Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I think this forum has a strong bias towards single player or RPG style players who care a lot about story and campaign modes (myself included). Probably because that's the kind of gamer Blizzard has mostly attracted in the past. It's not a bad thing for them to go in a different direction with OW.

That said, I feel like there's glimpses of an interesting story or at least backdrop in the OW cinematic and I hope we see more of that, even if it isn't a true story mode. At Blizzcon they said they'd love to do it and though it isn't a main focus of the game they're looking at ways to do so.

I just hope that it's in-game rather than in spinoff novels. Not a fan of that method of storytelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Why should I? Just because Blizzard said so? Where's the story where they do something interesting and make me interested in them? We're just supposed to skip all that now and just play in some random maps with random nobodies who have zero weight with me? I understand there's a big enough market for that kind of dreck nowadays which is sad, so I guess as predictable as Blizzard is, they just go for the easy money. But I have to believe World of Warcraft was a $10 billion franchise because they laid out the groundwork that made us fall in love with the world and the characters.

By skipping all that hard work - they are just looking for easy money by telling us the characters are cool "trust us, it's awesome" and I'm not buying it.
    and we basically had to play the game to fall in love with the world and characters, didn't we? Tell me, what exactly made you fall in love with your wow character before ever playing WoW?