Question Mythic butcher help please.

I feel like I'm somewhat under-performing on mythic butcher. My primary concern w/ my logs is the underwhelming strength of my shields when compared to other priests' logs w/ similar stats, ilvl, and a heroic weapon. Is this a player issue, play style issue or something else?

I typically try and make sure that an entire party is shielded prior to the first cleave going out and pop x5 archangel once my guaranteed PoH crit is more useful. Is there something I could be doing to get more out of my absorbs by adjusting my play style for the fight?
    Logs from tonight's attempts:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mxgy1wZ43t28vGXL

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sanitix/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    1 st look:

More Shields, less Penance. Get better DPS.

Random top 100 disc priest:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e%240&source=6

I'm going to be 100% honest.... You're not going to kill this boss with that DPS.. we killed the boss at enrage tonight and we had 8 players over 30k(read 3 hunters at 35k, 34k, and 30k, 1 WW monk at 32k, 1 mage at 33k, 1 DK at 31k and 2 shadow priests at 31k) You guys are miles away from killing this, like 20-25 million damage behind where we are when we kill it and we kill it at 4:10... I would attempt to get moar gear for everyone in your raid...
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

Deleted
    You need to find a perfect timing with AA and PWS.

You should focus on your Evangelism stack when the group that takes the cleave has the WS debuff.

You know in advance which group is going to get hit by the cleave so the sooner you use PWS on the group, the better because that means that you might be able to shield 3+ persons for the second cleave and that's great.

Take a look at your logs and look at the time the cleave hits your groups and write on a paper what you should have (Evangelism + Shields). That might help.

First cleave :
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=156157

Second cleave :
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=156293

Cleave on the range group (after 8th cleave) :
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=156172

You have to be timed like a clock (especially as a disc). If a group fucks up the stacks on butcher, it sucks for healers and it is probably a wipe.

Save your mana as much as possible. Use 3 minutes healing CDs for the first cleaves, they will come back at the end of the fight.

We use bloodlust at the beginning of the fight and two healers with healing CDs stay away to not get the bloodlust. At the end of the fight, another bloodlust is cast just for them and their healing CDs.

Basically a fight as disc :

pull
    evangelism stacks x 5
    AA
    PWS x 4 on the first group for the first cleave
    evanglism stacks x 5
    PWS x 2/3 on the first group for the second cleave
    PWS x 4 on the second group for the first cleave
    after the 8th cleave and the kb, pws x 4 on the ranged group for the cleave

cast PWS on the first group for the 9th cleave
    and so on.

At the end of the fight, you should cast PWS for the first and third cleave on each group. You should also tell the cleave groups to have a weak aura that tracks your shield on them. It helps to manage their personal CD : mid hp + no shield = need personal CD/healing tonic.

Don't use channeled mana pot because you don't have time, use the normal one. I also use mindbender on this fight. It is sometimes hard to cast Solace on CD and mindbender helps with the extra DPS.

I am not so sure about your healing comp though. You need healing and absorbs. We kill it with pal+disc+shaman/hpriest+druid.

And also, your raid dps suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuna View Post
    1 st look:

More Shields, less Penance. Get better DPS.

Random top 100 disc priest:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e%240&source=6

Bad example to use considering the person makes no use of EAA with poh.

Deleted
    If you're going for mostly groups heals and only PW:S + Penance on tanks I got a suggestion for you, I used to do this rotation and I was around 70-75k hps in the end of our longer wipes. We use six players per cleave group, so this shouldn't be taken as strict guide if you're running less or more players in your groups.

Five seconds before pull intellect prepot and shield tanks and first cleave group
    Solace + 2 x Smite + Shadowfiend
    Shield tanks and start shielding cleave group again, cast Solace when it comes from cd, finish shielding the group
    (Here I casted Smite for 5xAA but feel free to drop it) EAA second cleave group and PW:S tanks
    Keep shielding second cleave group and tanks, you can throw random shields on the first cleave group if you got time for it, also use Penance if tanks need it
    After first Bounding Cleave throw Cascade and start shielding people again
    Basicly rinse and repeat, I always changed to shield next cleave group and let other healers top low health targets.

It's mostly about managing your mana to be able to spam shields. Use Power Infusion twice, I would recommend first time to cast it after first Bounding Cleave.
    Last edited by mmoca0d8005b19; 2015-01-26 at 09:48 AM.

My UI will give you a clear idea of what I'm doing and what's going on in the fight; try to do this except don't forget to use solace like I did.

appreciate all the tips...I'm playing it out similarly to what's being mentioned.....but where I do find myself too often is in a situation where I worry about the current group's cleave damage too much and I'm not getting 4-5 shields out on the next group....need to trust the other healers more

As a disc, I...
    Took glyph of reflective shield and was in a soaking group, doing 1.2-1.4 mil damage from that.
    Took mindbender, as it's a DPS increase over shadowfiend and my mana was fine.
    Cast PWS on tanks and myself off cooldown, cast it on soak groups before they soaked.
    Cast EAA PoH on soak groups after the 1st hit.
    Cast PWS on the bounding cleave group right after he knocks everyone back.
    DPS'd for the first 30 sec while the holy paladin carried the healing.

Keep in mind that your PWS will never be wasted. Even if you cast it on a cleave group after they switch off, they still have a bleed debuff that your shield can mitigate. Probably not the best use of healer resources, though.

Wait, you're only 2/7 Mythic and trying butcher? It's ballsy but you are a mile off the dps check.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Wait, you're only 2/7 Mythic and trying butcher? It's ballsy but you are a mile off the dps check.
    They're short on dps, but it's not entirely unreasonable for people to go for butcher early on now. Most mains should have their rings and far outgear the ilvl of the groups that deferred on him early on, waiting to tackle him last or 2nd to last.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Deleted
    Sorry for necro but tought it was better then start a new one. And since the video here helped me understand alot.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7zqkfpBaNC1gnh4V (pls ignore the fast wipes/deaths where people failed soaking adds...) Im also improving my PoH casts and it was mostly try runs, just looking mainly at answer to this question:

We didn´t have a load of tries since it was almost raid end after killing Tectus. But from what i can see at enrage most of you let other healers worry about the tanks aside from pw:s, pain sup and maybe an occassional penance? We have tanks drop dead so fast and it feels like a huge waste to focus on them more seeing how OP the shields + EAA PoH is on cleave groups. Our resto druid is considering swiching to his holy pala that is 10 ilvl lower just for tank heals.
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2015-01-31 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Sorry for necro but tought it was better then start a new one. And since the video here helped me understand alot.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7zqkfpBaNC1gnh4V (pls ignore the fast wipes/deaths where people failed soaking adds...) Im also improving my PoH casts and it was mostly try runs, just looking mainly at answer to this question:

We didn´t have a load of tries since it was almost raid end after killing Tectus. But from what i can see at enrage most of you let other healers worry about the tanks aside from pw:s, pain sup and maybe an occassional penance? We have tanks drop dead so fast and it feels like a huge waste to focus on them more seeing how OP the shields + EAA PoH is on cleave groups. Our resto druid is considering swiching to his holy pala that is 10 ilvl lower just for tank heals.
    If your holy pali is only healing the tanks then he/she should have no issues keeping them alive, especially when the other healers are throwing out minor heals to help out. Regardless dps and healing seems extremely low across the board as you need a minimum of around 30k dps average to kill the boss and healers should be pulling at least 40k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    If your holy pali is only healing the tanks then he/she should have no issues keeping them alive, especially when the other healers are throwing out minor heals to help out. Regardless dps and healing seems extremely low across the board as you need a minimum of around 30k dps average to kill the boss and healers should be pulling at least 40k.
    Alot people died, some at start as you can see cause we had a trial who couldnt get his head on how to soak adds. And its low tries + more dps on execute, also missing 2 main raiders, as far as i can see dps is no problem xD. But ye idk much about holy pala, i just know tanks fell over.
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2015-01-31 at 07:54 PM.

Deleted
    If it helps, here is our Butcher kill with Disc Priest POV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slixor View Post
    If it helps, here is our Butcher kill with Disc Priest POV
    <snip>
    For me it looks like alot of times you shield the wrong group, cast too little EAA PoH and hardcast PoM

Edit: Its all good, we killed it Ty for all the tips!
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2015-02-01 at 10:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    For me it looks like alot of times you shield the wrong group, cast too little EAA PoH and hardcast PoM

Edit: Its all good, we killed it Ty for all the tips!
    Its because I am pre-shielding in initial strike. Makes better use of my absorb, then I let the other healers (2 druids) heal up the people who are slowly taking damage from the dot, as their HoT's are perfect for that.

I cast EAA PoH conservatively only when I have to, in order to save mana. As you can see from the fight I go OoM very fast

As for the PoM, that is just force of habbit I need to get rid of