Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmox View Post
    Just wondering. The amount of people requiring AOTC for heroic fresh runs in my battlegroup is staggering. I think I found like one group that doesn't require it. So for the first week of BRF can I expect there to be a ton of PuGs requiring AOTC? I've been mostly casual and the farthest I've gotten in Highmaul is 6/7 heroic. Pugging is my main source of raiding at the moment.
    Of course. Those Heroic PuGs are not meant to carry casuals, they are meant to gear up Alts from people that actually raid. There are some raiding guilds that haven't killed Heroic Imperator yet, it's not as easy as it seems. Why should an unorganized PuG carry you when they have the option to have a smooth run by requiring AotC achievement? You should stick with Normal Raids if you won't bother yourself to join a raiding guild...

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    I sure as well will be, dont wana wipe all day cause of dumbasses.
    and you probably will anyway, because your a common scrub dumbass like everyone else and will die to stupid shit....like everyone else.
    Fucking elitist attitude, stop kidding yourself...acting like you will 1 shot everything without dieing.

Infracted: Don't insult other people. You can disagree, but be respectful while doing so. -Nobleshield
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2015-02-02 at 02:55 PM.

well, last time i did a pug that didnt require it, people wiped on kargath before hero ended, so yeah i am.

7+ Year Old Account
    The responses in this thread makes me sad I skipped most of panda but I know what it takes to be a serious raider since I was super cereal in WotLK. Would an early Lich King kill date help? XD

Maybe I should just find a better guild...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrro View Post
    The responses in this thread makes me sad I skipped most of panda but I know what it takes to be a serious raider since I was super cereal in WotLK. Would an early Lich King kill date help? XD

Maybe I should just find a better guild...
    true, but just because you were a good player in the past doesnt mean you're still a good player now.

AoTC or not, i'll value a players skill over their achievement/ilvl. If they're bad i'll replace, group finder is a great tool for that.

Blizzard thought they were pulling one over on the achievement mongering raid leaders by granting the same achievement for LFR as you get for regular raids, but then there's AOTC. :/

Heroic imp is a good IQ check, if you stepped on a mine more than twice, the chance for you getting kicked is very high.

Endless 30 proving grounds achi should be enough if gear is in order even if you don't have curve. It is decent way to show that at least you do other than basic auto attack even when proving ground is failure in my opinion as there is no damage to you.

If you can't get it, tough luck. No one likes to carry people. Not really definite prove other than curve and proving ground to show you are not lol-player.
    Last edited by Thokri; 2015-02-02 at 06:56 PM.

The furthest I've gotten in a PuG on Norm Highmaul was Ko-ragh, it was mostly a guild run and they hit their time slot and quit after 2 wipes, some people kept going in the center and messing it all up. Otherwise that's been my only luck, my guild which was running SoO like crazy has been dead this x-pac. I'm tempted to leave and join a better raiding guild but I enjoy the players in my guild. Hopefully I'll be able to get in some PuGs for BRF that don't require it, I understand why people require it but sometimes those requiring it are asking to be carried themselves. Raiding is supposed to be hard, that's why its raiding, its a challenge that rewards best available gear. People now and days in the game though want everything to be a cakewalk. So for those that require AoTC for pug BRF, good luck. Hope you do great and I'll try to find those not requiring it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    true, but just because you were a good player in the past doesnt mean you're still a good player now.
    Having AotC doesn't mean you're a good player now, either.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    The furthest I've gotten in a PuG on Norm Highmaul was Ko-ragh, it was mostly a guild run and they hit their time slot and quit after 2 wipes, some people kept going in the center and messing it all up. Otherwise that's been my only luck, my guild which was running SoO like crazy has been dead this x-pac. I'm tempted to leave and join a better raiding guild but I enjoy the players in my guild. Hopefully I'll be able to get in some PuGs for BRF that don't require it, I understand why people require it but sometimes those requiring it are asking to be carried themselves. Raiding is supposed to be hard, that's why its raiding, its a challenge that rewards best available gear. People now and days in the game though want everything to be a cakewalk. So for those that require AoTC for pug BRF, good luck. Hope you do great and I'll try to find those not requiring it.
    If you really want to raid, you can find a guild on the toon you want to raid with and keep your other toons in that guild. A lot of people end up doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Imperator isn't hard by any means. If you have some awareness and competency, he falls. The only real thing is the reaver phase where you have to go balls deep on the adds. Other than that it isn't. From what I have been told, heroic blackhand will be more in line of what mythic imperator is. Not at that level, but it will require competent and spot on mechanic execution. Then he will fall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, PuG groups will require AoTC BRF from Feb 4th onwards.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    sometimes those requiring it are asking to be carried themselves.
    This. I remember farming trash in Highmaul in the first week. People would advertise Heroic trash runs and a lot of the time I'd join it and the raid leader doesn't even have heroic Kargath Killed. Once everyone points out how stupid he is, he leaves and the rest of the group soon follows. I think these raids with ridiculous requirements are those looking to be carried and/or elitists.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thankful that there's plenty of normal groups that don't require AOTC but so far I've seen most heroic groups do require it and very high item level which is disappointing. Oh well. Anyone else see bigots in their LFG tool?

I am seeing lots of groups requiring 670 ilevel and AOTC just to run BRF normals. I hope it takes them forever get a group going, nobody is going to want 665 gear if they have enough gear to be 670 with the exception of tier gear.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2015-02-03 at 07:12 PM.

I dunno about that, i'm 680 and I definitely have a few 660/670s or poorly itemized versions of such, on top of 665 tier gear being better than my mainset. Socketed/WF gear from norm is definitely going to be valuable.

Plus on top of that, i'm sure people just want to see the content.

I am seeing lots of groups requiring 670 ilevel and AOTC just to run BRF normals
    thank god LFR exists

Yep, already seen groups requiring AotC Imperator for BRF normal pugs
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.