Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    well Wardens are a "night elf" thingie you know. you need to flesh out the idea abit : how do other races become wardens? etc etc.

IMO they can introduce the NE wardens in some way by giving NEs paladins, along with a plate transmog set. Tauren got the sun-warrior in form of Paladins. and seeing that Wardens are actually "the right hand of law" in the NE society Paladin fits them very well.

... also chakrams should be introduced as a 2-h transmog weapon.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2015-01-26 at 01:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    well Wardens are a "night elf" thingie you know. you need to flesh out the idea abit : how do other races become wardens? etc etc.

IMO they can introduce the NE wardens in some way by giving NEs paladins, along with a plate transmog set. Tauren got the sun-warrior in form of Paladins. and seeing that Wardens are actually "the right hand of law" in the NE society Paladin fits them very well.
    The tauren sun-walker are a good example of how the 'warden' archetype could be adopted by other races. The purpose of the warden among night elves is to act as elite assassins and guards over highly dangerous prisoners. They're a secret society of police, basically. Something comparable probably exists among the other races - elite assassins working from the shadows to maintain absolute order. The assassin thing is very rogue-ish - the rogues already tie up that sort of class, but they don't have a spec that leans more towards being a keeper of law and order, they're other specs make them appear very mercenary and sword-for-hire. A warden spec would give them for of an 'elite killer' feel - assassins who hold absolute loyalty to a higher ideal of law and authority.

The forsaken, humans, blood elves, orcs, and trolls doubtlessly have their equivalent. Wouldn't surprise me if dwarves and gnomes did as well. Goblins and worgen too, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    The forsaken, humans, blood elves, orcs, and trolls doubtlessly have their equivalent. Wouldn't surprise me if dwarves and gnomes did as well. Goblins and worgen too, probably.
    That's all well and good but you have to take out anything iconically Night Elven from the description. "Moon Swords" don't really help with that. While I like the idea as a general concept, the Warden/Bounty Hunter kind of thing, it comes off as a more of a fourth Rogue/Hunter spec than its own class.

Not too far removed from, say, wanting a class based around Necromancers and trying to push three specs out of it without being within the repertoire of Warlocks, Shadow Priests or Death Knights. It's very, very hard to do.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Jailor (Tank) - Focuses on locking down enemies while deflecting blows with his Moon Swords and avoiding damage by cleverly spinning with his razor-edged cape.
    That sounded so anime it almost made me puke.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    That sounded so anime it almost made me puke.
    Think more Matadore less Silver alchemist from FMA:B

Also this class would be wearing mail

Deleted
    Only with Demon Tinker technology.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    That's all well and good but you have to take out anything iconically Night Elven from the description. "Moon Swords" don't really help with that. While I like the idea as a general concept, the Warden/Bounty Hunter kind of thing, it comes off as a more of a fourth Rogue/Hunter spec than its own class.
    My idea of the moon swords came from this description: One of the deadliest abilities of the warden is her power to imbue a weapon with the wrath and justice of the night elves, upon a slashing or throwing weapon that she holds.

The Moon Sword is an iconic part of the Warden. Implementing them in a way without just having them be a weapon drop or like runeforges seems like a good opportunity to have a little creative licence and maybe say moon swords don't HAVE to be huge circle weapons that ONLY night elves can use.

Edit: I do agree though that Wardens would need a special flavor/resource/something to make them different from just a rogue/hunter fourth spec...but I think there is enough already to make a class, more constructive ideas are welcome
    Last edited by Mj445; 2015-01-26 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are there so many class ideas? My god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaerin View Post
    People want a new class.

Don't think Warden will be it though. I'm pretty sure the next class will wear mail, and be physical ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaerin View Post
    Because Warcraft, especially WC3 and the tabletop RPG, made iconic racial hero classes something at the heart and soul of what makes Warcraft feel like Warcraft, which WOW was designed and intended to do.

Whether by spec or just transmog questlines filled with racial lore, you "balance mongers" are just never going to get it. It's all about what something feels like, the identity, the aesthetic. And then there's a pandora's box of bullshit here regarding what new choices and new ways of doing things offers, namely it's all about offering us a way to play WOW that FEELS new, but feels like WARCRAFT.

Or you have the balance mongers and the niche police ready to invent anything they can if titan's forbid a niche seems open to be explored in this regard.

A warden is just so much rogue beyond traps and moon glaives and awesome armor, is way too much of a rogue with blink, which shadowstep can fill in, but to each their own. I love Night Elf racial armor and military units.

Last edited by Yig; 2015-01-27 at 02:01 PM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Would make no sense for other races than elves to be wardens. And even less sense for any horde race to be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    PICTURES OF NIGHT ELVES
    Dude, those look boss as! I'm rolling a nelf rogue now. Too bad you can't get the cloak.