chemo so can't make as many or as high quality videos as he used to do. Gotta keep making those free videos for the people! I don't even need to "white knight" to know people on this forum are just assholes.

Besides, you can watch him play as the Goo here.

As someone that isn't really a massive RTS player any more, I've actually been having a lot of fun with this. It's very nicely put together. Not a fan of the Goo though, kinda boring, tbh.
    Doesn't change the fact that the video is bad.

Terrible game title. They really couldn't come up with a better name?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Terrible game title. They really couldn't come up with a better name?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_goo
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    On one hand, I'm really glad to see micro-light strategy games being released, particularly because micromanagement-heavy games are what made me vow never to buy an RTS again. On the other hand, well... I'll be honest with you: Red Alert 2, this game ain't. I get what they were trying to do, and the soundtrack is great (Klepacki rarely fails to deliver), but I feel it's lacking in personality. There's very little "We will bury them!" or "Mean, green, unseen!" to spice things up compared to the Westwood classics. So while the gameplay is nice, the game doesn't really have a whole lot of grip.
    Well the voice from old game that tell you what is happening still exists. Units are lacking a little yeah, but i realy like you can hide them into forest.

Better than starcraft thats for sure. What i find it interesting that humans are this time advanced and the other race is not.

Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I know the origin. The name is terrible to market an RTS.

Yet the name perfectly sums up what the game is about.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone's got a diiiirty miiind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Call it then G&G. Maybe they couldnt due to a trademark.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Yet the name perfectly sums up what the game is about.
    Had this thread not been here though, I would've blindly skipped it in the Steam shortlist, so yeah Fencers has a point. A name can reflect a title and still be cool