Deleted

[suggestion] [Ele Thread] Fire shield.

Hello. you know my types, one of those of many who rerolled from ele to boomie (but still follows the ele shaman topic, if they one day shine again)

and i keep looking at the chances, but i still don't see anything amazing for me to return to one. So i though of a suggestion just to see if people would be interested. instead of getting promised by blizzard that we will get somekind of "bump" and then read on 6.1 ptr notes that we get buff on EQ and CL which is like meh.

Lets try see what happends on mage forum if blizzard did something so they were forced to use the mage aoe "blizzard" as often as ele shamans and their earth quake.

but anyways here are the suggestions. I was thinking about the shields, and realized we needed a last shield for have all 4 elements. and could be distributed this way.

Earth Shield = Meant for tanking (Resto)

Water Shield = Meant for healing (Resto)

Lightning Shield = meant for Melee DPS (Enha)

Fire Shield = Meant for Caster DPS (Ele)

I was thinking that the fire shield, could give us some more power with our single target casting spells and perhaps empower lava burst or do so that when you throw a LB then you throw a 2nd one impured with fire. which works like elemental overload, or just makes flame shock not share cd with earth shock since we get rip of lightning shield. etc

I have not yet decided which ways the fire shield should work. but i believe it would free the ele shamans for the stupidity with EQ in rotation and so on.

What do you guys think about Fire Shield?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess from an RP perspective, I prefer Elemental to more or less follow the Nature damage side of things. I'd even ideally like Lava Burst and Flame shock to be converted into some kind of Lightning type spell.

Leave the Fire to Mages and Warlocks.

I think it would be better suited as a minor glyph to alter the appearance of lightning/water shield based on spec.
    Shamans are not quite as specialized as say a fire mage/frost mage.

We don't just use fire, we use all of the elements.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would have thought the fire theme would fit with enhance more at this point than elemental.

Deleted
    Seeing that lightning shield does nothing for enhancement you should think about buffing that and not introducing a new shield .

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    I would have thought the fire theme would fit with enhance more at this point than elemental.
    Eh, it's kinda like Blizzard can't really decide which element goes where in relation to Elemental and Enhancement. Though Enhancement uses a heavy amount of fire through Lava Lash, Enhancement turns into a Storm Ascendant. Where as Elemental relies mostly on thunder and lightning, Elemental turns into a Flame Ascendant. So those two just kinda share Wind and Fire, where as Restoration has all the Water.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of interest, why do so many rereoll from ele to boomkin as opposed to other ranged caster classes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Out of interest, why do so many rereoll from ele to boomkin as opposed to other ranged caster classes?
    Because Boomie and Ele shamans almost the same playstyle, compared to anything else.

well except this patch boomie and ele always looked similar dps rotation wise or priority wise.

you throw lava burst or starsurge.

you had either flame shock up or moonfire.

i play both, and i played shadow priest, frost mage and lock aswell but for me there are few similarities between shamans and druids.

hybrid classes, cat form / ghost wolf

Typhoon / thunderstorm = knockbacks

can off heal etc.

a lot of similarities.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    We don't need three fire based casters, but we should at least have one fire based melee, I wish there was a glyph to make lava burst be a giant ball of lightning, and earthquake to have a lightning bolt hit the ground and leave the area covered in lightning bolts, maybe use some visuals from lei shen?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Critchick View Post
    Because Boomie and Ele shamans almost the same playstyle, compared to anything else.

well except this patch boomie and ele always looked similar dps rotation wise or priority wise.

you throw lava burst or starsurge.

you had either flame shock up or moonfire.

i play both, and i played shadow priest, frost mage and lock aswell but for me there are few similarities between shamans and druids.

hybrid classes, cat form > ghost wolf

Typhoon > thunderstorm = knockbacks

can off heal etc.

a lot of similarities.
    edited it for you
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it