10+ Year Old Account

Best Blacksmithing Items to make for gold?

Ive spammed my BS link with all recipe's for days and no one is biting. What is the best items to make with 260 truesteel?

I make Truesteel Daggers. I sell them for 6-10k depending on rolls. Not a single weapon has expired on the AH yet.

Shields will become more valuable in 6.1, as they won't count for the max 3 crafted limit
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

^^ Interesting. Was not aware of this.

Surprisingly the weapons sell, which I didn't think they would considering it's fairly easy to just got a weapon from LFR.

The weapons are good for leveling past 91 though since they can be equipped and are way more powerful then Hellscreams heirlooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the upgrade tokens worth making?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    No.

You'll get better gear from normal/hc blackrock foundry, so i don't really see the point of making them personally.

I used to make buttloads of cash with beltbuckles back in cata and mop. It was easy as hell to monopolize the whole belt buckle business of the server to myself, when i bought everything in bulk (i think i bought like 3000 elementium ore at once from a gold farmer/duper). Shit was so cash it was unbelievable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had no idea about the shield thing - will have to make one for my warrior alt.

And yeah the upgrades are pointless given the access to LFR and such.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

Deleted
    Not ATM, but in 6.1 you'll be able to make a fourth upgrade tier, and those will probably sell as people upgrade their 670s to 680(?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if you like the looks, for pure power not really.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Shields will become more valuable in 6.1, as they won't count for the max 3 crafted limit
    Any chance this might apply to weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Only if you like the looks, for pure power not really.
    I was so angry when I realized the crafted plate set I wanted for looks was the fully upgraded one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Worgslarg View Post
    Any chance this might apply to weapons?
    Patch notes:
    Blacksmithing
    Crafted shields no longer counts towards the limit on Unique-Equipped: Warlords Crafted items.
    Doubt they will expand it to cover weapons, as crafted weapons were already useful while shields was just a wasted slot for a tiny stat bonus

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Surprisingly the weapons sell, which I didn't think they would considering it's fairly easy to just got a weapon from LFR.

The weapons are good for leveling past 91 though since they can be equipped and are way more powerful then Hellscreams heirlooms.
    But upgraded weapons are BiS for everyone who won't raid heroic, and weapons are usually far more important than other items
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

RNG is not something that is "easy" its random. Buying an item from the AH is easy.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    ...shields was just a wasted slot for a tiny stat bonus
    Yeah, I've noticed that. I used to think as a tank, the shield was a really important item as it has a ton of armor. But when I mouse over to compare an upgrade, it seems I'd get only a modest stat bonus (even going from my 630 current one to a 665).

Shields do have a lot of armor compared to other pieces, but it seems the amount of extra armor you get from upgrading a shield is the same as you'd get from upgrading a regular piece of gear like a helm to the same ilevel. (At least, that's what a few minutes at the conquest vendor implied).

So it seems there's nothing special about upgrading a shield compared to any other piece. As it's capped at 660 rather than 670, it seems a particularly bad use of your 3 crafted item limit to make one a shield. I'm glad Blizzard spotted this.
    Last edited by mmoced226c0d6b; 2015-01-26 at 09:12 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would say the crafted armor/upgrade tokens are a good option over raid drops because you can use the secondary stat reroll token to match your spec's #1 and #2 secondary stat. Given how all over the place stats are on gear, crafted pieces with matching appropriate stats for your spec could be a much better piece than something with a higher ilvl, e.g. something with Versatility on it.

Yeah, I have a weapon ready for each of my alts once they reach level 91. The craftable weapons are vastly superior to the heirlooms and you can kill pretty much any normal mob in 1 or 2 gcds, even if the rest of your gear is crap, not to mention you have a 630 weapon already by the time you are level 100. In either case, the weapons seem to sell around 6.5-7k on average on my server, and it might be a little easier to sell the 1h agility ones because many people will buy two of them.