Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Garrison Highmaul missions can EAT IT

I set up for 100%, I have race support... I STILL FAIL the mission. bye bye possible heroic item. blizzard REALLY needs to fix that.. if I am 100%, and have bonus exp (a sign that I am over the needed requirements) I shouldn't be subject to failure.. especially given the exclusivity of the follower combination it requires to GET THERE.. and the rarity of the missions.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    100% cannot fail. Whatever you had, it wasn't 100%.

Also, bonus EXP only gives bonus EXP, nothing more.

Deleted
    I have never had a mission fail at 100%.

did you use a follower with an item level below what the mission required?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have lost two now over 90%-could not get to 100% with my followers. Pretty sure its like a "If you don't have 100%, you have a 90% chance of failing despite what the number says. Good luck!" type thing.

You get bonus EXP for what your followers have, not from being over 100%.One of your guys has the hearthstone pro trait, or the other exp one.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    I wonder if they round 99.5% and higher to 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    They do afaik (explains it anyway) - 100% missions can fail
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    100% missions never fail. Ever. Please stop it with these useless exaggerations.
    I've had 99% failures myself, I guess that 1% chance to fail counts though. I've never had any Highmaul missions fail to be honest, and they were all 80% +, with the exception of the mythic one I got last night that I could only get to 79%. Still succeeded though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    I set up for 100%, I have race support... I STILL FAIL the mission. bye bye possible heroic item. blizzard REALLY needs to fix that.. if I am 100%, and have bonus exp (a sign that I am over the needed requirements) I shouldn't be subject to failure.. especially given the exclusivity of the follower combination it requires to GET THERE.. and the rarity of the missions.
    Uhm, yeah you should. Just because they're rare and "hard" to get, doesn't mean you should automatically beat them.
    Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    They do afaik (explains it anyway) - 100% missions can fail
    They do indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the first I hear of 100% missions being able to fail. I'll never feel safe again. :<

They round down, 100% means 100% and it can't fail.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    100% cannot fail. Whatever you had, it wasn't 100%.

Also, bonus EXP only gives bonus EXP, nothing more.
    He means the bonus exp you get when you basically exceeds 100% of the requirements for the mission, he wasn't 99.5% but over 100%

Then again, never had 100% missions fail. Not sure what to take from it
    But a friend of mine said he had highmaul mission fail and 3 days later it popped back up again. So I guess the cd for the missions are reduced heavily should you fail

Confirmation Bias: The Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    They round down, 100% means 100% and it can't fail.
    They round down if the chance is below .5%, and they round up if it's above .5% - pretty simple really. 99.4%? It'll show as 99%. 99.5%? It'll show as 100% (and is likely what OP somehow managed to get, and thus he was that 1 out of 200 people that failed).

I guess I shouldn't brag about my alt who got her first one complete at 59% last night, then. I have NEVER seen a mission at 100% fail. I have had 99% missions fail and had 28% missions succeed (my best so far). Without proof, I suspect that OP either was confused about what the percentage was or just wanted to complain.

If you have a follower with the dance trait, i think that's what is causing these missions to fail. It's a bug.

Deleted
    100% missions can fail as it can round up from 99.6%. This was confirmed by a Blue the other day there. If i find the source I shll post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Some of my Highmaul missions have been cruel.

Failed two of them that were 90% or greater. Two of them that succeeded both gave me the same ring, a ring which I had already got as a drop.
    Yeah, its pretty ridiculous, I have had two fail over 90% as well. One was 92 and one was 94 iirc.
    You're a towel.

Unless there is a blue post confirming this or it happens to me I don't believe it. That of course does not mean it's not true, but I have 14 alts at 100 and all with a full garrison, and it never happend to me.
    And the more people claim it happened to them the less believeable it gets to me because the circumstance that you need to hit a success probability between 99.5 and 100% and additionally the "luck" to fail at 0.5%-x makes it very unlikely to happen to so much people.

That's because to win you need 110%.