Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account

Glyph Macro Help

I am trying to make a macros to switch my glyphs. One for PvP and one for PvE.

Right now my PvE one is:
    /castglyph Energy major1
    /castglyph Disappearance major2
    /castglyph Feint major3

The problem with this one is that when I use it it will either leave me with glyph of disappearance and 2 empty glyph slots or glyph of feint and glyph of energy and one empty glyph slot. No matter what I do it will not equip all 3 that I want, unless I clear each glyph slot then use it. Is there a macro to clear all my major glyph slots or another way to fix this?

My PvP macro is:
    /castglyph Energy Flows major1
    /castglyph Blind major2
    /castglyph Garrote major3

Now this one equips the blind and garrote glyph fine, but I can't seem to find a way to equip energy flows. I can do glyph of energy fine, but I do not know what to type in for energy flows.
    Last edited by Estocire; 2015-01-26 at 12:09 AM.

Disappearance and Energy Flows have exclusivity with other glyphs. Are you trying to equip glyph of disappearance when you already have vanish glyphed, or are you trying to glyph energy flows when you have elusiveness or evasion glyphed?

Try /castglyph 1161 major1 for energy flows.

For reference, I wrote a macro that'll list the glyph IDs:

/script for index = 1, GetNumGlyphs() do local name, glyphType, isKnown, icon, castSpell = GetGlyphInfo(index); print(name, castSpell); end;

I'm not sure what's going on with glyph of disappearance, but I'm seeing the same issue you're seeing. I wonder if it's because it has to check spec and other exclusive glyphs so it blocks you from applying it while other things are happening?
    Last edited by kindath; 2015-01-26 at 07:05 AM.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    Disappearance and Energy Flows have exclusivity with other glyphs. Are you trying to equip glyph of disappearance when you already have vanish glyphed, or are you trying to glyph energy flows when you have elusiveness or evasion glyphed?
    They do not share exclusivity. They are the standard glyphs most people use for the role and I can equip them one at a time with out issue.

Quote Originally Posted by kindath View Post
    Try /castglyph 1161 major1 for energy flows.

For reference, I wrote a macro that'll list the glyph IDs:

/script for index = 1, GetNumGlyphs() do local name, glyphType, isKnown, icon, castSpell = GetGlyphInfo(index); print(name, castSpell); end;

I'm not sure what's going on with glyph of disappearance, but I'm seeing the same issue you're seeing. I wonder if it's because it has to check spec and other exclusive glyphs so it blocks you from applying it while other things are happening?
    /castglyph 1161 major1 does not do anything (doesn't even give me an error message)

Why Blizz gotta make this so difficult -.-

- - - Updated - - -

Well it seems that the /castglyph macro is pretty bugged right now as it is not possible to switch multiple glyphs at once properly and there exists no way to macro Glyph of energy flows. Only thing I could come up with was to make 5 separate macros and to do Energy Flows manually.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know how to make macros to:
    - Change my first talent to Subterfuge and last talent to Shadow reflection
    and also another one to:
    - Change my first talent to Shadow focus and last talent to Venom Rush.

?