Deleted

Sear Magic not working EXCEPT when autocast - anyone else seeing this issue?

On my Warlock I am seeing the following issue the spell "Sear Magic" on the Fel Imp (the improved Imp) is not castable EXCEPT when I have it set for the imp to autocast it. So if I target me or a friendly target and click the action bar - nothing. If I macro it - nothing (and no ui errors either). I've done quite a bit of testing of this in duels with my friend. Note my equivalent macros for "Singe Magic" the basic Imp work fine.

FYI the macros I am using are:
    (to dispel me)
    #showtooltip
    /cast [pet:Fel Imp,mod:shift,target=player] Sear Magic
    /cast [nomod,spec:1] Agony
    /cast [mod:shift,spec:2] Imp Swarm
    /cast [nomod,spec:2] Carrion Swarm

(to dispel someone I target);
    #showtooltip
    /cast [pet:Voidlord] Void Shield
    /cast [pet:Observer,target=focus] Optical Blast
    /cast [pet:Terrorguard,target=focus] Shadow lock
    /cast [pet:Fel Imp] Sear Magic
    /cast [pet:Shivarra,target=focus] Mesmerize

Note on both macros the tooltip correctly picks up the Sear Magic icon suggesting no typos or anything. And as noted above the equivalent basic Imp macros for "Singe Magic" work fine.

Note I have also tried logging out and in, exit game and go back in , reload ui - no change.

Any help appreciated I have raised it as a bug but just in case someone has a solution and just to check I am not missing something. Thanks.

Deleted
    Sear magic has been bugged and not working since prepatch or something.
    Its still not fixed.....
    So vs them hunters you will have to stay with petsac, sht happens.

Btw this also gives you the problem that dispel with pet out is singe magic,
    and with pet sacced its command demon, just because blizz likes to mess with you.
    Anyway this is the macro that I use, it works for both with pet out and with pet sacced
    (all is does is dispel target without modifier and dispel yourself with shift modifier)

/cast [nopet, mod:shift, @player] Command demon;[nopet, nomod,@target] Command demon
    /cast [pet:Imp, mod:shift, @player] Singe Magic;[pet:Imp, nomod,@target] Singe Magic

for 3s I would recommend going with a slightly adjusted version of that,
    one with a third option (control modifier) so you can dispel
    1) your healer (nomod)
    2) yourself (shift)
    3) your other dps (control)

3s macro:
    /cast [nopet, mod:shift, @player] Command demon;[nopet, mod:ctrl, @NAMEOFOTHERDPS] Command demon;[nopet, nomod,@NAMEOFHEALER] Command demon
    /cast [pet:Imp, mod:shift, @player] Singe Magic;[pet:Imp, mod:ctrl, @NAMEOFOTHERDPS] Singe Magic;[pet:Imp, nomod,@NAMEOFHEALER] Singe Magic

final note:

There is one small glitch in this macro that I cba to lookup a fix,
    when you do the same with felhunter and silence then you can start the arena with
    your pet out, silence someone, sac the pet and instantly silence again. (think all locks know this)

But because this retard pet has a different command demon ability for sacced/nonsacced this doesnt work.
    So for instance if you start with pet out and dispel a hoj but your healer gets trapped anyway,
    then you cant sac it for another instant dispel, the reason of this glitch is that the macro thinks
    your pet is still alive (because when you sac it then your pet's corpse still appears on your screen for 10sec)
    and therefore it tries to cast command demon instead of singe magic....
    So ye if anyone has a fix for this tell me
    The reverse does work ofc, meaning that when you have it sacced and dispel, you can resum pet
    (or soulburn resum) and instantly dispel again.

I hope this helps you out bro. Good luck
    Last edited by mmocaa8ea6144f; 2015-01-26 at 02:56 AM.

Deleted
    cheers for the tips. And thanks for at least confirming I wasn't going crazy!