Poll: Did you enjoy AQ40/20?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    AQ20 was better than AQ40 imo as it wasn't as big and didn't require you to have a bug mount. AQ40 while it was cool in it's own way, the run back to the later bosses took forever after wipes. Another reason AQ20 was great is that is was on a 3 day reset timer with ZG.
    AddOns: Tim @ WoWInterface
    Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
    Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List

Deleted
    Cleared 20 man raid in vanilla, it was fun.
    Didn't get to raid 40 man version in vanilla, but cleared it several times in TBC. It was fun and harder at 70 than today's LFR.

But it wasn't anything special. Just huge rooms full of bugs.

I ran it in BC, so yeah we were 70 but still had ups and downs if people did not know the fights. I loved Twin Emperors as a lock being able to tank with my Searing Pain and having to pick them up when they port. The raid itself wasn't that great. A lot trash, even for me. AQ20 was really bland and much worse than AQ40. Overall, please no more revamps or similar raids. For people who missed Vanilla and beyond, I have to say tough luck. I think this is one of the laziest things Blizz ever does, remaking raids and dungeons.

Deleted
    Was... A love/hate relationship.

Especially due to the layout like many said.. After working an entire afternoon/night to get to C'thun.. After you wiped it you knew what was gonna happen...a 7 to 10 minute WALK. (if you don't get lost in the middle)

Loved the fight mechanics however.
    Last edited by mmocfce77134c3; 2015-01-27 at 09:38 AM.

Deleted
    I had to vote "didn't like it at all" for two reasons:

1) Huhuran - please have 15 people at nature-resi cap

2) a very personal reason:
    Raiding lost its naive innocence here. We were a huge bunch of people who just loved raiding with each other. From today's perspective I would say probably 15 people carried the remaining 25 in Molten Core. But since nobody had a clue about theory crafting, damagemeters and stuff like that, nobody knew! BWL became hard for us, but we finallly managed to clear it (had to borrow a dwarfen priest for our first Nefarian kill).
    But AQ40 was the place where we realized that we were too bad to finish the instance. Twins were a dead end and after some people quit in frustration, we couldn't even kill Huhuran anymore. Naxx was a complete desaster (not a single kill, not even Anub'Rekhan).
    For me, AQ40 killed my first raid.

Deleted
    Cleared both 20 and 40 and it was very fun. You had the insect mounts and even the opening of the gates was a huge event, to bad the server chain crashed for hours on end.
    One thing that dragged the raids down was the bugs.. oh god there was plenty around. Couldn't clear a couple until they got patched up a bit so we were stuck for quite some time. But we made it in the end.
    As a poster above me said, i dont miss the resist gear check either : /
    Last edited by mmoc44505a06a9; 2015-01-27 at 08:50 AM.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I voted for Yes!, but only if the layout is improved. Traveling through empty halls of the same scenery after wipe was not my cup of tea.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know the best part about AQ 40? When you realize that the first little temple area you enter after defeating Skeram (the first boss waaaay back at the beginning) is almost literally 200 yards from where C'thun is, because they're both the same building and all that seperates you is a single wall.

I've always disliked that "dungeon" layout of "you're within throwing distance of the final boss, but some stupid barrier blocks your way and you have to detour for half a mile to get there." The only exception I find to this is Ulduar, because it makes sense there.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

AQ 20 was like my endgame raid in Vanilla as it was the only way my guild could compete with a higher-end guild; we ended up within the first three server kills of Ossirian or something.

AQ 40... never got a chance to do it at-level as the highest 40 man I got to was BWL and the guildbreaker boss.

Deleted
    I used to just love the tunnel of bugs. RUN!!!1

10+ Year Old Account

Huehue.

Would be fun to see a max level AQ40 tbh :P Would be worse then MC! Hahahah
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

No I did not like it very much, simply because the scenery was extremely boring and definitely a step back from BWL and even MC seemed more detailed.
    The fights themselves - especially the last three bosses - were very well designed and are fully comparable to Naxx40. If only it would not have looked so incredibly boring...

I would love to see the theme return but utilize improvements on raid design. Though the runs back were unique in their soul crushing nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only did AQ20 when it was recent content and it was really good. As pointed out before the second fight was really nice. At first it seemed like way too much. All these mobs in that yard? Coming on you at a set timer and you have npcs to keep alive? At first you got overwhelmed quickly but it was really engaging to see the progress when you made it to the next wave and then the one after and so on.

how about a raid opening event on the same scale?

would make it feel much 'bigger'.

AQ-series was terrible. Anything INSECT-like does not have a place in WoW (imo).

AQ was boring to me. Sure it was hard back then. But how it looked .... and that annoying insect sound.
    I don't mind insects to be outthere in the world to be chopped up by PC's. But raids? Hell no.

They did a decent job with the MoP-insect race, but still ... meh really.

I also hate troll dungeons/raids.

Edit: Just want to note that difficulty and how the boss/trash performs have NOTHING to do with liking the insect theme (as is what the OP imo decribed).