Looking for a cube!

Must be able to fit an ATX board.

Bonus points if the board can lay down flat.

I wont be using any type of water cooling.

So far I have seen the HAF XB EVO, Carbide Air540, and the Thermaltake Core X9 (e-atx but supports atx). Outside of that, ive having a hard time finding any other Cube style cases.

Ive got plenty of room and id rather more width than height, hence moving away from tower cases. Although a good mid tower thats wider than normal isnt out of the question, at this point I am only looking at cubes.

Why are you stuck on ATX?

There are several options.

But by ATX you mean a full ATX board?

And what are the size limits? You say you have plenty of room but how big do you want it? And what price range are you looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Why are you stuck on ATX?
    Because the board im buying is an ATX board.

Quote Originally Posted by evilman View Post
    There are several options.

But by ATX you mean a full ATX board?

And what are the size limits? You say you have plenty of room but how big do you want it? And what price range are you looking at?
    Plain standard ATX.

As for size limits: 20H x 20W x 28D would be the upper limit on size.

Price wise would be about 200 or less. Stressing the less part.
    Last edited by babalou1; 2015-01-26 at 01:45 AM.

I was primarily asking because the shape you're after is WAY more prevalent in mATX and mITX cases.

Is there a reason the board -has- to be full ATX? (Quad SLI or something?)

Otherwise, i'd suggest looking at mATX (still capable of SLI) or mITX.

in mATX-compatible, there are some really nice cube-looking, even moreso in ITX.

Its not a dig at your decision, im just trying to puzzle out the whys; you can certainly get all the features other than 4 way SLI or X-fire on an mATX board, and if you're OK with sticking with a single card setup, you can definitely get high end ITX boards that have all the features you need.

For instance, if you can go with mATX, i really dig this: (built one for a friend):

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=291

not exactly a cube, but awesome looking and still packs a serious punch.

- - - Updated - - -

seems like this might also fight your needs, and its kind of attractive in svelte, understated kind of way:

http://www.corsair.com/it-it/carbide...-atx-cube-case

Also, if you can drop to mATX, the Bitfenix Prodigy-M is a great case. Its wide and squat and pretty attractive looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check out the Corsair Carbide 240 and Carbide 540. I saw the 540 in person at Fry's a few weeks ago and its really nice.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811139044

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811139022

Like Kagthul says.

Cube shaped cases are usually for mATX/mITX.
    Cube shaped cases for a full ATX are pretty rare and tend to be rather huge cause they are made to fit lots of HDDs or fit watercooling for all parts.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evilman View Post
    Like Kagthul says.

Cube shaped cases are usually for mATX/mITX.
    Cube shaped cases for a full ATX are pretty rare and tend to be rather huge cause they are made to fit lots of HDDs or fit watercooling for all parts.
    Well the 540 isn't in itself "huge" other than the fact that it has a pretty large foot print. It's a lot shorter than my old full tower case though. The idea behind it is just that it reduces height and length by moving the PSU, DVD drive bays, and HDD/SSD bays behind the motherboard and for that you sacrifice a bit of footprint (not as much as people think) but gain a nice clean looking inside for the area you want to be seen so the stuff that you don't want seen can hide in the back.

That said, yea OP unless you want a larger case, there are more options available in mITX and mATX.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |