Did you know that Burning Rush does physical damage?

This may be old news to some, but I just realized it the other day. Thought I'd share.

Burning Rush does physical damage to you, and is thus mitigated by armor - including the Metamorphosis bonus. Pick up some bonus armor gear, shift into meta, and zoom around those old raids without a care in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    This may be old news to some, but I just realized it the other day. Thought I'd share.

Burning Rush does physical damage to you, and is thus mitigated by armor - including the Metamorphosis bonus. Pick up some bonus armor gear, shift into meta, and zoom around those old raids without a care in the world!
    It's been like that since it was put into the game as far as I know. It used to hit you a helleva lot harder too and didn't turn off at a certain HP percentage. I killed myself quite often using it, or accidentally hitting it when I was low HP.

It also works with leech - and oddly the leech part sometimes crits for double healing.

Edit: also think that bonus armor does absolutely nothing unless in a tank spec. No change in armor when switching neck pieces when on ret pally.
    Last edited by Meldetia; 2015-01-26 at 05:37 AM.

Burning Rush has only been mitigate-able since WoD, and as far as I recall has never been able to kill you in any live build. It has also never done more than 4% health/sec in damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Meldetia View Post
    It also works with leech - and oddly the leech part sometimes crits for double healing.
    It returns health via Soul Link as well as Leech, which is rather funny. And also not nearly as useful as armor mitigation for not dying while running around, say, Black Temple. It all adds up though, I guess!

This is more a bad thing than a good thing. Killed myself many times on meatball before I figured what was happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I think the leech part with soul link might be a bug lol.

Also funny the red mist on Tectus is physical.
    Paladins galore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    Paladins galore.
    It has to be physical because abilities classified as AoE that deal physical damage aren't mitigated by armor — basically it's the only way to ensure everyone takes the exact same amount of damage from any given ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    It has to be physical because abilities classified as AoE that deal physical damage aren't mitigated by armor — basically it's the only way to ensure everyone takes the exact same amount of damage from any given ability.
    I'm just stating that's how we handled the mist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    I'm just stating that's how we handled the mist.
    Better if you use rogues — if you're in a smoke bomb it can't target anyone!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Better if you use rogues — if you're in a smoke bomb it can't target anyone!
    LOL did not know that.

BTW I'm Alliance on Sargeras now, if you see me gimmie a wave.

Did you know that Burning Rush also triggers Soul Link causing it to heal your pet as it damages you? It's no health funnel...but it's something for us Destros (ok....it really isn't a viable heal...still funny though!)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Bonus armor stat does not work for non-tank specializations.

Huh, so it doesn't. They should maybe add that to its tooltip on the character sheet, then, since it's visible to everyone and all. /shrug. What I get for assuming.

Meta still works, though. Going from ~15% to ~38% damage reduction from armor is pretty meaningful for staying alive under BR.