Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    For me, doing Fractals and lvl 80 dungeons (the harder explorable paths) is "endgame" based on the definition I provided in the very same post you just quoted, i. e. activities that are only (really) available to you after hitting max level
    Those don't exist, as I've said before, I did all dungeons while the game was "fresh" so I usually was near the recommended level when I did dungeons (often below). So even according to your definition there isn't endgame.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Those don't exist, as I've said before, I did all dungeons while the game was "fresh" so I usually was near the recommended level when I did dungeons (often below). So even according to your definition there isn't endgame.
    So you did the level 80 dungeons and Fractals below level 80, even though level 80 is required to enter them ? That is actually a pretty impressive feat.

You can enter all dungeons and fractals as lvl 1, you're just showing your ignorance now.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

So you did the level 80 dungeons and Fractals below level 80, even though level 80 is required to enter them ? That is actually a pretty impressive feat.
    Fractals are open to level 1 players.

10+ Year Old Account
    A level 1 player isn't going to get very far in Fractals and you both know it. Just stop.
    Valar morghulis

After more looking I thought I'd post in here too. I played the game for a few months at launch and quit. Couldn't dedicate time to the game and WoW....now I've given up WoW and am playing GW2 again, but I'm trying to find a guild to join and the sticky at the top....hasn't been updated in ages, so I thought I'd try this thread to see what's a good way to find a decent (fun) guild to join. Mostly PvE stuff, but WvW sounds fun.

reddit is probably the best resource in order to find a guild
    the official forums might have a place for that as well

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    A level 1 player isn't going to get very far in Fractals and you both know it. Just stop.
    Just like nobody can solo Molten Core Facility or the other dungeon thing right?

Just like nobody can solo Molten Core Facility or the other dungeon thing right?
    A person should never use "just like" as an argument. Its the laziest most unconvincing thing ever.

"You shouldn't run with scissors."

Just like the challenger mission was supposed to be safe, right???

Yes I get that attempting to have a totally unrelated subject stand-in for your argument seems like a convenient out, but it just doesn't work.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

It's a poke at Karizee because in the past I did exactly what I wrote (solo'd MF and Aether BS) but she didn't believe me so I made this as proof.

I still remember doing some fractals with a level 14. Was the best player in the group. We basically completed the run because of the level 14.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I still remember doing some fractals with a level 14. Was the best player in the group. We basically completed the run because of the level 14.
    C'mon, what level though?

Seriously, you guys are going to give people the wrong impression - they'll get into the game and see that 99% of the listings are "Level 80 only" and know you were bullshitting.
    Valar morghulis

Seriously, you guys are going to give people the wrong impression - they'll get into the game and see that 99% of the listings are "Level 80 only" and know you were bullshitting.
    Huge difference between what they "can" do, and what random strangers will "let" them do.
    At level 1, especially after the September "Feature" pack, they'll be blocked out of a lot of stuff. The entire point though, and a big feature of GW2 is that the journey to 80 is often just as fun as the stuff that can only be done at 80; and there are some things added into the game that you can start doing at even low levels.
    GW2 in general has a much more friendly community than what is present in any other MMO, or generally online community. The game is built to foster friendly and helpful interactions in most cases. That still doesn't get rid of or bar people that are of generally poor disposition, or that are far too worried about what other's have told them 'is the best', than what they have actually witnessed as the best. There are some grumpy people who will do something silly like give a list of stats or requirements to join a pug, but that's fine because pugs aren't the only way to do dungeons, or anything else in the game. The game does allow for the easy formation and dissolution of groups with any real UI hassles, but joining pugs for dungeons is still a last resort option, regardless of the game (If you want to avoid poor mannered individuals).
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

When people stop making bull shit claims like this:
    For me, doing Fractals and lvl 80 dungeons (the harder explorable paths) is "endgame" based on the definition I provided in the very same post you just quoted, i. e. activities that are only (really) available to you after hitting max level
    I'll shut up, until then I look forward to continue pointing out that they are wrong and that there's nothing in game limiting you from doing that whenever you like. There are player limitations sure but that's just like the no-sylvari groups or the no-ranger groups and so on.

I'll shut up, until then I look forward to continue pointing out that they are wrong and that there's nothing in game limiting you from doing that whenever you like. There are player limitations sure but that's just like the no-sylvari groups or the no-ranger groups and so on.
    In his defense, he did say "(really)" as a qualifier, and this endgame discussion almost always comes back to opinions and semantics and stuff anyway.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

That's like saying "You can only 'really' make 10g/h" which is true for many people but it's perfectly possible to earn a lot more than 10g/h.

I can not speak for others, but I am talking about the design of the game. As such the game intentionally allows players of any level to openly participate in Fractals.

What the players think of this, their self created rules or any opinion on the matter is no consequence whatsoever. The game is designed as such and the gameplay supports any level of player in a Fractal.

There is no misinformation being given here.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-01-28 at 11:17 PM.

It was fractals level 2 or something like that. I am not saying that you can run around doing fractals level 50 in a fresh level 1 char but there is nothing stopping you from trying out that part of the content while you are still leveling. Its the same with WvW. You can try it out before you are 80. If you want to be really good at it then thats a different story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I can not speak for others, but I am talking about the design of the game. As such the game intentionally allows players of any level to openly participate in Fractals.

What the players think of this, their self created rules or any opinion on the matter is no consequence whatsoever. The game is designed as such and the gameplay supports any level of player in a Fractal.

There is no misinformation being given here.
    It does not however support any level of player in any scale of Fractal. Quite the opposite in fact, you need to be 80 to equip ascended gear for Agony Resist to progress through Fractals - that is clearly both the design and the practice of the game.

To suggest otherwise is indeed giving misinformation.
    Valar morghulis

Then why are people upleveled?
    Additionally AR comes into play at lvl 10 and it only starts to hurt at level 30 so your point is invalid.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2015-01-29 at 12:21 AM.