Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No, the game have been down that road in the past, and it was terrible!

Impossible to balance.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkpoison324 View Post
    the reason i bring this up is because my guild is 7/7N 7/7H and 0/7M

we can't seem to get 20 people to do a mythic raid yes we understand we can pug but we rather not pug at all

i don't understand why mythic needs 20 at all I understand that it can not be Flex because it needs to stay equal across the board for the people fighting for worlds first but there needs to be at least a 10 man version of mythic for the smaller guilds

am i wrong for wanting this ?
    I completely and utterly disagree with you in all your points.

The highest end raiding should require 20 people, and should have no adjustable scaling to fit you / anyone else. They have already stated all the reasons they made the highest end raiding a solid 20 and nothing else. They have outlined the benefits and they completely outweigh the cons.

Forcing one raid size for endgame was one of the best things the ever went back to.

It shows in the good tuning of highmaul. Most mythic guilds (100-1000 in the world) are killing bosses betweeen 50-100 pulls which is roughly the sweet spot. Something like Koragh or tectus mythic would have been really quite difficult to tune properly for 10 and 20 man.

20 players is perfect. Either recruit more, or leave your guild for one doing Mythic. 10 players doesn't provide challenging content for the exact reason you said. It's easier to get 10 idiots to work together than 25. Plenty of previous world first kills were done with 10 people because it's simply easier. a static raid environment helps provide a more comparative raid experience all across the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia
    Has anything pushed you to the edge of quitting WoW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreall
    Long Distance relationships and Justin Bieber

Deleted
    Mythic Imperator would have been a nightmare to tune for a 10-man. It'd have to be completely gutted to make doable and it'd make me sad to see such a fantastically designed fight get that kind of treatment.

Deleted
    No. It's nice to see more than 10 players in a RAID setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole point of Mythic is to have that one size so that Blizzard can tune it perfectly to that size. Having a 10 man option would go against the whole point of having Mythic as a difficulty.

Fantastic Signature made by Maybenotquiteasheavy

Deleted
    10 man raiding being "normalised" to resemble the difficulty of 25 man (and I say resemble lightly) in Cataclysm was a travesty as evidenced by the damage done to multiple raiding guilds that ended up either choosing or having to drop to 10 man in order to get equal gear and progression, never mind those that stopped playing altogether.

No, when a body has cancer, you cut it out or blast it with radiation until it dies. This is what Mythic has done, it's perfect besides not being 25 man.

okay mythic should be 20
    now delete this thread

20 for the super high end is acceptable. You can go heroic 10 if you want, more people in this case helps with more complex encounters.

no

We just got to the point where the raid content can be balanced perfectly.

If we go back to two different raid sizes it'll suck again.

Your guild just needs to recruit, get better management bruh

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it is perfect just the way it is.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

There's nothing mythic about 10 man raiding.

Deleted
    I think the whole point of how mythic is done now is to not have different raid sizes. I think that would ruin the whole point of having a fixed 20 man raid size.

15+ Year Old Account
    This seriously sounds like "My brother got a toy and now i want one too..." You just have to wait and get more people before you will be able to play with big brothers toys its funny tho no matter how good or precise people explain it people still dont want to get why blizzard didnt make a 10man mythic raid... The game was the best when the most competitive raid had 1 size that blizzard could tune and they ruined that when they made 10man equal to 25man hence why they now made a 20man that they can tune to perfection without having to worry about a other raid size.

Now there is one competitive raid size and thats 20man mythic and for world first thats where the fight will be and not spread between 10man or 25man thats so unbalanced.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2015-01-26 at 05:20 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

the reason i bring this up is because my guild is 7/7N 7/7H and 0/7M

we can't seem to get 20 people to do a mythic raid yes we understand we can pug but we rather not pug at all

i don't understand why mythic needs 20 at all I understand that it can not be Flex because it needs to stay equal across the board for the people fighting for worlds first but there needs to be at least a 10 man version of mythic for the smaller guilds

am i wrong for wanting this ?
    Since it's easier to get 10 people would you accept them making a 10 man mythic but with a lesser ilvl? If not then no.

Their main reason opting for 20man was more flexibly on creating more interesting raid mechanics.

The set in stone 20 people for Mythic raiding is a little disappointing. It would have been nice if they would have at least gone with a 10 or 15 player Mythic mode as well.

how does having 10 people stop them from creating a more difficult or intriguing encounter that doesnt make any sense the difficulty can easily still be there
    Because they have to tune it for multiple raid sizes, which takes time away from development.

Okay but whats the issue of having 2 different mythic versions 10/20?
    Your join date suggests you were around when that existed, so you know why it doesn't work in practise.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh