Weakauras Question about multi target tracking

Hello community

I have a question about multi target tracking. For example: In a boss fight with adds, it shows me how many adds (targets) are available in melee range. Would it work with weakauras or need it an other addon for this?

Why I need this? For my ret paladin cleave rota. It's good to see if I use CS or HoR, Exo instead of Judgment or FV instead of DS.

Ps. I searched in the forum searching tool, but I didn't find something like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breaker2877 View Post
    Hello community

I have a question about multi target tracking. For example: In a boss fight with adds, it shows me how many adds (targets) are available in melee range. Would it work with weakauras or need it an other addon for this?

Why I need this? For my ret paladin cleave rota. It's good to see if I use CS or HoR, Exo instead of Judgment or FV instead of DS.

Ps. I searched in the forum searching tool, but I didn't find something like that.
    I don't think there's a good reliable way to do this. For example, the rotation addon Hekili has a feature like this which calculates the targets you're fighting to pick the proper rotation to suggest, but the WoWAPI doesn't allow you to keep track of targets like this, so the addon keeps track of enemies you hit and the event that fires when enemies die... It's better than nothing, but it's not reliable at all since it won't tell you there's more than 1 target unless you hit more than one target, and it will keep telling you to do AOE stuff even though enemies have died (if they don't trigger the event).

If the wow API allowed a better way to track targets, I'm sure hekili would use it, so I don't think this kind of addon is possible (at least not reliable).

Tobberoth has it right: the best you can do is estimate this. It's also impossible to get the location of the enemies, so you can't do better than guess if they are clumped or spread. (Though, again, you can guesswork that based on, eg, range to them.)

That said, if you do want to write your own aura for this, one tip that might be useful: most multi-target spells fire combat log events for the targets hit with the same server timestamp on all the hits, so you can use that as a heuristic to figure out how many targets that cast landed on. (Remember to filter out multistrike hits, though.)