Mythic Tectus Help - Tank

Hello friends,

Our guild is working on Mythic Tectus (4/7 otherwise) and they want me to take on all the adds for phase 3 as the healers think it'll be easier to keep me up than the guardian druid. With mocking banner not working on them, I'm looking for advice as to the best way to pick them all up since they usually pop one group than the next, and where they seem to jump up is random every time. Not to mention over zealous dps that insist on hitting the adds immediately so 1-2 always seem to run away.

I'm also on add duty and spamming heroic throw on them until they get gripped in for aggro D:

So any advice on adds, and picking up the 10 targets in phase 3 and holding them on you would be fantastic!

Cheers,

Chewtoy

MDs MDs MDs... Get hunters to MD and rogues to tricks to you right as the adds come up. If you still feel as though you are struggling to pick up a couple of stray adds you can always run the vigilance talent, and throw it on somebody random in the raid in order to take advantage of the 12 seconds of infinite taunts. Also make sure to save your ravager for this phase and just plonk it down on the largest stack of adds.

-Hope this helps

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vigilance and Bladestorm. Vigilence removes the cd on taunt for its duration and Bladestorm duration and radius is good enough to ensure the crucial first hits on the mobs. Pop a cd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Dragon Roar -> Bladestorm -> Thunderclap (glyphed for additional range). Ravager if you have it. Then obviously MDs

I was actually in the exact same boat tonight. Two of our tanks dodged out so i had to do the motes. I found the worst part was when multiple motes spawned inside the huge pile of crystal barrage. I tried to watch the outlines as they spawn and if that happened, drop the ravager in the barrage between me and the ranged. This made sure they got tagged and started running back. Also Berserkers spawning inside of pillars right next to the ranged stack is the best.

Do people end up one tanking it? Two, three? I've seen various solutions. I'm not sure what our healers can keep up with. When we three tanked it they said it was too hard with all the split damage. But, I'm not surviving with one tank either, and that's usually with a mote or so running around.

You're not meant to survive. Your job is too tank them for as long as possible until you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewtoy View Post
    Do people end up one tanking it? Two, three? I've seen various solutions. I'm not sure what our healers can keep up with. When we three tanked it they said it was too hard with all the split damage. But, I'm not surviving with one tank either, and that's usually with a mote or so running around.
    I think with the 3 tank strat the idea is not so much as to split the damage but have one dedicated to picking up the small adds (the orc things) making sure they don't mess up the range group. Then one tank focuses on tanking all the shards/motes in the zerg phase and the second tank is there to pick up when the first tank dies. In theory you'd want to aim for the fight to be over before or soon after the first tank dies because their probably wont be any external cds left for the second tank at that point anyway. When I read about the 3 tank strat a lot of references were about people having one of their dks switch to blood to abuse the op-ness of blood boil spam (you could have three tanks without really compromising on dps - if anything you probably gained).

But yeah three tanking didn't work for us, we two tanked and first kill I think there were 6-7 people left alive at the end.

Thanks for the help, finally got over the hump tonight