Thread: Starfall in 6.1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Critchick View Post
    Try to learn to read before failing to read and making a pointless statement.

I wrote that i don't care if a person dies or not, since you are on the druid section you should already realize that the glyph we talk about just makes the player ress with 100% health. and where my statement then states that i don't care if the person is 100% or not he shouldn't had died in first place. if he dies right after gain, well his bad not mine.

so ye screw that glyph. shaman's can ankh do they get full health? nope. so it's fine.
    This is pretty ignorant. In most raiding guilds the CR glyph is almost mandatory so that when you rez a person they are less likely to get insta-gibbed. To not take the glyph because you don't want to rez the person that died is a terrible mindset and detrimental to a raid.

Nah, only newbies dont hide moonkin form.
    Better to be a noob and enjoy Glyph of Flap than to be a 'pro' and be covered in a shiny blue shadow form :P. I love boomchickens, not sure where this idea that people who don't hide it are noobish, unless that's just a joke. If not,t hen I didn't get the memo, and i'm glad I didn't after all, lol.

Try to learn to read before failing to read and making a pointless statement.

I wrote that i don't care if a person dies or not, since you are on the druid section you should already realize that the glyph we talk about just makes the player ress with 100% health. and where my statement then states that i don't care if the person is 100% or not he shouldn't had died in first place. if he dies right after gain, well his bad not mine.

so ye screw that glyph. shaman's can ankh do they get full health? nope. so it's fine.
    Your logic is so flawed it's ridiculous though..
    the times you should be ressing (read: when healers are having their hands full) is also the time you should care about wheter or not he benefits a lot of having 100% hp when they are ressed...
    Also the tank dying is quite a common thing, it's not always his fault, might be the healers, but hey guess what they are busy keeping the other tank alive, because the original tank is already dead. Then if the tank is at full health he can immediately take back what adds, and healers get to catch up on the tank which probably is low hp after tanking quite some extra damage.
    Also during progress we had a very small amount but a few people who died from enfeebling roar debuff + pulverize and arcane volatility... thats an unlucky combo... other mechanics come to mind too, malice on garrosh HC. Every single mind control broken by % health in the game....
    Sacrificing yourself for any mechanic where you otherwise would've wiped the raid.
    While this isn't really important as the reason to why someone died should not be the case for wheter or not the target should be popped to full hp after ressing. The important thing is that the target doesn't die again, otherwise you just wasted a combat ress.
    Also 40% is around 150k-200k heal... my heals heals for around 50k each, having to spend mana and/or time on that instead of you just using a better glyph.

Funny that you mention Shaman's ankh, since its not even count towards a battle ress sooooo.

Moonwarding/Rebirth/Stampeding should be the go to option.
    With Dash/Astral communion as an alternative.

The only reason to NOT use Rebirth glyph is if your fucking raidteam is stacked with battleressers.
    But it's still a must glyph.
    Last edited by Hekkipekki; 2015-01-28 at 03:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekkipekki View Post
    The only reason to NOT use Rebirth glyph is if your fucking raidteam is stacked with battleressers.
    You don't NEED the battle ress glyph, Battle resses are no longer unique to a player and are now raid wide, 1 person can ress the whole raid if you want. Just have one of the more useless dps/healers do it. A.K.A Ferals/Resto/DKs

Back on topic. I really want to know what came into their mind to let this change happen. did someone actually complain about it??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherbob View Post
    Back on topic. I really want to know what came into their mind to let this change happen. did someone actually complain about it??
    TBH I don't understand the reason for the change. It feels like a change to almost force us into consciously using a glyph with it. The alternative is that for new players this is the safer way round and once you are experienced you can "unlock" the full potential of starfall with a glyph. Seems a bit pointless though as a change. Maybe they felt in lfr too many people were being abused for pulling additional trash so this is almost a safety check to save inexperienced people from abuse. If they don't know to glyph it to unlock it then no harm done in lfr.

I liked the derail in this thread though, very amusing to read . My opinion no glyph is particularly mandatory it depends on how your guild handles things and you own personal skill during fights. Talking about a dps using a gcd for a res though that really shouldn't be the make or break of your attempt and if it's adps dead that gcd to bring them back is worth far for dos to the raid than to delay it and cast a Sunfire for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Glimli View Post
    This is pretty ignorant. In most raiding guilds the CR glyph is almost mandatory so that when you rez a person they are less likely to get insta-gibbed. To not take the glyph because you don't want to rez the person that died is a terrible mindset and detrimental to a raid.
    If you die instantly at 60% health, you most likely would have died at 100% as well. Any mechanic doing that kind of damage is one not intended to be taken unprotected, or rare enough that you can work around it and probably don't want to ress inside of anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekkipekki View Post
    Funny that you mention Shaman's ankh, since its not even count towards a battle ress sooooo.

Moonwarding/Rebirth/Stampeding should be the go to option.
    With Dash/Astral communion as an alternative.

im talking about the amount of health you have when you are ressurected with ankh. holy shit ppl can't read today can they.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glimli View Post
    oh wow, the guy died to a kitty on 1st boss mythic. my my terrible mindset, i must ress him.

oh wow another guy stood on fire on twin ogrons, wow wtf this dude got hit by shield bash, omg. he was front of beacker and died duo to cleave.

^ i tell you what. i dont play with kids who are interested in lfr. if you are going to die on standard stuff, then you better look for another guild cuz i ain't interested in playing with ya. i play with focused ppl if i have to, and if you ain't focused then you will get kicked, if the whole raid is the same level slack then i would just find another guild.

this is not a terrible mindset, it's just asking for play on a high level, mistakes does happend, but if that happends then he just needs to suck it up when he gets a 60% health ress instead of 100%. cuz his mama ain't playing with him.

Deleted
    We need more minor glyph slots and why doesn't glyph of travel and cheetah work together?:<

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    We need more minor glyph slots
    This x1000

It's not an interesting choice, just an annoying one. I want my glyph of stars and I want orca form and glyph of travel and I'd have woodland creatures as well if it wasn't for the stupid limitation. With so many glyphs being exclusive now it's not like we'd learn all of them at once anyway.

P.S. Played Moonkin since 2006 when it didn't even have a crafting/use animation, so you just stood in place frozen when picking things up. Glyph of Stars > ugly low res owl! :P

7+ Year Old Account
    im talking about the amount of health you have when you are ressurected with ankh. holy shit ppl can't read today can they.

- - - Updated - - -

oh wow, the guy died to a kitty on 1st boss mythic. my my terrible mindset, i must ress him.

oh wow another guy stood on fire on twin ogrons, wow wtf this dude got hit by shield bash, omg. he was front of beacker and died duo to cleave.

^ i tell you what. i dont play with kids who are interested in lfr. if you are going to die on standard stuff, then you better look for another guild cuz i ain't interested in playing with ya. i play with focused ppl if i have to, and if you ain't focused then you will get kicked, if the whole raid is the same level slack then i would just find another guild.

this is not a terrible mindset, it's just asking for play on a high level, mistakes does happend, but if that happends then he just needs to suck it up when he gets a 60% health ress instead of 100%. cuz his mama ain't playing with him.
    There is no way you raid mythic with that attitude, you'd be kicked in minutes for being immature and selfish.

If you can take a MINOR glyph that will benefit your raid group its a must have. If you're too egotistical to see that you're potentially damaging your groups for no reason then that's just sad.

OT The change from a major glyph to a minor glyph is quite a big one, resulting in a small buff to balance? It'll be nice to free up a major glyph slot for utility in those rare instances where guided stars would've been needed but at the same time a lot of people might be disappointed at how they now potentially have 2 mandatory minor glyphs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    Your logic is so flawed it's ridiculous though..

Also during progress we had a very small amount but a few people who died from enfeebling roar debuff + pulverize and arcane volatility... thats an unlucky combo... other mechanics come to mind too, malice on garrosh HC. Every single mind control broken by % health in the game....
    Sacrificing yourself for any mechanic where you otherwise would've wiped the raid.
    While this isn't really important as the reason to why someone died should not be the case for wheter or not the target should be popped to full hp after ressing. The important thing is that the target doesn't die again, otherwise you just wasted a combat ress.
    Also 40% is around 150k-200k heal... my heals heals for around 50k each, having to spend mana and/or time on that instead of you just using a better glyph.
    we aren't on garrosh heroic right? k thx bye. try stay up-to-date with the game.

on current patch. there is no excuse anywhere lmao. unless bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishna View Post
    If you can take a MINOR glyph that will benefit your raid group its a must have. If you're too egotistical to see that you're potentially damaging your groups for no reason then that's just sad.
    If such a minor exist, there's a problem already. Minors shouldn't affect balance at all.

That "guided" shit should not exist at all. God forbid that some spells should need lil bit brain ... Fking blizz and their retarded designing around most retarded guy on planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    Using stars? not a real balance player
    It's called a smurfkin..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Use to be that the default was that the spell would only hit things you were in combat with. I wish they would revert it back to that and offer us the glyph of guided stars for those of us who want/need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teca View Post
    Use to be that the default was that the spell would only hit things you were in combat with. I wish they would revert it back to that and offer us the glyph of guided stars for those of us who want/need it.
    Well that would suck in non-raiding environments I do declare. Unless you meant to keep the option to have it hitting everything.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2015-02-25 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Well that would suck in non-raiding environments I do declare. Unless you meant to keep the option to have it hitting everything.
    No. I meant that a while ago starfall was setup to only hit mobs that you were in combat with prior to casting the ability.

While I don't think this change was needed, we moonkins will move forward with our heads high like we always do. Plus, it helps new players not pull entire dungeons.