looking to upgrade my gpu

i currently have the msi gtx 760 2gb and im looking into buying the new gtx 960 would i really get any fps gain or upgrading from the 760 to the 960 ? if not my buget is around £200 if any would could recommend any other nvdia graphics card.

(one like this_ http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-Nvidia-D...ds=gtx+760+2gb)

According to this: http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-...eForce-GTX-760

It is a slightly better card. Is it worth the cost for that minimal of an upgrade though? For me, I would say no, but that's up to you.

Deleted
    It is not worth the money. Only real upgrade would be getting a 970 if you want to stick with Nvidia.

ok thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by drdood View Post
    i currently have the msi gtx 760 2gb and im looking into buying the new gtx 960 would i really get any fps gain or upgrading from the 760 to the 960 ? if not my buget is around £200 if any would could recommend any other nvdia graphics card.

(one like this_ http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-Nvidia-D...ds=gtx+760+2gb)
    What do you want to upgrade for? Just sounds like you want something new. 760 runs MMOs fine and the Nvidia rep himself on PCPer said you shouldn't upgrade one generation, it's not worth it. So no, you shouldn't.

this is the thing im not just playing mmos im playing other games aswell

Deleted
    If you got a 760 atm then to have a significant upgrade that is worth the money you need to jump straight to a 970. (if you play games that can utilize the power).

Jumping in here as I have a very similar question.

I currently have the ASUS GTX GeForce 760 2GB Mini and I'm not all that satisfied by its performance. I get steady above 60 FPS but I also get a lot of screen tearing (playing everything almost maxed out) even in older games, especially WoW, GW2 and Firefall.

Would a GTX 970 be a noticeable upgrade as in would I be able to play everything maxed out with no lag/tearing whatsoever?

And if so is this a good choice for a 970? MSI GTX 970 Gaming

The rest of my system is:

CPU: Intel i7 4790K
    MB: Asus Z97 Pro Wi-Fi
    RAM: 16GB Kingston XyperX Beast (T3) - DDR3 DDR2400 (PC3-19200) [KHX24C11T3K2/16X] (it's actually clocked at 1600 but can overclock to 2400)
    PSU: Corsair CX750M
    SSD: Samsung 840 Pro (256GB)

I feel like with my specs I should be able to play everything super smooth but somehow I don't get very good performance (meaning not everything on ULTRA).

Deleted
    What resolution and hz you play at? As in what monitor(s) you got?
    Generally in mmo's you won't see that much of a performance boost but in the rest you will provided you have the monitor to see the difference.

Heres the AnandTech Bench results on different games, in most cases is at least a 40% fps boost. As i said it depends on what resolution you play and from game to game.

Your cpu is really good so there is no problems/bottlenecks there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    snip
    Thanks for the reply. My monitor runs at 60Hz refresh rate and is this one, VE278Q.

I play at a 1920x1080 resolution.